Convince Me.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

So I've been on the fence about what faction to join for a while. On one hand, I love mechs like the Cataphract and Raven, which has firmly put me in Liao territory. However, the Orion is one of my favorite Mechs from TT. Besides that, my mechs are usually painted Grey, Black, and Purple, just because I like how they look. On the third hand, Marik sides with the WoBblies, and I really don't like *****. However, I do like shooting my own countrymen....

So convince me. Why should I go Marik over Liao?

#2 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostGrey Black, on 22 January 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

So I've been on the fence about what faction to join for a while. On one hand, I love mechs like the Cataphract and Raven, which has firmly put me in Liao territory. However, the Orion is one of my favorite Mechs from TT. Besides that, my mechs are usually painted Grey, Black, and Purple, just because I like how they look. On the third hand, Marik sides with the WoBblies, and I really don't like *****. However, I do like shooting my own countrymen....

So convince me. Why should I go Marik over Liao?

We wear purple. Teamwork is key in our books.

Have one of the largest navies (Lore-wise)

Also we have had commerce with the Capellens who make the Raven, so it is not uncommon for that mech to be seen in FWL lances. (Atleast from my knowledge. Also we aren't very strict on what we use OOCly/ICly)

Also we become the bulk of manufacturing during the invasion. (Again, this may be wrong, since my memory isn't perfect)

OOCly we have some really great people. Everyone has a sense of humor and tends to have a great time. Easy to work with and upbeat. Also we have a very large community. (Not saying the others don't, just I see a lot of people on the Enjin site a lot.)

Also we have some interesting "Knight" like sects to the House. Mainly due to Thomas Marik. So if you want a "Knight of the round table" feel, then you may be looking in the right place.

Edited by AaronWolf, 22 January 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#3 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Yes the Free worlds league Harboured the wobbies, Thomas Marik was a wobbie. However It would be what remained of the free worlds league that would ultimately seek out the wobbies and eradicate them with extreme prejudice, The Regulan Fiefs would nuke wobbies wherever they found them, Even the 1st circuit compound on earth would feel the wrath of Regualn warships; leveled in orbital bombardment. We're a diverse bunch in the free worlds league some knight types,some destroy all fight to the knife type guys :).

#4 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

If you like that the FWL is not a pure dictatorship and has a Parliament where the individual worlds and provinces have some power, join us.

if you like a realm that is as interesting inside the realm (politically and occasionally even militarily, eying the Zion rebellion, and the Andurien War of Succession back in the 3030s-3040) as it is in terms of its relationship with other powers, join us.

If you like a realm in which, picking a provincial bent (a faction within the faction) in many cases says something about what kind of player you are (and are proud to be), join us.

If you like a realm that isn't out to conquer everybody. It wants the worlds back that it has historically held, but isn't bent on domination, just preserving and bettering itself (even bettering the lives of its people over feeding a military machine with better toys). In other words a nation of people that tries to co-exist with its neighbors, only killing them when it has been slighted, threatened, attacked directly, or scammed, then join us.

If you like a realm that features the following cultural/ethnic groups quite prominently: Indian, Eastern Europe (Czech, Romanian, Hungarian, and so on), Mediterranean (Italian, Greek), cowboys (American southwestern culture) and a whole assortment of basically every other culture you can find on Terra represented somewhere, join us.

If you enjoy a diverse military, full of different regiments that have different backgrounds, traditions, ceremonies, rituals, paint schemes, fighting styles, and sometimes even differing loyalties to a province, world or even an individual rather than the FWL as a whole, join us.

If you like a realm that has a liberal import of mechs and hardware from all over the Inner Sphere (because its at peace and openly trading with most of the Great Houses at least some of the time in the current era), join us.

As for the wobbie thing. Yes the FWL is allies with the WoB during this era, before the Jihad, when to most of the Inner Sphere the WoB is nothing more than a chunk of the old ComStar that broke off, like the difference between sects in any given religion. But things quickly diverge after that point. During the Jihad the Marik Commonwealth province stays with the WoB for a long time but eventually kicks them out, Oriente fights back against them, as does large swaths of the former FWL. And Devlin Stone's Operation Scour aside, practically nobody beats up on the WoB like the Regulans do. The "Master", the real Thomas Marik, sees his last holdouts get wiped out by a former-FWL faction.

And finally, if you enjoy a faction that attracts fans just because they like that faction, not because they think its necessarily always the "good guys", or the most powerful, or bent on Inner Sphere domination, then join us.

And you know...if you don't want to join us, that's cool too. 'cause that's how we roll. :)

Edited by Julian Langsdorf III, 22 January 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

We have the best space bacon in the Inner Sphere.
That Clanner bacon is vat grown... ewwww.

#6 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

You Guys have intrigued me not that I would use purple as camouflage, I for one rather blend in with my surroundings remain invisible, However My favorite Battle Mech the only Mech that I seem fight at Best in is a Stalker Class Misery between Me and my Stalker Mech, this may sound strange we developed a sort of Bond and neutral understanding its as if we think on same wave length on the battle field. My Question to you What faction would I belong to if my favorite Mech is a Stalker Mech Misery Class Hero?.

Something for everyone to think about, you fight in a certain battle Mech i.e favorite Mech you develop a Bond as if you and your Battle mech become one in Battle you understand what you can do and what your limits are and what you want to achieve.

#7 Julian Langsdorf III

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Honestly you can find Stalkers in almost every Great House because its a very old design. It was heavily used by the Star League, and after that, they ended up in all the Great Houses where they were bought/sold/salvaged and ended up everwhere. Technical Readout: 3050 Updated says it is "perhaps the most numerous assault-class BattleMech still serving the armies of the Successor States."

But the FWL does make fairly heavy use of the Stalker. In this timeframe Stalkers are being produced by Irian BattleMechs Unlimited on the FWL world of Shiro III.

After the FWL apparently the Lyrans and Davions have the most Stalkers. According to TRO: 3050 updated.

So, personally, I suggest leaving your beloved mech out of the equation. Because it is so common you can justify having it in any army.

On the subject of "purple" (which I think is getting way more focus and attention than needed), let me point out that a grand total of 4 brigades in the FWL Military, the Free Worlds Legions, the Free Worlds Guards, the Marik Militia, and the Protectorate Guard, use purple in any way/shape or form in their parade paint schemes. All the rest use other color schemes with no purple.

Edited by Julian Langsdorf III, 22 January 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#8 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Richard Simmons is Marik

Posted Image

#9 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Good reason to join?

Other Houses are so jealous of our popularity that they see a need to come to our forums and nag.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 22 January 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#10 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 22 January 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Good reason to join?

Other Houses are so jealous of our popularity that they see a need to come to our forums and nag.

How dare you! Richard Simmons is no nag! He is a queen!

Edited by Hexenhammer, 23 January 2014 - 01:50 AM.

#11 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostDeath Storm, on 22 January 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

You Guys have intrigued me not that I would use purple as camouflage, I for one rather blend in with my surroundings remain invisible,

You will deeply regret this decision once the next map is released (Frozen Caustic City night McDonalds Strawbery milkshake)

#12 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostJulian Langsdorf III, on 22 January 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Honestly you can find Stalkers in almost every Great House because its a very old design. It was heavily used by the Star League, and after that, they ended up in all the Great Houses where they were bought/sold/salvaged and ended up everwhere. Technical Readout: 3050 Updated says it is "perhaps the most numerous assault-class BattleMech still serving the armies of the Successor States."

But the FWL does make fairly heavy use of the Stalker. In this timeframe Stalkers are being produced by Irian BattleMechs Unlimited on the FWL world of Shiro III.

After the FWL apparently the Lyrans and Davions have the most Stalkers. According to TRO: 3050 updated.

So, personally, I suggest leaving your beloved mech out of the equation. Because it is so common you can justify having it in any army.

View PostJulian Langsdorf III, on 22 January 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

On the subject of "purple" (which I think is getting way more focus and attention than needed), let me point out that a grand total of 4 brigades in the FWL Military, the Free Worlds Legions, the Free Worlds Guards, the Marik Militia, and the Protectorate Guard, use purple in any way/shape or form in their parade paint schemes. All the rest use other color schemes with no purple.

wearing purple colors only provides you becoming a bulls eye target quick way to getting killed

View PostRushin Roulette, on 23 January 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

You will deeply regret this decision once the next map is released (Frozen Caustic City night McDonalds Strawbery milkshake)

New Map ?

#13 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Fleemers are ok not a bad house

Edited by Texas Merc, 28 January 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#14 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 January 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

We have the best space bacon in the Inner Sphere.
That Clanner bacon is vat grown... ewwww.

Of course it is; that's where Clanners come from, so it goes without saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users