Forum For Frr-Hub, Where?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

I know the the FRRHUB ts has a forum available, there is also this frr enjin site, but seems there is some doubt if their admin is still around.

If there are any other boards available for FRR groups besides PGI's. I am unaware of it.

So... let us all chime in and find a board we can all agree to use to help communicate among ourselves.

I am inclined to go with frrhub.tk as it is already our TS hub.

Please discuss,

Thank you,

#2 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I agree, if theres already a forum with the FRR Hub why shouldnt we use it.

#3 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

I like things that are being admin controlled :) so I'm creating a profile on the hub's forums

#4 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Not to confuse things, but there was also this.

http://kungsarme.enjin.com/

#5 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'd like to see Surtr's response, as he was trying to get ownership of the Enjin site transferred to himself, before we drunkenly decide on anything.

Yes, I'm looking at you fluffypinkbunny.

#6 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

hey I just pointed out the 3 different conversations that caused this one.

#7 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Just a note, if we end up using the forum on the FRR Hub then I'll most likely have to upgrade the server to a higher plan and therefore open up donations to cover the costs, as that would be more than I would be willing to pay for myself. Right now what we have is enough to run the TS3 server and a basic site, but I'm worried the forum may be too much.

#8 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

View Postmartino2k6, on 18 January 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I'd like to see Surtr's response, as he was trying to get ownership of the Enjin site transferred to himself, before we drunkenly decide on anything.

Due to some joyous personal matters, Surtr's attention will be extremely limited for the foreseeable future. If he managed to get a hold on the FRR Enjin, he never mentioned it to us, so the safe bet is that he didn't hear back about it. A quick glance at that site implies that it's being invaded by spammers, as well, so it's probably out of the running.

I guess it depends on what we need a separate forum for. If we're looking for another place where all FRR pilots can go to chit-chat, then upgrading the FRR Hub's website and asking for donations is probably the best, though still risky, option. (Though we already have these boards to come chit-chat on, and they're free, so that sounds unnecessary to me) If we just need a place where FRR unit leaders can coordinate with each other away from prying eyes, then I'd be willing to host a subforum for that on the 1st RDR Enjin, if folks were comfortable with that.

Edited by Malzel, 18 January 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#9 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

I have access to forum space, that isn't being used, and can handle the allthing, or a "frr" forum just fine. I will work on setting it up and have some more information Monday

#10 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

I never got a response from derk talon about the kungsarme enjin. I could bug him again however. Enjin has the benefit of being very user friendly from an admin standpoint and has a built in donation function that ties right into the subscription service. We could always make a new enjin site (free to start) for the hub just to cut down on the work for martino? I'm open to anything the majority decides however. Unity should be our primary goal at this point

#11 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostSurtr, on 19 January 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

I never got a response from derk talon about the kungsarme enjin. I could bug him again however. Enjin has the benefit of being very user friendly from an admin standpoint and has a built in donation function that ties right into the subscription service. We could always make a new enjin site (free to start) for the hub just to cut down on the work for martino? I'm open to anything the majority decides however. Unity should be our primary goal at this point

I say give it a second try before we decide on the next step.

#12 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Incase anything else falls through. I have setup a version of The Allting forums.

http://spc.menschel.net/f/index.php

I am the current admin, don't have to ask anybody else for permissions, and it's a place we can all go.

I have created rooms for all the units that have a room on the FRR hub, and also the main Allting council room

#13 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Fluffy...

I registered on that board, as soon as I sign in I lose all access to boards, posts.
If I sign out the index page will then show all boards and posts.
I then tried clicking on your post on that website to read it, it asked me to sign on there and then things worked...

Edited by Abivard, 19 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#14 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

I had that too, but it works now.

#15 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

I mentioned this to fluffy on TS, but I'll put it down here as I think it's something important that should be taken into consideration.

As nice as it may be to have everything under a single roof, this creates a big problem; a centralised point for failure. In case the forums were on the same server as the TS, and the server went down we would loose both. This could be potentially catastrophic, so I'm actually going to vote against using the FRR Hub forums. Whether we choose Enjin or what fluffy is working on, is up to the rest of the community ;)

#16 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Forum permissions fixed i believe, ;) Sorry about that, I was working as quickly as possible, and wanted to get something everybody could look at :P I checked my permissions and everything was fine.. DUH site admin can see everything at any time. (unless somebody really wants to hide something then I can remove my self from being able to view that thread).

So I checked other user permissions and was like oops.

even funnier, I removed my permission to respond to pm on the forums, (fixed that though)

Edited by fluffypinkbunny, 19 January 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#17 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

I am very willing to hear other options, and I want everybody to know, my feelings wont get hurt if we go a different way, I'll just remake the forums for a minecraft server or something ;)

#18 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

View Postmartino2k6, on 19 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

I mentioned this to fluffy on TS, but I'll put it down here as I think it's something important that should be taken into consideration.

As nice as it may be to have everything under a single roof, this creates a big problem; a centralised point for failure.

Martino, the same could be said for your TS3 FRR Hub channel. (which, btw, HAS crashed before; not that ours hasn't either, just saying)

Fluffy set up and is managing a channel. It's simple, it has everything we need to get started and stay organized, and it's free.

...why on earth do we need anything else, especially if it costs money?

Edited by Damon Howe, 21 January 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#19 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 21 January 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Martino, the same could be said for your TS3 FRR Hub channel. (which, btw, HAS crashed before; not that ours hasn't either, just saying)

Fluffy set up and is managing a channel. It's simple, it has everything we need to get started and stay organized, and it's free.

...why on earth do we need anything else, especially if it costs money?

I'm not sure I understand where you're going with this. You're suggesting the FRR Hub isn't needed or is too unreliable to be useful?

And by the way it is not mine. I may own the accounts, but neither are tied to me as a person. I can pass them on whenever I decide that I no longer wish to take part in it. As far as I'm concerned, the FRR Hub belongs to the FRR.

Edited by martino2k6, 21 January 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#20 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

*brings out her fire extinguisher* Martino. I am better at words then Howe, and am talking to him in TS as I type this. He misunderstood what you had said and he didn't mean to attack you in any way.

I believe he thought you were attacking my forums for putting eggs in one basket, when in actuality you were defending my forum, for the exact reason that the FRR hub's forums and TS are on the same network, and if one went down the other one did.

Everybody else understood what you meant. Howe is wrong, and is sorry. *he just doesn't know how to type it without sounding [redacted]*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users