Skill Tree Question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Tando

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

I know at one time AGES ago I owned a Cataphract but it is long since gone the way of the do-do.
When I click on a Cataphract now all it does is highlight it in yellow. How do I find out which one that I spent whatever xp it was on it without having to buy all three variants?

OH,OH! Wait let me guess in UI2.0 you can not do that anymore, like no favorite mech, always dropping as "any" or "assault only", no cbill or gxp on home screen. Right?

#2 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostTando, on 07 February 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

I know at one time AGES ago I owned a Cataphract but it is long since gone the way of the do-do.
When I click on a Cataphract now all it does is highlight it in yellow. How do I find out which one that I spent whatever xp it was on it without having to buy all three variants?

OH,OH! Wait let me guess in UI2.0 you can not do that anymore, like no favorite mech, always dropping as "any" or "assault only", no cbill or gxp on home screen. Right?

By "favorite mech", did you mean the 4 mechs you could prepare? Cause that wasn't for a "favorite" mech, so much as early prep-work for a feature that will be coming up with the Launcher Module stuff in the next 2 months.

#3 Tando

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostAdran, on 07 February 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

By "favorite mech", did you mean the 4 mechs you could prepare? Cause that wasn't for a "favorite" mech, so much as early prep-work for a feature that will be coming up with the Launcher Module stuff in the next 2 months.

Right, any answer to the question?

Edited by Tando, 07 February 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#4 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostTando, on 07 February 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Right, any answer to the question?

I have no clue how to check the XP spent on the mechs. For me it's not as big a deal, since I don't intend to buy back any of the mechs I sold.

#5 Tando

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

I found my answer, it only works if you have used only one variant though, sorta. It is the mech stats under profile. You can see which mechs you have taken into battle how many times, W/L KDA stuff like that. So by knowing how many battles you have taken the it into give a rough albeit VERY rough idea of xp.

#6 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Would be nice that the UI reflects the unlocked skills for any mech; for fun or useful in case someone does buy back a sold chassis for any reason.

#7 Tando

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostTando, on 07 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I found my answer, it only works if you have used only one variant though, sorta. It is the mech stats under profile. You can see which mechs you have taken into battle how many times, W/L KDA stuff like that. So by knowing how many battles you have taken the it into give a rough albeit VERY rough idea of xp.

Actually the mech stats page under Profile on the website tell EXACTLY the amount of xp on the mech. But this is not a part of the UI this is something on the website you have to research for yourself for every thing you do not have.

Edited by Tando, 07 February 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#8 Tando

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostAdran, on 07 February 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

I have no clue how to check the XP spent on the mechs. For me it's not as big a deal, since I don't intend to buy back any of the mechs I sold.

What I was asking was, how to find out which one I had already owned and sold, I am not looking to buy it again. I do NOT want to buy it again that is why I was asking to see if there was a way of determining what variant had xp, but the only way to determine that using the ingame UI is buying them again to get the Mech Tree under the name to show up to see which one you previously owned.

#9 Jorro

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

View PostTando, on 07 February 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Same problem here, can't see my unlocked skills of mechs i don't actually own.
XP via website profile is no good indicator, i collected lots XP with trial mechs. This makes elite-ing a lucky game.

#10 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostTando, on 07 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Um, you realize that the line actually has a spot for XP earned in that mech?

But yes, you can't access XP at all for mechs you've sold, so you can't convert XP to GXP with MC even if you wanted to. Chances are, that because of that (AKA, lost revenue), it'll be fixed soon.

#11 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

I played quite a bit in the fall of 2012 - early 2013 and don't have any stats from my experience gained in 'mechs during that time frame, so the profile option doesn't work for me. I played quite a bit in the trial SP Hunchback, for example, but it doesn't reflect me playing in any Hunchbacks at all.

#12 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

Emilio that is likely under Archived not Current Stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users