• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

-=CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTATION=-

-:DOCUMENT BEGINS:-

Operation: Ugly Day
Debriefing: Our enemies are on the edge of destruction. One more strike to their critical industrial points and they will fall to their knees. We need a specialized set of units for this job. That is why we have developed the "Ugly Day" class of Mechs specifically for this operation.

Death's Head AS7-D-DC

This Mech is the head of all attack lances. It mounts a powerful armament designed to cripple Mechs even of the same weight class. The LRMs bring a devastating opening salvo to weaken the armor with the Large Lasers firing all the way in. When chain fired the AC/5s deal a devastating 6.6 DPS and the SRMs can provide ultra-close support.

Lucifer KTO-18

This Mech is designed to be the first one in and last one standing. It mounts a deadly 30 SRM tubes with 27.7 salvos worth of SRMs. 2 flamers can provide close ranged backup.

Ferrocarbie Rain KTO-18

Similar to the Mech above this Mech mounts many missile tubes, this time using LRMs. 40 tubes of long-ranged steel death while moving at 81 KPH to avoid fire and 36 salvos of ammo makes this Mech coveted by many.

Jagermeister JM6-DD

This Mech deals a fearsome 13+ DPS set to chain fire to rip open enemy armor at a horrific rate. A devastating "Alpha Strike" can deal 20 damage to finish an enemy unit.

Gunsmith HGN-733C

This Mech is an awe-striking brawler. Its AC/5s set to chain fire can deal 6.6 DPS as it bravely marches into the fray. Its Large Laser can aid it with scaring off enemies at long range and it's Medium Pulse Laser can melt enemy armor at close ranged. Its SSRMs can track and smash fast moving targets, and the SRM 6 can provide additional missile support when ECM is blocking locking abilities.

Reaper BLR-1D

This Mech, when coupled with the <Gunsmith> can brawl with deadly capabilities. It's AC/5 unleashes a hard hitting strike to keep the enemy off balance. Its Large Laser can melt off armor at long ranges where the Medium Lasers cannot reach. When in reach the Medium Lasers rip off the armor from the target so the Machine Guns can get the final reaping.

Black Flag COM-DK

This Mech, even though it is the scout of the series, is still deadly. 4 MPLs, when fired under control, can rip armor off an enemy till support can arrive. Its speed coupled with damage makes it like a Black Flag on the horizon, striking fear into its opponent's heart.

Gamma Slam TDR-5SS

Due to its use of solely lasers we have dubbed this Mech the "Gamma Slam". It is one of the most destructive Mechs in our arsenal. 2 Large Lasers can bring heavy damage at long ranges. When it gets closer it can bring 2 Medium Lasers to bare. 3 Medium Pulse Lasers can finish the job.

Sparks JM6-DD

Despite the cute nickname this Mech is more than a match for any enemy unit. 2 Gauss rifles can deal 30 pinpoint damage and the lasers can destroy the internal components. It can fight at a frighteningly long range with it's Gauss rifles and slip back into the shadows. 8 tons of ammo assure that this Mech will not run out of ammo when in the hands of a good shot.

Conclusion: This arsenal of new and fearsome Mechs will cripple all our foes. With the right pilots and the right combination of Mechs no enemy will match our might. It is critical that these Mechs and documents be kept secret, otherwise our enemies will be an equal match for us. I will continue to send new blueprints as I create them.

~Regards,

Errikkan Krigaren

-:DOCUMENT ENDS:-

Well, I had a fun time making these Mechs on Smurfy and I had a better time typing this mini story to present them :D. I hope you enjoy using and tweaking these builds!

--DavidHurricane

NOTE: I am not really looking for criticism. They Mechs have imperfections and could be improved in some ways, but I am just trying to give a good platform to work off of.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 20 January 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#2 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

I enjoyed the read :D

#3 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 17 January 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

I enjoyed the read :D

Well, I hoped someone would. What did you think of the builds themselves?

#4 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

just a few tips; (and sorry, my enter key is working right now :) ) ammo is always better placed in the legs, then head then arms. gauss rifle ammo dosnt explode, so that ok, and good for padding your mech too, however gauss rifles do explode, 90% chance I believe and deal 20 damage. CASE dosnt help you with XLs sadly. so you can remove them. otherwise nice weapons, I can dig it. :D

#5 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Regarding CASE: Based on my experience CASE really helps with ammo explosions. I die very often without CASEd ammo. And as for the Gauss exploding, that is why I armored everything well and only put it on heavier Mechs that can take the damage.

With my Victor I have actually survived many Gaussplosions and SSRM ammo explosions.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 17 January 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 17 January 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Regarding CASE: Based on my experience CASE really helps with ammo explosions. I die very often without CASEd ammo. And as for the Gauss exploding, that is why I armored everything well and only put it on heavier Mechs that can take the damage.

With my Victor I have actually survived many Gaussplosions and SSRM ammo explosions.

The reason he's saying CASE doesn't help with XL engines is because even though it contains the damage to that area in the case of an ammo explosion it still blows off the side tors which destroys the XL engine.
Have't had time to look through the mechs but I will this evening. I always like seeing what other people are riding around in

#7 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

These builds are sweet! :D As soon as I have the cash I'm going to try a few of these.

Nice backstory too!

#8 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Terrible ammo placement on nearly every design.

#9 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 17 January 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

we just covered that.

#10 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 17 January 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

CASE only goes in the shoulders good sir.

#11 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I pretty much like the Jägermeister, Prost!

#12 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

The KTO18 is an interesting and gutsy build. I'd try this instead. You will make them HATE you in short order when you go to chain fire and they forgot to bring their AMS and don't know how to hide. How do I know? Many many kills doing this.

You don't need 40 tubes, 25 will do the trick. You need speed and a little something to make the lights respect you and drive them outside of 180m so you can turn your 'pain chain' on them. Trust me. A light does not want to see a rainbow of doom chasing them down. The damage all goes to the legs if they don't break lock and hide. If they have AMS, fine, change to volley fire. 25 missile groups fired every couples seconds has more pressure of fire to cut right through and get 15-20 through their AMS cover in most cases and scare the plotznik out of them.

This is a proven mech that you won't want to stop piloting if you love your LRMs. You do this mech, and you will see why you need that 108kph after speed tweak. They're coming for you and I mean right now. If I see you piloting this, I know I will. :P

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9d02206d64e79ac

As for Case, the only worth it has in an XL mech is providing one more potential critical slot to suck up damage and prevent an ammo explosion. In other words, pack in another ton of ammo, because you're dead anyway if that's your last line of defense.

Edited by Kjudoon, 17 January 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#13 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostLiGhtning90, on 17 January 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I pretty much like the Jägermeister, Prost!

That one has field proven results. One of my best Jagers

#14 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

=+=SHORT RANGE HYPERCAST DETECTED=+=

=+=DECIPHERING=+=

Hello commander. I have most interesting news for you. You will hear more about it from me tomorrow.

--Errikkan Krigaren

=+=HYPERCAST SIGNAL TERMINATED=+=

=+=THANK YOU FOR USING COMSTAR'S HYPERCAST BROADCASTING SYSTEM=+=

Edited by DavidHurricane, 17 January 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#15 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

You've a knack for writing lore, my friend. Keep up the good work.

#16 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

I have a knack for toying with text for sure :P

#17 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hello commander. I have heard the results of your attack and I am well pleased. Well, I did not hear much of it but the news networks have all been discussing how our foe's Fusion Reactor Plants have all been ground to ash and how all major production of Mechs and weapons has stopped. Alas, this operation has not yet ended. Multiple devices were shipped to an uninhabited volcanic planet at 17:00 hours yesterday. We know not of their purpose. This must be a mission of scouting only until we have identified the device's purpose. We have 2 new ECM equipped Mechs for your operation. I hope they operate to satisfaction.

Tarantula SPD-5D

This Mech is a fast and deadly fighter. A single Large Pulse Laser can place 10.5 damage in one location in a short amount of time. Fired wisely, the Mech will never overheat. The Mech's ECM, like the <Blackbird> allows it to slip by radar until it is all too late.

Blackbird RVN-3L

This Mech is capable of vicious short ranged combat and target identification. ECM and BAP give the mech a deadly electronic warfare platform to operate on. Target Acquisition Gear allows it to identify a target before being spotted so the pilot can choose to fight or fly. 2 SSRM 2s can blow open holes in enemy armor and the 2 Medium Lasers can tear apart the internals of the Mech in a quick flash of green.

I hope these Mechs serve you well commander. I hope you can identify these devices so our enemies cannot retaliate against our operation.

Best of Luck,

Errikkan Krigaren

P.S: The devices are easily identifiable from a space view. They are almost the size of a drop ship but are largely inert (at least for now...)

Edited by DavidHurricane, 18 January 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#18 FERAL TIGER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Have some nice builds here!

Not sure about the Lucifer though. I don't have a lot of respect for SRMs at the moment, and less than 30 salvos typically means it will be out of ammo half-way through a long match.

Has anyone had success with a similar build?

#19 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

«BLACKBOX DATA 2111-RVN-BB-99»

«7172972-173257»

0:00»<DATA BEGINS>
0:01-1:32»<DATA CORRUPT>
1:34»Pilot appears to be in great distress. Mech recorded to be moving at maximum speed away from target location

1:40»Pilot says: "We need to get a broadcast out to someone! We won't be here much longer!"
1:41-2:00»<DATA CORRUPT>
2:01» Pilot appears to be listening to intercom.
2:02» Pilot appears to be entering data into computer
2:04» Pilot shown to be up-linking black box to main computer keyboard
2:16» Data temporarily enCOMMANDER. THEY HAVE A BOMB. IT IS NOT A NUCLEAR WEAPON. IT IS VERY POWERFUL AND EMITS A STRONG MAGNETIC FIELD TO CONTAIN IT'S PAYLOAD. THEY ARE AIRLIFTING ALL BUT ONE OF THE DEVICES BACK TO A JUMP SHIP.ds.
2:18-3:00» <DATA CORRUPT>
3:01» Pilot saying over intercom: "It's been an honor serving with you guys. I-"
3:05» White flash and significant energy output. All data afterwords significantly corrupt. Massive ambient heat and energy signature.
4:00»<DATA ENDS>

I will leave our plan of action to you commander. I and my physics team are on standby for orders.

Errikkan Krigaren

Sorry for no builds this time. I am still setting up the story (so sorry if it seems jumbled together)

If you happen to test one of these, please give feedback! While I've tried some of them I haven't tried all. And if they didn't work, let me know what you changed!

Edited by DavidHurricane, 20 January 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#20 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hold on hold on
Something is very wrong with your jager:? Reduce ammo to 50 and 1ml and put more armor
Atlas is walking explosion, use legs, arms and head for putting ammo

Just an advice :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users