Rear Armor And You.

66 replies to this topic

#61 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Well, with the new LRM over-buff, who has a new opinion on rear armor?

#62 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

General rule of thumb that i use, is: 20% to 25% of avaliable armor goes on a rear arc.
The exeptions being mechs like Jager & etc,. then it's typicly only 10 on Rear Side Torsos and 12 on Rear CT

Also if you wish to maximize your "tank", take into acount structure HP when applying armor. For heavier mechs that can't evade enemy fire I sugest the following:
Structure = Max Armor amount / 2
Armor + Structure / 5 = How many AC5 hits do you wish to take to that location before it "falls off".
In general keep enough armor to take an AC 20 to the back side with out lossing a side torso.

#63 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Rear armor is overrated. Please ignore it and just keep putting everything on your front.

- Signed: A light pilot.

Edited by Bhelogan, 21 March 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#64 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

I usually go with the 3:1 rule for front:rear armor, and I'm primarily a medium pilot. Sometimes while playing fire support or harassment/peakaboo, I end up in a bad position and need to GTFO. Wild torso flailing while running for cover seems to be my strategy, and a bit of extra rear armor helps with that. Not to mention when that ECM Raven somehow manages to sneak in behind you...

#65 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Some of you guys are on clearly on drugs. 5/5/5 is fine. If you're letting someone shoot you in the back you've already failed.

#66 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

I run enough to take a hit. If I'm dumb to take another one. I deserve to die.

#67 Khan Pharaoh

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

Speaking as a Jenner pilot, if I see the back of a mech with a red triangle above his head, I'll unload everything I've got and see how long I can ride your behind until I need to run for cover.

Personally I like my armour on the back to be half of what's on the front, maybe taking it down to a 3rd on the bigger machines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users