125 replies to this topic

#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

what the (), in my jm6-s armeod with 4 mdlaser and 3 ac 5 with 240 ammo and xl 265 i just did 5 kills and 1400 damage!!!!!!!!

what the()i did 1400 damage with ac 5 in a 65 tons!!!!! this is overpowered!!!!!! nerf ac 5 now!!!!!!

ac 2 ac 5 and ultra ac 5 are overpowered compared to gauss, in order to understand that you must compare builds

DUAL GAUSS JAGERMECH VS 3 AC 5 + 4 MDLAS JAGER

i choose the ac sniper version

2 GAUSS + 4 MDLASER CATAPHRACT 3D VS 3 ULTRA AC 5 + 3 MDLASER MUROMETS

i choose the ac version

and..........just for a second............consider how much damage without overheating a Victor 9b with 3 ac 2, 825 ammo and 19 double heat sinks can do

12 damage each second without overheating for at least 15 seconds, at 720 meters and with 2000 rangE!!!!!

AC 5 AND UAC5 HEAT FROM 1 TO 2

AC5 AND UAC5 RELOAD FROM 1.5 TO 2.0

AC 2 RELOAD FROM 0.52 TO 0.75

AC 2 SPEED FROM 2000 TO 1500

otherwise the gauss is useless

**** 1400 damage with 3 ac 5 boat is silly

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 16 January 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

what the ****, in my jm6-s armeod with 4 mdlaser and 3 ac 5 with 240 ammo and xl 265 i just did 5 kills and 1400 damage!!!!!!!!

That also tells your opponents were total shait, not being able to kill slow XL engined jager.

2 GAUSS + 4 MDLASER CATAPHRACT 3D VS 3 ULTRA AC 5 + 3 MDLASER MUROMETS

i choose the ac version

Against same skilled 3D pilot you will die in that XL ILYA because you can't jump.
jumpsniper > non jumpers.
Oh and ditch those MLs and add ERPPC way better.

and..........just for a second............consider how much damage without overheating a Victor 9b with 3 ac 2, 825 ammo and 19 double heat sinks can do

12 damage each second without overheating for at least 15 seconds, at 720 meters and with 2000 rangE!!!!!

And you have to face the enemy whole time which makes spreading damage pretty hard, If that build would be so OP there would be a lot of those in games? but there isn't.
It's also kinda waste of ammo to shoot AC2s over 1400 meters, even at this point it's just 1 damage per bullet.

#3 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

Considering that this is an anecdote without a screenshot, I believe the appropriate response is...

Bet you can't pull that 1400 damage off again. :mellow:

#4 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

no i can't, but i usually go around 700-800 each match, this is still too much, medium damage should be 500 per match, not 800

this game is not 1vs 1 but 12vs12

1vs1 means nothing

i seldom find myself in 1vs1 situations

and i will never change those mdlaser with an er ppc, it is about how much damage you do with them, and i want 70 ammo for gauss, i usually need them all, but i never went over 1050 damage with the 2 gauss and 4 mdlaser

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 16 January 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

It is only natural, since AC20/10 are nerfed. Next time, someone will QQ about UAC5s. Ballistics at its current state is not very balanced.

Edited by El Bandito, 16 January 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#6 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 16 January 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

no i can't, but i usually go around 700-800 each match, this is still too much, medium damage should be 500 per match, not 800

this game is not 1vs 1 but 12vs12

1vs1 means nothing

i seldom find myself in 1vs1 situations

and i will never change those mdlaser with an er ppc, it is about how much damage you do with them, and i want 70 ammo for gauss, i usually need them all, but i never went over 1050 damage with the 2 gauss and 4 mdlaser

Med dmg is 350-450 ish if the whole team does their part.

Above 500 ish is high dmg, either because you are left to wreck havoc or not.

on my experience any Jager being focused by at least 2x players won't last longer than 5-6 secs unless the ppl shooting sucks a lot.

#7 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Are you aware of certain mechanics that may explain your damage values.

2 Gauss deploys 30 damage in one shot to one location if it hits this has done a big chunk of damage if it was aimed well it did a big chunk of damage to a vital spot.2 more like that and you probably killed anything heavy weight or lower but only did 60-90 damage. let's even say you average 5 hits to a kill with twin gauss.

5 x 30 = 150 damage per kill.
150 x 5 kills = 750 damage.

Three AC5s is 15 damage per hit so double the number of hits required and realize that with more shots there are more chances to hit the target in areas that are not the desired location.

So 15 points CT 15 points CT 15 points RT 15 RT 15 RA 15 RL 15 CT etc.

That is why you see higher damage output from grouped light ACs over a gauss.

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

Sorry OP, can't agree with you.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Usually that mech SHOULD die pretty fast at ML range.

Edited by Curccu, 16 January 2014 - 04:24 AM.

#10 NovaWasp

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

That amount of damage was most likely due to an Ammo explosion. Probably LRM ammo.

I did 800 damage with 2 LBX and 4 MGs. I fired on 2 mechs and died very quickly. Ammo.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

I really cant stand nerf warriors anymore. This is just insane.

#12 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

*sigh*

f@cking nerf herders...

#13 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Posted Image

Nerf all the things!! All of them!

#14 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

lol starting a thread to brag is so infantile

#15 Varent

• 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 January 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

That also tells your opponents were total shait, not being able to kill slow XL engined jager.

This. Its the major issue with the jager. sure your damage potential is massive but your also a giant target with no means of defending yourself when you have an xl.

#16 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

;) sense is tingling

Can we please just stop calling for a nerf every time someone gets killed by something? I mean seriously. This is getting really ridiculous. And no, you're "Well if so many people are posting it, it must need to be changed" arguments are not valid.

This is almost as bad as the "remove this trend" that took place.

Weapons are in a good spot right now. The recent change to AC20&10 helped, I think if they reduced ballistic ranges they would be great.

#17 Varent

• 2,393 posts
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostSandpit, on 16 January 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

;) sense is tingling

Can we please just stop calling for a nerf every time someone gets killed by something? I mean seriously. This is getting really ridiculous. And no, you're "Well if so many people are posting it, it must need to be changed" arguments are not valid.

This is almost as bad as the "remove this trend" that took place.

Weapons are in a good spot right now. The recent change to AC20&10 helped, I think if they reduced ballistic ranges they would be great.

This.

#18 HighTest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationKitchener, ON

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

I hate to break it to you, but it likely has more to do with the way that the game played out and less to do with the weapons being OP.

I myself had a 987 point damage game last night. Not because I was in a 3xUAC5 Ilya. Not because I have epic aim. But because the entire match, only ONE enemy mech even bothered to fire at me, and after he took a few hits from me he ran off. The enemy was all too busy firing at my PUGs, which allowed me to pretty much just sit there and unload ammo.

But, you'll say, "That was 3 x UAC5s! See, they ARE OP!" Perhaps. But I can guarantee that if I was running Gauss Rifles or PPCs or AC2s or anything with a bit of range, it wouldn't have mattered, since they would do the exact same thing with the enemy just ignoring me outright.

In fact, I should say thank you, fellow teammates from that match, for keeping the enemy so well occupied.

Now, get yourself surrounded by a wolfpack of enemy lights and see how easy it is to do 1400 damage. ;)

#19 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostHighTest, on 16 January 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I hate to break it to you, but it likely has more to do with the way that the game played out and less to do with the weapons being OP.

I myself had a 987 point damage game last night. Not because I was in a 3xUAC5 Ilya. Not because I have epic aim. But because the entire match, only ONE enemy mech even bothered to fire at me, and after he took a few hits from me he ran off. The enemy was all too busy firing at my PUGs, which allowed me to pretty much just sit there and unload ammo.

But, you'll say, "That was 3 x UAC5s! See, they ARE OP!" Perhaps. But I can guarantee that if I was running Gauss Rifles or PPCs or AC2s or anything with a bit of range, it wouldn't have mattered, since they would do the exact same thing with the enemy just ignoring me outright.

In fact, I should say thank you, fellow teammates from that match, for keeping the enemy so well occupied.

Now, get yourself surrounded by a wolfpack of enemy lights and see how easy it is to do 1400 damage. ;)

it was clearly a humblebrag, nothing more

#20 HighTest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationKitchener, ON

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostFierostetz, on 16 January 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

it was clearly a humblebrag, nothing more

You're probably 100% right. I just don't want the devs to get it into their heads to keep micro-balancing weapons that don't need balancing when they should instead be working on new features. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users