16 replies to this topic

#1 Honsau

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

I am basing this guide on TRO 3050 and the TT values. I know they are going to vary from that on release but this is a base line for evaluation. The historical data is from Sarna.net.

Kit Fox (Uller) First produced by Clan Cloud Cobra this is a favorite light of the Jade Falcons.
  • Overview: The Kit Fox is a little slow for 30 tons at only 97 kph. It armor is also fairly light. On the positive side. It has a large and varied weapons load comparable to a 50 or 55 ton medium. It does not mount JJ. It also has a thin body that might help it dodge some damage but the center mounted cockpit might draw some fire.
  • Prime: The Prime variant has a ER large and LBX5 AC for main weapons These are backed up by a SRM 4 streak and a small pulse laser. This variant should do well in the meta. It should handle like a light Shadow Hawk.
  • A: The a variant is going to be an effective sniper. it is packing a Gauss rifle backed up by 2 ER medium lasers. It should play a lot like a Hunchback.
  • B: The B variant is a lot like the A. An Ultra AC 10, backed up by an ER medium, small and a SRM 6. Should be similar to a Gridiron Hunchback.
  • C: The c is going to have a hard time if they pick this variant and I don't think they will. in the good side it has ECM, TAG, BAP, and 3 AMS, On the down side it's only weapons are an ER large laser, a small pulse, and 2 mg. I don't think they will introduce a Clan Mech with ECM and if they do, it is going to get eaten in the meta.
  • D: The D variant. Is a light LRM boat. a 5, 2 15s and a NARC. Yawn.

Adder (Puma) First produced by Clan Star Adder for the invasion of the Inner Sphere. It was designed to Mimic the capabilities of IS Mechs. It is common with all of the Clans but used more frequently by Clan Wolf
  • Overview: The adder is a well armored but slower 35 ton light Mech. It's max speed is 97 kph but it does carry near maximum armor with the same 16 tons of space as the Kit Fox. It also mounts a flamer in all variants that will be useless in the current meta. It does not mount JJ. It's body shape is kind of blocky and has a forward mounted cockpit. Hit boxes might be a problem with the Adder. Heat is also an issue with most of the variants.
  • Prime: The Prime variant mounts 2 ER PPCs. This is going to be a hot sniper.
  • A: The a variant is another light LRM boat. 2 LRM 20s backed up by 2 small pulse lasers. A mini Catapult.
  • B: The B is set up as a good trooper Mech. A LBX 5 and a large pulse laser are backed up by 2 ER mediums.
  • C: The C variant is a little change on the A variant. It has 2 LRM 15s, with a NARC and a medium pulse laser. I would guess that either the A either C is going to make the cut I would prefer the A.
  • D: The D variant is also very similar to the B variant. It has an ER large laser, an Ultra AC 5, and 2 SRM 2 streaks. Again I would expect only the B or the D. to make the cut.

Nova (Black Hawk) The Nova was one of the first Omni Mechs. First fielded by Clan Hells horses it is now out of production. It is seen still with all of the Clans.
  • Overview: It isn't really fast for a 50 ton medium at 86kph but it does have JJ. It also has nearly max armor. It's available space is a little low at 16 tons but is has 14 clan double heat sinks standard. The Nova has a good profile but again the front mounted cockpit might be an issue. It also suffers from a couple of weak variants.
  • Prime: The Prime variant mounts a whopping 12 ER medium lasers. it also has extra double heat sinks. This thing makes the Hunchback 4p look like a little kids toy. the only issue here will be ghost heat nerfing it into uselessness.
  • A: The A variant has 2 ER PPCs, 2 AMS and a medium pulse laser. unlike the Adder prime, it has the heat sinks to use them.
  • B: The B variant has a Large pulse laser, Ultra AC 5, ER small, and 2MG. Not a bad plinker but not really strong.
  • C: The C is also a little under whelming. the Gauss rifle is a good start. The only pack ups are a SRM 4 and a small pulse laser though.
  • D: The D variant mounts a LBX AC5 and a LRM 20. I expect the Prime and A variant to make the game and then one of the other 3 weak variants. Maybe the B.

Stormcrow (Ryoken) Designed by Clan Hells Horses. The Stormcrow is used heavily by Clan Smoke Jaguar. It is also used by the Ghost Bears. It is a well armored and mobile medium
  • Overview: Fast for a medium at 97 kph, the Stormcrow also has near max armor. It does not have JJ but it's 23 tons of space will make this 55 ton Mech effective against most heavies. It also has a fairly thin profile.
  • Prime: The Prime variant is a laser boat with lots of extra heat sinks. Two ER large lasers are backed up by 3 ER mediums. Very similar to the Jester.
  • A: The A variant has a good weapon mix. 4 Medium pulse lasers, 2 SRM 6 streaks, and a LRM 20. Similar to some Catapult builds
  • B: The B variant is a scary in fighter. 6 ER mediums are backed up by the massive Ultra AC 20. Ammo is a little light but this will be scary. The Hunchbacks mean cousin.
  • C: The C is a little different B. It has a Large pulse laser, LBX AC 10 and2 medium pulse lasers. I would rather see the A in the game than the B.
  • D: The D is a missile boat. 2 LRM 20s, 2 SRM 2, and a NARC. The A is really better. Again yawn.

Summoner (Thor) A favorite of Clan Jade Falcon. The Summoner is a mobile Heavy built around direct fire weapons
  • Overview: he Summoner is Agile for a70 ton Mech at 86 kph and having JJ. It is only moderately armored and has a light load at 22 tons. Used well it will be effective. It will be a good sniper but it's light armor and load will make it a poor brawler. It's heat dissipation is good on most variants. It does have the advantage of having a high lanky frame. As long as they don't make it too tall.
  • Prime: The Prime variant has an ER PPC, a LBX AC10, and a LRM 15. A good blend of weapons that should work well in the current meta.
  • The A variant is only a little different that the prime. I am not sure it will make the cut. I mounts a gauss rifle, backed up by a SRM 6 and a Large pulse laser. Same lay out as the Prime but not quite as effective.
  • B: The B is a missile boat. 2 LRM 20s, 2 SRM 4s, a NARC and a AMS. Kind of like a Catapult
  • C: The is also a lot like the Prime and A. It has an ER large laser, ER small laser, SRM 6 Streak, and the monster Ultra AC20. The Prime A and C could all be built off of 1 variant really.
  • D: The D is a laser sniper. 2 ER large lasers backed up by 2 ER mediums. An AMS and MG are thrown in for good measure, There are also extra heat sinks. Similar to the Jester.

Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) Designed and only produced by Clan Wolf This was the first Omni Mech seen by Inner Sphere forces. Mobile and well armored, it also has a good weapons load.
  • Overview: The Timber Wolf is the iconic Omni Mech mobile for heavy at 86 kph and with max armor. It does not have JJ It's has a good weapons load with 28 tons of space. It also has 15 double heat sinks standard. On the down side it's body type might lead to hit box issues. It's missile launchers are on the side torsos and are big targets. I may have some of the same hit box issues as the Catapult.
  • Prime: The Prime variant has a good weapon mix. 2 ER large lasers over 2 ER medium lasers in the arms. 2 LRM 20 launchers. These are backed up by 2 MG and a medium pulse laser. Ammo load is light but there is something for every range. There are also enough heat sinks to use it.
  • A: The A variant has2 ER PPCs 3 medium pulse lasers and a SRM 6 streak. more of a preference over the Prime. This one might not make the cut.
  • B: The B variant has a little more asymmetric mix that the Prime. The B has a Large and a small pulse laser. It also packs a gauss rifle, LRM 10, SRM 4, And a ER small laser. The launchers have artemis.
  • C: The C variant is a mix of the Prime and the B variant. The C has 2 ER large lasers on the same arm. The other arm has a Ultra AC 5. These are backed up by 2 LRM 15s, an ER small, and an AMS. this will do well in the meta.
  • D: The D most likely won't be in the game, It has 2 ER PPCs, with 4 SRM 6 streaks. 2 of those are rear facing. They would have to move these to the front and I still doubt this one will make the cut.

Warhawk (Masakari) Designed by Clan Smoke Jaguar this 85 ton Omni was design specific for the invasion of the Inner Sphere. Mobile for an assault and well armored it is build around direct fire weapons.
  • Overview: The 85 ton Warhawk is a snipers dream in most variations. It has good speed for an assault at 65 kph but no JJ. It's armor is near max and it has a huge 20 double heat sinks. Hit boxes may be an issue since it is pretty blocky and has a front mounted cockpit.
  • Prime: the Prime variant has 4 ER PPCs backed up by a LRM 10. Ghost heat my make this useless but on paper it is a killer.
  • A: The a variant tries to introduce a little variety. 2 ER large lasers and a LXB AC 10 are backed up by a LRM 15 and a SRM 6 Streak.
  • B: The B configuration is a little odd and I don't think the meta will be to friendly to it. It has a gauss rifle, 3 ER medium lases, 2 SRM 6 and a NARC. You figure it's role out.
  • C: The C variant I similar to the Prime and to some Jester builds. 2 ER PPCs 2 Large pulse lasers, and a flamer just for laughs. I doubt this one makes the cut.

Dire Wolf (Daishi) Designed by Clan Wolf to be the Ultimate Assault Omni Mech. It is also produced by Clan Smoke Jaguar. Slow but well armored and with a massive payload. At 100 tons it may be the Ultimate Omni Mech.
  • Overview: It is slow at only 54 kph and no JJ, but it has maximum armor and a huge 50 ton weapon load. The Timber Wolf has the muscle to flatten anything that gets in it's way. It also has 15 double heat sinks standard. Most ofit's builds are perfect for the current meta. 1 down side is it's blocky shape may lead to hit box issues.
  • Prime: The Prime variant is perfect for the current meta. 4 ER Large lasers and 2 Ultra AC5s. these are backed up by 4 medium pulse lasers and a LRM 10. Extra heat sinks are also included. Power at all ranges and cooler weapons to switch off to. This is a monster.
  • A: The A variant has less variety and more focus. 3 Large pulse lasers are backed up by a gauss rifle and 2 SRM 6 Streaks. Good close in. With a long range weapon. Extra heat sinks and an AMS included.
  • B: The B variant also seems to be build to his meta. 2 ER PPCs and a LBX AC 10 are backed up by 4 Ultra AC2s, 2 medium pulse lasers, and an E small. the ammo load is a little light but this thing could shake you apart before you ever got close.

Sorry about the wall of text but I hope this gives you a feel for the Clan Mechs at least in their TT versions.

#2 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, on paper the Clan mechs look awesome. We'll have to wait and see how they actually turn out. I think I'm going to like most of them, especially the Warhawk and Dire Wolf.

According to Sarna, there is one Dire Wolf variant with jump jets and another variant with ECM. I hope, hope, hope PGI includes those variants. There will be much whining regardless, so they may as well go for broke.

#3 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostNRP, on 26 January 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Yeah, on paper the Clan mechs look awesome. We'll have to wait and see how they actually turn out. I think I'm going to like most of them, especially the Warhawk and Dire Wolf.

According to Sarna, there is one Dire Wolf variant with jump jets and another variant with ECM. I hope, hope, hope PGI includes those variants. There will be much whining regardless, so they may as well go for broke.

I'm afraid the C. Config with ECM is about 10 years post invasion, so that one won't be included. As for the S. Config with JJ, I don't know what the official year it appears is, but it really depends on whether they can think of anything to do with the Anti-Personnel Pods.

Given that we're only getting 3 variants, I would expect we'll get the Prime, A and B as suggested by the OP.

#4 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

The storm crow B looks like it could be king of the mediums(no jj would be what holds it back). It will be interesting to see how all the low arm mounted weapons work out, it seems to me that most of their direct firepower is coming from hip level.

#5 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostRavensScar, on 26 January 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'm afraid the C. Config with ECM is about 10 years post invasion, so that one won't be included. As for the S. Config with JJ, I don't know what the official year it appears is, but it really depends on whether they can think of anything to do with the Anti-Personnel Pods.

Given that we're only getting 3 variants, I would expect we'll get the Prime, A and B as suggested by the OP.

The Dire Wolf S debuts in 3050:
http://www.masteruni...shi-dire-wolf-s

#6 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the breakdown! I really appreciate it given that I am taking a good hard look at purchasing some of the mentioned machines.

Thanks again.

#7 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Interesting info. Would like to know more before I buy though, as we're taking a lot on faith.

#8 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostHonsau, on 25 January 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

D: The D most likely won't be in the game, It has 2 ER PPCs, with 4 SRM 6 streaks. 2 of those are rear facing. They would have to move these to the front and I still doubt this one will make the cut.

In regards to this point, well there isn't one.

A number of the mechs we have in game now actually are suppose to have rear firing weapons, for example I believe 1, if not all, the Dragon variants have rear firing weapons in tabletop, they were simply converted to forward firing.

#9 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 30 January 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

[/size]

In regards to this point, well there isn't one.

A number of the mechs we have in game now actually are suppose to have rear firing weapons, for example I believe 1, if not all, the Dragon variants have rear firing weapons in tabletop, they were simply converted to forward firing.

The Altas and the Quickdraw are also notable examples. If memory serves, the rear-firing weapons are the only difference between the 4G and 4H in TT.

#10 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

At least 1 variant of the Kit fox should get ECM It was the clan ( raven ) pretty much. Scouting mech. 1 should come with ECM, 1 with the clan active probe ( Streak variant), If not then at least the Dasher should get it if and when it arrives in the game.

#11 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Thank you tons for the breakdown, though I want to say one thing: http://imgur.com/h1C6WaQ This pic helped me take a look within the Clan mechs. Maybe PGI can release more than 3 variants just that only 3 are gonna be within the Clan Pack?

#12 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Sorry for the dibshid :wacko: ;) question but if I buy the "Thor" collection do all the Prime Variants (Kit Fox, Nova and Sumner meaning all three PVs) get 30% more cBills or is it only the Summer Prime Variant( one PV) that gets 30%ex CB?

#13 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostFEK315, on 19 March 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Sorry for the dibshid :wacko: ;) question but if I buy the "Thor" collection do all the Prime Variants (Kit Fox, Nova and Sumner meaning all three PVs) get 30% more cBills or is it only the Summer Prime Variant( one PV) that gets 30%ex CB?

I would assume it works like the Phoenix pack did, thus: all of them.

#14 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

View PostFEK315, on 19 March 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

Sorry for the dibshid :( :D question but if I buy the "Thor" collection do all the Prime Variants (Kit Fox, Nova and Sumner meaning all three PVs) get 30% more cBills or is it only the Summer Prime Variant( one PV) that gets 30%ex CB?

Yeah it will be all Prime variant. ;)

So basicly, a lot of "premium" mech.

Farming money in a MadCat/Thor/Daishi. Could you dream about a better mech for that? :wacko:

Now where's my Mad Dog?

#15 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostSaltBeef, on 06 February 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

At least 1 variant of the Kit fox should get ECM It was the clan ( raven ) pretty much. Scouting mech. 1 should come with ECM, 1 with the clan active probe ( Streak variant), If not then at least the Dasher should get it if and when it arrives in the game.

The Uller a scout mech? not a by a long shot lol it's a slow light mech meant for long range sniping with a streak and a SPL to keep other lights at bay.
The C config is an elettronic warfare variant not meant for fighing so we likely won't see that (it's also supposed to have anti infantry pods that have no place here)
If you want a scout omnimech you'll have to wait for the Fire Moth.

BTW nice breakdown of the mechs, should keep in mind that you can change the weapons though

#16 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

are you saying they are going to make the FireMoth?

#17 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Kinda surprised they didn't put the Fenris/Ice Ferret in. 45 tons, runs at 129 kph, has pretty much max armor, and the only downside is low loadout weight at 9.5 tons. Would have been a really quick sniper in its primary with a ERPPC. Oh well, I'm also still waiting for the Enforcer, Javelin, and Panther for the IS. PGI just doesn't like the same mechs as me ;).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users