General

1026 replies to this topic

#41 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hey can you guys take your arguments about who is better than who somewhere else? We should be discussing balance changes, not epeen.

Edited by Jman5, 05 February 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#42 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 05 February 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Just going back to the good old days of poking the dragon and running away.

Hehe, I like guessing games.

#43 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Awww, and I was thinking of buying some too and getting on the meta bandwagon :rolleyes:

#44 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Nerf Gun pointed at the Highlander
There can only be one...
... maybe we'll soften up
to the Victor which sports
that same builds

Edited by gavilatius, 05 February 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#45 Ryan Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Top Hat & Monocle Club

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 February 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

Lulz, check this guy out.

See, here is where you tryhards and mouthbreathers keep falling flat.
I don't want anything nerfed, I want things somewhat balanced.
The fact that you're so apoplectic about having your 'perfect' toy taken away from you shows that you KNOW that there is an imbalance, but because you only participate with other meta-humpers in your cookie-cutter builds, the fact that you might have to spend 20 seconds working on another build, or that there may not be a 'perfect' build scares the living shit out of you.

I don't see how anything I've ever posted, or my performance in other mech builds confirms what you've said. None of us have ever been scared of anything getting nerfed. We'll just use something else that works at a high efficiency.

I think you're the one who's scared. I rebuttled your contention that our FOTM builds was our crutch by calling for a complete poptart removal and you simply attempted to restate the rehashed rhetoric that you terribads have always used when we walk over your steaming, charred mech corpses. You know you're going to get pooped on, and you're so mad about it that you have to spew patently false statements despite our challenge.

As it has been, and always will be, any change to this game will not move us away from the top of the totem pole. We are imbalanced. We are OP. Get ready to get steamrolled by the House of Lords.

LORD STEEL
ggclose

#46 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostJman5, on 05 February 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

I would say there are four major/meta jump snipers right now:

Highlanders (733C mostly, 733, 732)
Victors (dragon slayer)
Cataphract (3D)
Shadowhawks (2D2)

I would keep all these mechs in mind when you think about nerfing. If you weaken just one, then people will pile into the remaining three. Basically mechs with jump jets, and an asymetrical energy/ballistic hardpoint on one side (dual ppc + Autocannon(s)). The higher the guns the more powerful they are.

Stop makig serious sounding versions of my post dammit! :rolleyes:

#47 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

I dunno if it was the game's initial intention to allow people to mount 1 JJ and get all the effect they need.

but as it stands most people mount 1 JJ and are getting all the benefit they need.
Maybe a better scaling of JJ performance per JJ mounted is in order.

Edited by Jin Ma, 05 February 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#48 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Yes... JJs are being looked at and specifically the initial burst turn. And there are other Mechs on the firing range.

Please lock at the weapons too:

The biggest problems i see are convergence/alpha (ppc+ac), jjs

Doing something on convergence would need as much resources as burst fire acs and maybe overload the hsr (more), not to count the increased traffic for it.
I dont expect that you can/want do that?

The ac line has to much ammo and the 3x range is not matching the other weapons.
At 1000m range you can counter them and the ppcs with ppcs and acs only (and the gauss), thats one of the problems.

Giving them 2x range would bring them in line with the other weapons:
SRMs can counter the AC20,
Large Lasers the AC5/10 and LRM
ErLL the AC2
ERPPC the Gauss

The last 4 Weapons should be the only weapons that can do countable damage at ranges over 1000m.

The mid range weapons like the ac5 that are part of the jj/ppc/ac5 meta, would not be that usable at all ranges.
The player has to deside if he wants range or high damage.

This would also make the new modules more balanced. They low heat ballistics get very low heat increase for a lot more of range then the other weapons from them what makes the range imbalance over all weapons more worse.

About jjs:
Ech jj should give you more high and fuel,
the heat should be noticeable and increase with each jj and is added during the use (like 2 heat per second of use for a class 1 jumpjet)
the shake should be massive and is reduced with each jj.

Edited by Galenit, 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#49 Ryan Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts

View PostLex420, on 05 February 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Ya he's kind of right. Even if his tone is a little harsh to say the least.
Some people are good and no matter how you change the game they will adapt and still find ways to destroy you.

I like you. You're the type of guy that can accept defeat, learn from it, and use what you're learned to best your opponent in your next confrontation instead of getting upset at everything and everyone else but yourself. It's why you're better at this game than others.

#50 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

good to see jj are being looked at. 1 jj is way to good

#51 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Yes... JJs are being looked at and specifically the initial burst turn. And there are other Mechs on the firing range.

Yes poking the dragon always ends well, those good old days where the forums burst into flames were great weren't they? This community is the perfect place to troll as the devs are so popular. Oh well doubling down on the snark will help. :rolleyes:

#52 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Paul the weapons feel boring enough as it is right now. Any chance that a variety of weapons could be buffed instead? I want more damaging weapons like before

#53 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

How do we know if he can hit what he is aiming at? He might miss and nerf the Quickdraw.

#54 Ryan Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

I may have an animated way of saying what I have to say, but it's pretty clear that you have nothing objective to say about Paul's move because you're not good enough at the game to understand how it works at its very core. A lot of you guys think nerfing something is going to solve a problem that you're confusing with another. The problem isn't the highlander or poptarting, it's that we're in them and we poptart. That's why we are challenging the devs and you guys by calling for a complete highlander/poptart/assault nerf or whatever you guys want to prove it to you. If you guys want to ruin your game by solving non-issues then great. I find poptarting pretty boring tbh and can't wait to move on to other things. I say buff something else to make other things competitive, but you guys think you know best, so go on.

You can act as smug, sarcastic, or indignant as you want, you know I'm right and have absolutely nothing to say to prove me wrong.

#55 Felbombling

• 2,970 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Are these Mechs on the wall in orderly columns, segregated by weight class... and can you see stats on them in the Game Store?

#56 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

View PostRG Notch, on 05 February 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Yes poking the dragon always ends well, those good old days where the forums burst into flames were great weren't they? This community is the perfect place to troll as the devs are so popular. Oh well doubling down on the snark will help. :rolleyes:

I'm as much of a cynic as anyone else, but let's not scare him away now. Having him do poke-and-run on random topics is better than him not doing anything at all.

#57 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

View PostRG Notch, on 05 February 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Give it a rest dude. OMG a dev made a funny! Let's burst into a flame war. jeez

#58 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

@ Paul:
Here's a thought: Why not fix SRM hitreg first (test it on the public test server then bring it live) and see how that affects the overall balance, before taking out the nerfbat and having a swing at the Highlander and JumpJets in general.
Working SRMs might already be enough to bring brawling back into the game and have it as a viable option.

Nerfing the Highlander and JumpJets first on the other hand might put you into the position of having to rebuff them later once SRMs are actually doing what they are supposed to do.
Sure, it is probably the quicker route to go (seeing PGIs comments on how much effort it would take to fix SRM hitreg), but that does not make it the better one.

#59 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

I am the best Highlander pilot in the game, and I say - go ahead, nerf away. The people who rely on that specific chassis to be even slightly above-average will fall, not the naturally skilled. Brawling is more fun, anyhow.

Fix SRM's before adjusting... I agree with this notion.

LORD KAFFEANGST
ggclose™

Edited by kaffeangst, 05 February 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#60 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

so does this mean i get my 7mpl awesome back?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users