Lifetime Account

20 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy such a Lifetime Account? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy such a Lifetime Account?

1. Yes, i would buy the suggested Lifetime Account (16 votes [37.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.21%

2. I would buy a Lifetime but with other extras, i will post what extras i want in my Lifetime Account (4 votes [9.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

3. No i wouldnt buy a Lifetime Account, i will post why. (23 votes [53.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hi Mechwarriors!

I play now for some time (around 6 Years) P2P and F2P Games.
My biggest problem with the P2P games was that i always waste money.
Letz say i buy a month (30days=720h) of playtime but just use around 60h of it (only if i play every day 2h) so i just use 8,3% of my spended money.
With a fee of 15$ i wasted 13,755$ (91.7%) even more if i dont play every day.
That is the reason why i jumped on the F2P Train. No matter if i play some times or always, i never waste money for prem.

I started playing Star Trek Online before they go F2P and hated to waste so much money every day.
So i bought a Lifetime Account. Sure, i needed over 2 Years to make the price worth but it comes with some extras.
Lifetime Badge, Lifetime only Race, all loyalty items instant (i think you need to stay 2 years with prem to get the last one without LT) and you get 500Zen(5$) every month.
I played STO for around 2,5 - 3 Years and stil get Zen also after stoping playing so if i decide to play again i can buy everything i want.

Why i tell you all that?
Because i would never buy Premium time for MWO just because i dont get 100% of what i buyed.

So my Suggestion is a Lifetime Account Option with some "Extras"
1. Premium for Lifetime (what else?)
2. a Liftime Medal for Mechcockpit (you get 50% C-Bill Bonus) also in Heromechs (Prem 50% + Hero 30% + LT Medal 50% = 130% C-Bill Bonus *hell yeaaa*)
3. monthly 900 mc (~5$)
4. a Lifetime only Mech
5. Lifetime Camo and Color for every Mech and upcoming mechs

It should cost around 300$ (~3 Years Prem. with the best Value of mc per $ and full 360 days prem buy) (STO Lifetime cost 299,18$ ~2 Years of golden membership *premium*)
Some would now say "hey why should i pay for 3 years in mwo if sto just want 2 years?" because MWO is cheaper with their Premium time price.

What you think? Post your thoughts and maybe additional ideas for the extras.

#2 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Voted no for the sole aspect of 'Lifetime Only' Mechs.

#3 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

I would suggest adding another answer to your poll. While I support the idea of a lifetime package, I cannot afford to spend that much now, and probably won't ever spend that much on MWO again (Yes, I did purchase a Clan Package). You may want to divide your "No" answer into something like, "No, but I support the idea," and "No, I don't support it but will post why." That way you can garner a few extra votes of support.

View PostDraykin, on 27 August 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

What's so objectionable over that? They'd basically be special Heroes like the Founder's Mechs.

#4 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

I have to say no, not because i'ts not a good idea, but i have to agree with Nightmare1.

Firstly. $300 USD, is nowhere near the pricetag they would slap on it by far. Very, very far, to the point $1,000 USD sounds more relatively feasible by PGI,

Since $100 USD Will only net you 25,000MC, and the combined worth of all the camo's alone, is around 20,000MC, not collors, just camo alone(I started to add them all up, but once it got to 18000 without finishing, you get the idea). 24,000 is already a year premium time, and the way the clan price's were made, not to mention the 500 dollar gold pack?

Secondly, even at $1000 USD, some people will buy it, and we will have drama worse than we did with the founder's packs and could very likely spell the end of MWO by making PGI even more alienated I know it's hard to imagine from it's player base since they will feel a level of entitlement of giant proportions. Just think of the problems it could potentially cause if people demanded refunds, forced refunds through their banks.

And then there is the "Special mech they would get" which would outrage a part of the player base, I for one would loose it if they got the CN9 - AH that was taken away, and made it inaccessible to me by a 1k price tag.

#5 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:23 AM

View PostDraykin, on 27 August 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Like Nightmare1 said. They are not better (p2w) they are like Founder, Phoenix or Invasions Mechs. Little different Visual + Xp bonus or something like that.

View PostNightmare1, on 27 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

I would suggest adding another answer to your poll. While I support the idea of a lifetime package, I cannot afford to spend that much now, and probably won't ever spend that much on MWO again (Yes, I did purchase a Clan Package). You may want to divide your "No" answer into something like, "No, but I support the idea," and "No, I don't support it but will post why." That way you can garner a few extra votes of support.

Sry this thread was created before the Forum change of the polls. Cant change the Polls now.

But "No i wouldnt buy a Lifetime Account, i will post why." should do it ^^

View PostCN9 ACE PILOT, on 27 August 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

I have to say no, not because i'ts not a good idea, but i have to agree with Nightmare1.

Firstly. $300 USD, is nowhere near the pricetag they would slap on it by far. Very, very far, to the point $1,000 USD sounds more relatively feasible by PGI,

Since $100 USD Will only net you 25,000MC, and the combined worth of all the camo's alone, is around 20,000MC, not collors, just camo alone(I started to add them all up, but once it got to 18000 without finishing, you get the idea). 24,000 is already a year premium time, and the way the clan price's were made, not to mention the 500 dollar gold pack?

Secondly, even at $1000 USD, some people will buy it, and we will have drama worse than we did with the founder's packs and could very likely spell the end of MWO by making PGI even more alienated I know it's hard to imagine from it's player base since they will feel a level of entitlement of giant proportions. Just think of the problems it could potentially cause if people demanded refunds, forced refunds through their banks.

And then there is the "Special mech they would get" which would outrage a part of the player base, I for one would loose it if they got the CN9 - AH that was taken away, and made it inaccessible to me by a 1k price tag.

1. We talk about a 300$ Lifetime here, no matter what pricetag they "would" slap on it. Sooo would you spend 300$ for lifetime?

2. "Special Mech" should be just a visual and/or bonus like Xp or C-Bill so nothing to complain here. (but yea some also complain about the 250$ Gold Camo *250$ Gold Camo + 250$ Masakari Pack = 500$ Gold Pack* )

Edited by Degalus, 31 August 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#6 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostDegalus, on 31 August 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

1. We talk about a 300$ Lifetime here, no matter what pricetag they "would" slap on it. Sooo would you spend 300$ for lifetime?

2. "Special Mech" should be just a visual and/or bonus like Xp or C-Bill so nothing to complain here. (but yea some also complain about the 250$ Gold Camo *250$ Gold Camo + 250$ Masakari Pack = 500$ Gold Pack* )

View PostDegalus, on 23 January 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

This is quite contradictory to what your closing statement was...No point on posting my thoughts then.

#7 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

I actually really like this idea. I'm not sure why people are Q_Qing over the idea of a lifetime player getting a special mech like any other hero mech.

For $1000 it better damn unlock every bit of content the game has and ever will have. Forget Cbills if I'm spending $1000

#8 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

$300 is fine for new users.

Cut the price by 2/4/6/8% for Founders, 2/4/6/8+4 for Phoenix+Sabre owners, 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16 for Invasion owners, and give it to Gold owners for free. They deserve it for their insanity (I am not one of them).

Edited by Kitane, 31 August 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#9 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostDegalus, on 23 January 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Hi Mechwarriors!

I play now for some time (around 6 Years) P2P and F2P Games.
My biggest problem with the P2P games was that i always waste money.
Letz say i buy a month (30days=720h) of playtime but just use around 60h of it (only if i play every day 2h) so i just use 8,3% of my spended money.
With a fee of 15$ i wasted 13,755$ (91.7%) even more if i dont play every day.
That is the reason why i jumped on the F2P Train. No matter if i play some times or always, i never waste money for prem.

I started playing Star Trek Online before they go F2P and hated to waste so much money every day.
So i bought a Lifetime Account. Sure, i needed over 2 Years to make the price worth but it comes with some extras.
Lifetime Badge, Lifetime only Race, all loyalty items instant (i think you need to stay 2 years with prem to get the last one without LT) and you get 500Zen(5$) every month.
I played STO for around 2,5 - 3 Years and stil get Zen also after stoping playing so if i decide to play again i can buy everything i want.

Why i tell you all that?
Because i would never buy Premium time for MWO just because i dont get 100% of what i buyed.

So my Suggestion is a Lifetime Account Option with some "Extras"
1. Premium for Lifetime (what else?)
2. a Liftime Medal for Mechcockpit (you get 50% C-Bill Bonus) also in Heromechs (Prem 50% + Hero 30% + LT Medal 50% = 130% C-Bill Bonus *hell yeaaa*)
3. monthly 900 mc (~5$)
4. a Lifetime only Mech
5. Lifetime Camo and Color for every Mech and upcoming mechs

It should cost around 300$ (~3 Years Prem. with the best Value of mc per $ and full 360 days prem buy) (STO Lifetime cost 299,18$ ~2 Years of golden membership *premium*)
Some would now say "hey why should i pay for 3 years in mwo if sto just want 2 years?" because MWO is cheaper with their Premium time price.

A lot would depend on the pricing.

#10 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:26 AM

No. Simply because I might get sick of this game in 6 months. But I've already been playing consistently for the better part of a year so......

Plus I don't mind getting a little ripped off by a company that makes their game with the option to play 100% for free. :)

#11 DLFReporter

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:33 AM

How would it be different to Premium Time?

#12 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

I like this idea, maybe offer a few levels of "Lifetime Membership" so you can have a few options. Maybe I only care about the premium time? Or maybe I want all of what you have to offer. Kind of like the packs they have done. Though I would like for it to be a little more reasonably priced, since you don't know how long the game will last, and you don't know what mechs and other things you would gain access to.

#13 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostCN9 ACE PILOT, on 31 August 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

This is quite contradictory to what your closing statement was...No point on posting my thoughts then.

OK sry my bad. ^^ Sure you can post your thoughts but would you buy it for 300$? ;)

View PostDLFReporter, on 01 September 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

How would it be different to Premium Time?

It would be permanent Premium time with some Bonuses like monthly MCs, some Bonus XP / C-Bill items for Cockpit, A Lifetime Mech, Lifetime Camo / Colors. Maybe also some upcomming Goodies for Lifetime users when they add some big Content?

View PostCorranHorn, on 01 September 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

I like this idea, maybe offer a few levels of "Lifetime Membership" so you can have a few options. Maybe I only care about the premium time? Or maybe I want all of what you have to offer. Kind of like the packs they have done. Though I would like for it to be a little more reasonably priced, since you don't know how long the game will last, and you don't know what mechs and other things you would gain access to.

"All you have to offer" is maybe a little too much i think. (would cost insanly much) But 500 MCs every Month for free, you could save it for Mechs or bays. So you get everything for free over time without playing.
I have a Star Trek Online Lifetime Account but havent played it over a Year. I could buy now every new Ship they have.

#14 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

Pretty sure I had spent 3x or more by now.

#15 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

i dont like the ftp model, i used to play EQ for years, buy the expansion for 50$(get all content) subscribe for a year for 100$ then they started selling you an unfinished expansion releasing parts gradually and i quit....

i dont want to bring up old stuff but, after they sold phoenix packs then announce they extended their liscense i still have a trust issue.

i also think they would have to change to something like multi pilots (4?) per account so your 1 pilot could be IS another maybe lonewolf and a Clan pilot...

#16 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:18 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 09 September 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Pretty sure I had spent 3x or more by now.

For sure Mr. Devoted ^^ But this isnt realy a new Mechpack. The Lifetime Mechs should only have a visual differnce+bonus XP/C-Bills and you get some little goodie items. What you realy buy is the Lifetime Prem time and that is not so expensive.

View PostGorantir, on 11 September 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

i dont like the ftp model, i used to play EQ for years, buy the expansion for 50$(get all content) subscribe for a year for 100$ then they started selling you an unfinished expansion releasing parts gradually and i quit....

i dont want to bring up old stuff but, after they sold phoenix packs then announce they extended their liscense i still have a trust issue.

i also think they would have to change to something like multi pilots (4?) per account so your 1 pilot could be IS another maybe lonewolf and a Clan pilot...

I mostly play only f2p game because i dont like to waste so much money if i cant play regulary in Onlinegames. (Currently i just use around 20h of 720h (only 2,7%) from a month prem time) I dont buy Premtime but i get it with my Mechpacks.
The Char thingy could also fixed with a feature like: Click on the Button Clan to get into the Clanscreen with only Clanmechs and Stuff. Click IS for IS Gameplay ... easy Solution.
Dont realy like charswitching in other games (takes unneeded amount of loadingtimes)

Edited by Degalus, 03 October 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#17 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

We could just up the price of premium time and make it drain in use, no? No need for $300+ just to grind your ass off a little less.

#18 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

I support the idea. However, I would not buy a Lifetime Account. I jump from one game to another to much. I don't play one game for much more then a year at a time. But, I do keep coming back to my favoites.

#19 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Add a "good idea but not for me" option so i can vote. Also no lifetime only mech

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 04 October 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#20 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:20 AM

all i want them to do is make it so premium time does not expire when your not logged in
its not hard
it does not cost them anything to produce and would encourage all the fence sitters to purchase
thus they cannot lose money on a product that is generated with out cost

it needs to be of more value to customers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users