Ui 2.0 Known Issues - Please Read Before Posting!

277 replies to this topic

#1 Destined

Former CSR

• Staff
  • 760 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Welcome to UI2.0! We have some known issues for you to look at before making your threads, which we hope to have fixed soon. Please also note the following information from the Patch Notes:

Spoiler

Also, here is a quick FYI video to help you get started in the new UI!
  • First - We have a log in issue that can affect a low percentage of users. If you are hit with this issue please be patient as you can restart the client and attempt another log in do this until you succeed. Skipping the video intros with the ESC key also seems to lower the chance.
  • Second We have an issue with consumables that are used during a match not being unequipped, yet they are not valid for the next match. You can avoid this bug by not leaving matches early or equipping modules for the time being.
  • Third – Activate BANKED premium time currently doesn’t work– so if you have banked time and you were going to activate it today you’re going to have to wait for the HOT FIX!
  • Fourth - we have an issue with Camo Spec not showing up correctly . This is fairly minor so just leave the screen and return and it should be fine.
  • Rarely, a crash occurs upon clicking buttons in Front End
  • Sometimes, saving Mech loadout with many changes causes an error and changes are undone
  • A short delay occurs when going to Skills tab, rarely causing users to crash
  • Mouse cursor remains on screen if the client has been minimized on a dual monitor set up
  • Mouse cursor is not restricted to the game window on dual monitor set up when in full screen
  • Items on sale are missing Sale banners in Mechlab
  • Mech details are not present in the Store; please refer to Mechlab for mech details
  • Certain UI elements will be cut off or overlapping at lower resolutions
  • 1600*1200 resolution in window or windowed mode may cause text distortions
  • No notification is received about getting kicked out of a group if the social window is closed
  • Users without joysticks will be unable to cancel binding a key to joystick controls
  • Connecting spinner appears behind error messages
  • General XP total does not always immediately update when spending GXP. Switching tabs will correct this.
  • Cart Total appears before any changes are made
  • Occasionally, Client gets stuck on black screen when closing
  • “Insufficient XP” overlaps detailed module descriptions
  • Very rapidly clicking between the tabs of the top menu may cause some tabs to become unresponsive
  • Confirmation prompt to quit or exit game remains on screen when dismissing the Pause menu via the ESC key
  • Often, a user’s online status does not update properly after finishing/quitting a match in the Social system
  • First message sent to a player cannot be received if the recipient’s social tab is closed
  • Rarely, users may get stuck when saving or purchasing
  • Cheerleader cockpit item does not have an image when unequipped
  • Attempting to launch without saving changes will not visually revert those changes
  • BAP is not listed in equipment section when equipped
  • Rarely, user’s screen may be blocked by Connectivity spinner when launching in testing grounds
  • The price of the equipped upgrade displays if the non-equipped upgrade is selected
  • Owned cockpit items in cockpit that are no longer on sale still display the purchase price
  • Long cockpit item names are cut off
  • Cannot select the previously selected color category after switching color channel
  • Message indicating the amount of external Heat Sinks required to run any engine smaller than 250 is missing

#2 Jabilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

For the love of god please introduce a filter for mechs with modules equipped.

It seems you have removed the ability to have four "ready upped" mechs which was the only way I could manage where my modules were (I have over 40 variants).

Edit: I will add bugs / feedback items as I experience them.
  • The beeping. Please remove the beeping or provide an option in settings to remove the beeping. I do not want to be too negative, but this was bought up multiple times in at least two of the test client feedback threads.

-
  • Please allow rotating of the selected mech when in the main front screen (home screen). This is the point where the mech appears largest and is the ideal place to admire camo options. I actually love being able to see the mech this large, so kudos for that.

-
  • Filters. Trial mechs and champion mechs are showing on the top line after I set the filter to "owned mechs". Unbelievably annoying.

-
  • When hovering the mouse over a mech in mechlab, there is a delay before mech stats appear. Incredibly annoying when you want to compare variant quirks quickly. Please remove delay or better yet allow delay to be customised in settings (with zero delay an option).

-
  • When configuring a mech there does not seems to be a button to actually apply changes. Am I supposed to press "check out" to do this? If so this is unintuitive.

-
  • I have no doubt this has been pointed out a million times but in the "select mech" screen you can not see the load outs of the mechs without clicking configure mech for every mech one at a time "AAAAARRRRGH".
  • MORE filters. You need to be able to filter by engine equipped, last dropped in, modules equipped etc. Managing a lot of mechs is still too difficult, it actually feels like punishment.

-
  • When configuring modules you need to be able to sort or filter by AVAILABLE modules (i.e. modules owned and currently not equipped on other mechs).

-
  • In the mech load out screen, why does my monitor have two thirds of the space taken up by hundreds of huge identical engine icons. The mech and loadout is relegated to a tiny area on the right and my C Bill and "cart" status reside in Lilliputian insignificance in the bottom left.

-
  • Mech configuration is generally painful. Clicking between screens endlessly, unable to see a mech overview and having to manually switch between sections to accomplish basic tasks such as adjusting armour. In terms of usability it is a huge step backwards.
  • I would like to praise how beautiful the mechs look. Credit where it is due this is great.
  • I also like the way alt tabing takes you to a full screen window so you can browse etc. with the game maximised behind your other windows. Clicking on the game takes you back to full screen mode seamlessly. This is actually a great way to do it, so please do not change this.
I look forward to improvements over the coming weeks. Please let this be the first step on a long journey of UI improvement, because right now you have a long way to go.

My concern is that almost all the above points were made multiple times in the test server feedback threads and not implemented.

I am actually really pleased to see UI 2.0 and would like to say thanks for your hard work. If I did not care about the game I would not bother to make such a long post.

Good luck and don't let me down.

Edited by Jabilo, 04 February 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#3 Blazing Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

So wait, why do mechs in the store when you hover over them don't give their stats? If I'm going to buy a mech, I wanna look at it's stats BEFORE buying it and not have to track back to the mech bay back and forth to make sure I got the right details.

#4 DepressedNurse

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

I like how the patched version automatially resets your resolution to 1920x1200 when it previously was 1920x1080 so that options and logout menus are outside the draw area of your screen so that you can't even change the resolution without tweaking the ini file by hand.

#5 John Archer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 163 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostJabilo, on 04 February 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

For the love of god please introduce a filter for mechs with modules equipped.

It seems you have removed the ability to have four "ready upped" mechs which was the only way I could manage where my modules were (I have about 40 variants).

I second this.

#6 Basskicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Anyone else have a jumbled mess of a battlemech store??? Or am I just missing the filter option somewhere?

#7 ginger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have looked tirelessly for over half an hour now, and no where am I able to find any data in my mechlab showing me how many critical slots are availble. ????

Edit: There are a fews things I like about this new UI but.... come on guys what did you guys do design this thing while on a heroin bing?

-Pro- Having a big screen full of all of my mechs all at once, with filters
-Con- Left out every useful filter I can imagine, wtf would I sort my chassis by alphabetical order? Chassis, variants, weightclass, hardpoints, top speed, engine rating, heat efficiency, engagement range, etc. etc.

-Pro- Being able to sort through my available inventory of equipment. Found some stuff in there I didn't know I had! Sweet! Where did that 330 Standard Engine come from lol?!?
-Con- Extremely counterintuitive and convoluted customization process for modifying your mechs. WHERE IS MY AVAILABLE CRITICAL SLOT READOUT?? I literally took it for granted that something like that would be included in the new UI. I'll take the MW4 mechlab or Smurfy's mechlab any day of the week over this thing. Huge step backwards in the mechlab. I actually ran a newly purchased mech stock today for several matches because I thought it was too big of a pain in the ass to try to customize it.

-Pro- Nice big display showing my sweet war machines in all of their glory.
-Con- I almost instinctively tried to pan around and rotate my Ready mech from the home screen. I cannot do this.

....There are many other things I could point out, some good, more of them bad. I'm sure many of them are detailed below. From what I've read and watched a significant portion of PGI's manpower was dedicated to getting UI 2.0 up and running. If that is the case I am very concerned in your ability to deliver such complex game dynamics such as CW in the future. I've been invested in Batteltech/Mechwarrior for almost 2/3 of my entire lifespan and I want this game to succeed with all of my being. In this state, and this time, I don't feel like 2.0 was a step in the right direction.

Edited by ginger, 04 February 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#8 Doktor Totenkopf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

There seems to be a quite long delay from buying MCs to them actually been available ingame.

Also the site does seem to update as fast as it used too.

#9 Kettech

Rookie

• Members
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

the actual engine Type (XL or not) and Ratings (e.g. 310, 360) eqiped to a Mech are missing in the Mechlab

#10 Overdog

• Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostDoktor Totenkopf, on 04 February 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

There seems to be a quite long delay from buying MCs to them actually been available ingame.

Also the site does seem to update as fast as it used too.

I am seeing this same issue...its been over 30 min and nothing on the site or ingame.

#11 Bront

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

View Postginger, on 04 February 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I have looked tirelessly for over half an hour now, and no where am I able to find any data in my mechlab showing me how many critical slots are availble. ????

Much like HS and Ammo totals, it's not there.

#12 Jake Hendricks

• Elite Founder
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Is it me or does it not say how many actual heat sinks a mech has in the stats?
Also second the mech details not being in the store isn't great for deciding on a purchase - might be worth saying where the weapon slots are on the mech as well. Trial ones can't be reviewed in mech lab either.

In addition do the colours not show in the boxes when chosen on camo screen? Tooltip states the colour but box is just white.

Also to mention stalker trial mech doesn't have a buy button but the others do.

#13 MnDragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Just to add for asthetics..."Checkout" when I haven't purchased anything is really not a good indicator of "Save Changes to loadout" when I've made changes with stuff I own. I spent 5 minutes trying figure out how to save a mech after an engine swap. Please fix.

#14 Runenstahl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth (Germany)

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

I like the fact that it's now fullscreen (WITH the resolution it needs for that) and that it looks nice and clean.

I dislike that it just doesn't give me the information I want. I'd very much liked the old "loadout" screen where you can see exactly what equimpment your mech has. Now I have no idea. Even if I go to the loadout section in the hangar and try to fiddle around with my mechs I do NOT see what I have equipped. If have to click on every single bodypart and make notes of the weapons and stuff to get the whole picture. Right now it's just annoying :angry:

I do expect PGI to work on that eventually, but right now... well, like I said: it's annoying.

#15 xxBountyHunterxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

I want to be optimistic here, I really do. To many issues to mention, most of all it is so hard finding everything. The chat has gotten worse, Is PGI actually listening to what needs to be done? C'mon guys, this is not a step forward it may be two steps back

#16 wobbles3285

• Members
  • Pip
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSo-Cal

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

This stupid UI is an over-complicated mess and the type size and font literally hurts to look at. And of course you can't change anything about the without changing he resolution for the game. You guys have essentially ruined the game for anyone who isn't 15 years old and doesn't care if their eyes melt out of their sockets. You know, I com home form work and play this game an the last damn thing I need is a headache before I even find my way to a match. This is a seriously F'ed up UI and you should have known it. I'm done with MWO till you fix it. I don't play this game to get pissed off and have a headache.

#17 PieRat

• Legendary Founder
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

When I look at the mechs on sale in the mechlab "purchasable" area I see the stats to the right like you would view the stats of your already owned mechs, but yeah just going to store will not show them. So I look at them the way I always have...through mechlab. They will show up there.

Edited by PieRat, 04 February 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#18 Elaxter

• Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostBlazing Angel, on 04 February 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

So wait, why do mechs in the store when you hover over them don't give their stats? If I'm going to buy a mech, I wanna look at it's stats BEFORE buying it and not have to track back to the mech bay back and forth to make sure I got the right details.

Just go to your mechlab, click on filter, and switch it to purchasable.

If you hover over your mechs, it will give you the information you need.

Edited by Elaxter, 04 February 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#19 DoozerDan

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Im sorry but this is one baaaaaad UI, atleast the old one was simple. The new one is confusing and painfull to watch :/

Takes me longer to setup a mech than the old one sp not exactly a step in the rigt direction

#20 PieRat

• Legendary Founder
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

Possibly, or the older one was just simpler because we are used to it by now. Kinda like a new windows operating system, or programs going from pull down menus to ribbons, and tabs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users