40 replies to this topic

#1 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

FRR leadership was given a formal challenge by House Steiner late last night. Stay tuned for details... :)

(Mech and Chaos585, check your PMs on this forum if you haven't seen them already)

Sarsaparilla Kid

p.s. very frustrating that titles cannot have FRR all in caps...stupid censor!

Edited by Sarsaparilla Kid, 18 January 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#2 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Where is this Formal Challenge? I'd like to see the Details to see what's going on, or was it a PM to help exclude people?
I mean you didn't even include blue vengence?

Edited by fluffypinkbunny, 18 January 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#3 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Greetings,
It was I who sent the challenge via a PM to Martino and Sarsaparilla Kid, who then added Chaos to the list as designated coordinator for the FRR Hub. The challenge is for a Lance War, similar to the same event we successfully ran with Clan Wolf and friends on January 4. The 'Lance War' is an event that lasts 2 1/2 hours not counting set up and score tabulation/winner announcement. Via a shared Google Document, a scorekeeper from each faction would be present to accept scores from the lance leaders after every drop.

To qualify, a lance must drop a total of ten times in skirmish mode and after every match, the lance leader reports the Total Match Score for their lance to the scorekeepers who will be in a separate channel in teamspeak. As we are the challengers, we will leave he decision to which HUB teamspeak will host the tournament. This challenge is going out to all units affiliated with the FRR HUB and House Steiner will be respresented by registered players and lone wolves from the House Steiner Hub (both LCAF/FedCom regular units and affiliated mercenaries). There is no limit to the number of lances representing either side, which allows for both small units to provide teams, or the combining of players for multiple allied units to participate.

The exact scoring methods are up to the tournament organizers. Lance make up (weight limits and builds) has not been determined yet either, and rules will be posted in the House Steiner HUB forums and whichever forums your FRR HUB uses. 2 1/2 hours should be enough time for every lance involved to finish their ten matches regardless. The date has not been set, and we are waiting for word of challenge acceptance as of this writing.

Star Colonel Erich Peiper, Devil Dogs Galaxy, Wolfs Dragoons
LCAF HUB Outreach and Event Coordinator

#4 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, and obviously the SoR aren´t included as well! :)

Nee im Ernst mal.
Whats that formal challenge about? If you post this openly you really should give us some info on that. Or else we might think you got the same communication skills as PGI has.

Edit: Peiper was quicker than me. I brought shame to my kin.

Edited by Klappspaten, 18 January 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#5 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Merc here...let's see those juicy contracts!

#6 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Gladewolf Which "faction" does your merc unit affiliate with? The SoR is Primarily an FRR merc unit, which is why I feel we would enter/ be called to enter a challenge like this :) As far as FRR leadership, I would think the council at arms/ all thing (which hasn't been called into being for quite some time) is our "leadership".

All communication we have currently (thats public) happens here, while there are some various forums, (like the kungsarmy/allthing) they are rarely used for inner FRR communications... At least as far as I've seen. Maybe I'm just left out of the loop? Maybe there is leadership and they don't include us. It could all be true.

#7 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 18 January 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Gladewolf Which "faction" does your merc unit affiliate with? The SoR is Primarily an FRR merc unit, which is why I feel we would enter/ be called to enter a challenge like this :) As far as FRR leadership, I would think the council at arms/ all thing (which hasn't been called into being for quite some time) is our "leadership".

All communication we have currently (thats public) happens here, while there are some various forums, (like the kungsarmy/allthing) they are rarely used for inner FRR communications... At least as far as I've seen. Maybe I'm just left out of the loop? Maybe there is leadership and they don't include us. It could all be true.

I'm what they call a principled merc...meaning i'm not going to go stomping through a city randomly executing civilians. Other than that, I am willing to negotiate contracts. My unit is DWAR, but i'm not authorized to speak on what they will do.

#8 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Apologies for making some feel like they were left out...Peiper sent the challenge to those he knew in FRR that would then forward it to all unit leaders to dicuss and organize it. Chaos585 is the current FRR Hub Event Coordinator, but yes, all unit leaders should be in the loop as soon as possible. I started the post merely to make everyone aware of the challenge, not to say that any details have been worked out, or that all the units are in the loop yet, because they aren't. Should the Allthing be convened, or should the leaders of each unit decide if they will dedicate units to meet the challenge, similar to the FRR tournaments?

#9 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

No offence taken, at least on my part.
We should probably work something out, like a mail listfor all the units that are interested in contributing to the allthing.

#10 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

There is currently a FRR tournament going on, *scheduled*. Do we really have the manpower/interest in getting into ANOTHER? I am up for trying, I would also be up for an Allthing, but like I always say, good luck herding a bunch of drunken vikings and making them sit.

I talked with Peiper in the Hub some, and I am interested in trying to field a lance, since we don't really have to fight anybody specific, just take 10 matches and scores from it. I think it then pends on who you play with or the groups you get put with, but meh.

#11 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

There already is a http://kungsarme.enjin.com/forum
it could be used instead of setting something else up.

#12 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

It doesn't have to be right away...the upcoming tournament takes precedence, I'm sure, as it is likely that the Steiner Challenge would have to be similarly run on a weekend for most FRR pilots to be able to attend. Of more import is having the unit leaders get together to hash things out first, then those decisions can be coordinated between our hub and the Steiner hub by Chaos585 and Peiper.

#13 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 18 January 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

There already is a http://kungsarme.enjin.com/forum
it could be used instead of setting something else up.

I remember Surtr mentioning something about the owner of the site no longer being active. I wonder whether he managed to get him to pass it on. Alternatively the FRR Hub also has running forums, but I'm easy whichever way.

I got the message from Peiper about this and just forwarded him to chaos as I've delegated the event duties to him :) *brushes more work off his desk*

#14 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yeah I would be also interested in participating. But only after my tournament, I got way to much stuff going on at the moment to actually take time for this.

#15 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Let's get these chips off our shoulders.

Peiper came on the FRRHUB TS, Talked to people he knew were active with the FRR, they then came here and posted that so all the FRR people could see it.

They are not mutually exclusive, I would not mind seeing some event going on EVERY SINGLE DAY!

The call went out when FRRHUB went up for volunteers for FRR events coordinator, anyone and everyone interested in doing it was asked to come forward.
No police will kick in your door in the middle of the night and drag you off to a gulag if you don't want to participate in the event.... so chill out with all the posturing and face saving.

p.s. 2 and a half hours on one day doesn't seem to me to really interfere with anything, as long as that day doesn't conflict with another event. The same lance that practices for one tournament is in essence training for any and all tournaments, unless it has very weird rules.

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Still, I would really apreciate if this could get down somewhen after my tournament, Becuse I really want to participate in it.

#17 chaos585

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 100 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I have posted information in the Allthing so that we can convene on this as a faction to set a date/time. I would also like to make this after or at least not conflicting with the Viking Tournament.

#18 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Oh it's ON.

Granted I am not in a unit but I would like to stomp some Steiner!

#19 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

They haven't set a date, I am positive no one wants to have a date that conflicts.

#20 Cherewas Ondairn

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOutreach Maison Rouge

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

We welcome all kinds of challenges, especially if they come from snowy Tharkad. Steiner scout lances will be apt training material for our green pilots, shooting mid-jump at the left eye xD.

Seriously,

Aseveljet (Brothers in arms), a Finnish gaming community covering multiple titles, is always looking for new opportunities to meet friends and worthy enemies so we will definitely be participating in the upcoming events. As Klappspaten said, we have the Blue Vengeance FRR Viking tournament scheduled and it takes preference. Otherwise we are more than happy to meet you on the battlefield.

Strenght and honor!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users