Bring Back The Cn9-Ah!

320 replies to this topic

#41 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

This post, and all its wonderfully misunderstood sarcasm, is dedicated* to my friend Legioxx. He's a CN9 pilot and quite effective in it, and he convinced me to buy one. So I did. I bought a CN9 and played it whenever I thought hey I would really like to fly my Hunchie right about now. And now it's gone. I sold it for scrap. I hated that mech. The weapons have been kept as a trophy. God I hated that mech.

So with that in mind, I say keep it, and all CN9 variants, out of the game. Because, in his words, I hate happiness. That is all.

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostKrujiente, on 26 January 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

As much as I like Centurion (I have mastered them all except the D, because I couldn't justify the cbill purchase when I can work on elited my much neglected Orions for that many cbills) I really want DIFFFERENT 50 or 45 ton mechs (Poor blackjack is all alone and I want my Crab seriously). All the mechs from 45-50 besides the D variant of Cents has a stock speed of 64.8 which means speed upgrades are very limited, with the bigger stock engine mediums it would be great to add some versatility to that weight rating. But onto the issue of the AH: was their stated reason for getting rid of the AH that it had no energy hard points or something? I wasn't here for that but something that has no~ option for energy hard-points seems to be well, nonexistent. I am not really sure how the hell I would stuff an AC20 in a Cent along with some missles they're only 50 tonners and without energy hardpoints for backup weapons skimping on ammo is not an option. Losing center torso hardpoints reduce zombie potential as well, unless they put the missles in the center torso then SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY PGI, I WILL BUY 3 OF THOSE.

Edit: Oh hey we have the Trebuchet, I always thought it was a 55 tonner because its HUGE. Time to elite another mech.

I get that desire my crunchy friend, but here is the deal....... they already have the AH, they have all the art assets, etc. They don't have to recreate ANYTHING or create anything new. This would take about as much time to do as setting up their weekend sales, probably less. And it would hugely impact goodwill from a significant portion of the player base while in no way impacting other releases.

It's as close to a pure WIN/WIN as PGI could ask for. Yet they don't seem to get it.

#43 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostVoidsinger, on 27 January 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

3 Ballistic in the Right Arm, 2 Missile in the Left Torso. AMS Right Torso.

Minor erection achieved.

#44 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Is this thread still a thing?

Awesome.

#45 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Might as well bring it back. Anyone who hasnt bought a wang by now probably isnt going to buy one ever.

#46 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostKhobai, on 01 February 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Might as well bring it back. Anyone who hasnt bought a wang by now probably isnt going to buy one ever.

It isn't just a case of "might as well".

The Centurion AH was unique. The Wang itself has been overtaken in terms of raw firepower by the Champion Blackjack configuration.

That's the point. Here is PGI making up mechs to be hero mechs, and moving hardpoints around. Yet, a mech variant that was in every version of the Battletech TROs covering the initial Centurion, was playtested extensively during MWO Closed Beta, has a unique hardpoint setup that isn't OP, and was popular remains removed.

One might ask why they included 5 variants of the Hunchback, Stalker and Awesome? Duplication is commonplace. Time to correct an injustice PGI/IGP, and show you actually care what the community thinks. Reverse a past injustice.

Bring back the AH!

#47 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

In case anyone was wondering, I did not receive a response to my twitter inquiry...

#freeCN9-AH

#48 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

I love the centurion. I have all 4 mastered. I'd love a 5th to master.

the 9 AH is perfect as is, no tweaking needed pgi. Give us this mech and we'll play it, promise!.

The removal of the 9AH to better distinguish the YLW has always rubbed me the wrong way. The YLW2 should have been the hero variant since melee isn't yet ready in the case of the YLW.

Add the YLW2 as a second hero mech in march (just do 2 I bet it helps sales, not hurts them) and include the 9ah as a prelude to the clans. call it your inner sphere mech completion initiative. To get as many IS mechs as possible to the field before the clans hit.

Make smart choices!

#49 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

I log in after months of inactivity to say #freeCN9-AH

#50 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Never forget #freeCN9-AH

#51 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

If the fans ask for it every month, maybe we'll get it.

Literally they would just have to flip a switch in the files to make it available.

#52 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 05 February 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

If the fans ask for it every month, maybe we'll get it.

Literally they would just have to flip a switch in the files to make it available.

Not necessarily.

What continually keeping threads like this going does is to keep the issue in people's minds. So either we keep asking until they re-introduce the AH, they reply officially, or the mods get instruction to kill the thread.

This is why we keep it civil, we make no demands. We should be as polite as possible, and try not to get too far off on tangents. This is a request.

No matter the outcome, make this thread one we can be proud of.

#freeCN9-AH

#53 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

+10

This was one of PGI's first missteps in my opinion. It was ridiculous that those of us that had the variant just logged in one day to find it was gone. This is one of the few times it would be "easy" to implement. They have all of the files needed for the mech as it was previously in-game. This should be done

#54 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostSandpit, on 05 February 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

+10

This was one of PGI's first missteps in my opinion. It was ridiculous that those of us that had the variant just logged in one day to find it was gone. This is one of the few times it would be "easy" to implement. They have all of the files needed for the mech as it was previously in-game. This should be done

Come on PGI! Even Sandpit agrees with this thread. How many honorary Post-Lerian Jyhadists have to support this before it happens? Someone get Roadbeer in here too. B)

Okay, funny words aside, this post is just a friendly bump. :)

#55 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

I blasted PGI when they did it. I STILL hate that they removed it and was just a bone head move. I literally logged in and didn't have my mech anymore one day

#56 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostSandpit, on 06 February 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

I blasted PGI when they did it. I STILL hate that they removed it and was just a bone head move. I literally logged in and didn't have my mech anymore one day

Umm....no. They did it right at the very start of Open Beta (The last reset). Which was why unless you had the YLW, you had to wait for the release of the CN-9D to get beyond the Basics.

It was a bad move, the reasons didn't add up, and it created a wound that will continue to fester. As I said, it is only pride that prevents the re-introduction of the AH.

#57 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

they should bring it back with only the ac/20 arm and some missile ports, no energy weapons. then it'd be different from the Wang and still be ac/20 available to cbill buyers.

#58 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 06 February 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

they should bring it back with only the ac/20 arm and some missile ports, no energy weapons. then it'd be different from the Wang and still be ac/20 available to cbill buyers.

Not sure if you remember, but it did only have the triple ballistic AC/20 arm, and 2 missile slots (comes with an AC/20 and an LRM10). Never had energy weapons. It is one of the reasons people weren't happy. It's a very different mech to the YLW, playing very differently.

#59 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 06 February 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Not sure if you remember, but it did only have the triple ballistic AC/20 arm, and 2 missile slots (comes with an AC/20 and an LRM10). Never had energy weapons. It is one of the reasons people weren't happy. It's a very different mech to the YLW, playing very differently.

ahh you remember better than me ;)

#60 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I tweeted yet again, will update if/when response...

#freeCN9-AH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users