11 replies to this topic

#1 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to MWO, but I've been playing the game series since the first one and have been trying to catch up on the books now that the digital versions are more easy to find.

I'm a mature player (not a teen that likes to scream and cuss on TS) and I have been trying to find the right unit for me. Unfortunately when I think I've found the right unit I run into a brick wall with certain rules; must spend real $ to purchase paint jobs, must be online so many times a week or on a time that conflicts with my schedule, etc.

I got the idea from the Hiring Hall to have a standardized format of my info for potential units who may want a mature player in their ranks.

Name: Grayson Sortek
Call sign: Ostego
Timezone: UTC -7:00
House/Faction: Davion
Play style: Long Range Tactical
Role type: LR Support and Assault, Lance Commander taking Company Command when needed.
Preferred Weight: Heavy & Assault (MWO) Medium & Heavy (MW4:M)
Preferred Chassis: Jaeger & Highlander (MWO) Hellhound & Madcat Mk I (MW4:M)
Experience (game):
  • Mechcommander 1 & 2,
  • MW 1, MW2, MW2 Mercs, MW3, MW4, MW4 Mercs,
  • Tons of RTS experience and "FPS" experience.
Experience (other):
  • Video editing skills,
  • Photoshop,
  • Running a 150 member guild in an MMO (I know how to be diplomatic and how to diffuse tension).
Other Information: Just finished grad school so now I actually have a little bit of free time (YAY!). However, I'm an archaeologist, so I may go missing when I'm in the field. Mature player looking for other fun and mature players who are not too strict about showing up to events (ie: raid or get lost).

#2 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Hey Grayson,

You sound like you will fit in perfectly with C4. We are very relaxed and casual off the battle field with no fixed requirements for training, practice times etc. We do run lances for pilots who want to play more competitively - but that is totally optional. We are mature (in age) though mostly immature in behaviour and fully support adult language and inappropriate humour :P

With many of our pilots being mature, your archaeology skills could come in very handy :(

Check out our website for more info and come do some drops with us - details for both are in my signature.

If you are looking for something more 'structured' i'm happy to suggest some other great Davion units for you.

Cheers and see you on the battlefield mate,
Trak

Edited by BigTrak, 25 January 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#3 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Big ya beat me to it.

#4 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hey thanks for the info!

I really like the history of the unit forum post, I haven't seen many units do that beyond the lore-history of their unit origins. I also like the idea of a casual atmosphere that still promotes teamwork and camaraderie. I think I'll fill out the application this evening =]

#5 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Drop in anytime hope to see you on sometime with us soon.

#6 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm fairly new to MWO
Welcome!

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 January 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#7 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the warm greetings and the interest!

I'm going to be giving C4 a try as a weekend warrior (Imagine Mad Max but only on the weekends).

I have to say that I'm very impressed with the amount of friendly units and people in this community, and I'm very happy I decided to give MWO a try =]

#8 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hello Grayson.

Join us in the Federated Suns.

http://www.fedsuns.com/

#9 mdmzero0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Congratulations on finishing grad school! I'm slogging through it myself, so I think I know your pain.

Hope to see you in battle sometime!

o7 from the MarineMechs.

#10 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

C4 is a good group of guys. If you are still going to make rounds and check out other units give us (1FSAC) a shot as well. We are typically on federated suns team speak server and also on House Davion server on Friday evenings. Website is in the signature.

#11 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi Grayson,
I welcome you to try out the Davion Royal House Guards, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Here is a link to the website: http://davionroyals.enjin.com/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

#12 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

If C4 doesn't work out for you check out the HHoD (www.HHoD.com), Though we use a Unit Structure, we're actually a laid back bunch and have alot of fun, if C4 does work out for you we'll see you out on the battlefield.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users