Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostWill9761, on 13 February 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Are there any Crusaders among Wolves who are willing to use the Crusader Wolf's Alpha Galaxy Scheme:

I think some of the Crusaders in my Clan may be interested in your suggestion :lol:

#22 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

+1 to those nice clan paint jobs!

I do need your help. As with founders, hero and phoenix mechs, there might be also a camo pattern restriction on the prime variants of the clan mechs. So please tell the devs to get rid of camo pattern restrictions for founders, hero, phoenix and probably clan prime variants. So we can individualize our mechs like all the other mechs in according unit colors or personal taste:

http://mwomercs.com/...-phoenix-mechs/

Just give a short post and let the Devs know.

Thank you very much and keep those paintjobs comming!

Edited by Ryoken, 14 February 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#23 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostRyoken, on 14 February 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

+1 to those nice clan paint jobs!

I do need your help. As with founders, hero and phoenix mechs, there might be also a camo pattern restriction on the prime variants of the clan mechs. So please tell the devs to get rid of camo pattern restrictions for founders, hero, phoenix and probably clan prime variants. So we can individualize our mechs like all the other mechs in according unit colors or personal taste:

http://mwomercs.com/...-phoenix-mechs/

Just give a short post and let the Devs know.

Thank you very much and keep those paintjobs comming!

Well actually a Hero 'Mech should be unique. Would you buy a "Red Baron's plane" and then paint it blue? :lol:

#24 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 February 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Well actually a Hero 'Mech should be unique. Would you buy a "Red Baron's plane" and then paint it blue? :lol:

You mean unique like all those hundreds of Hero mechs running around in exactly the same camo pattern? :o

With my suggestion we still keep the Hero mech pattern as exclusive pattern option. But we are no longer restricted to only one pattern!

So lifting the camo pattern restriction from Hero mechs would make them more unique than forcing exactly the same camo on all of them. :lol:

Edited by Ryoken, 14 February 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostRyoken, on 14 February 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

You mean unique like all those hundreds of Hero mechs running around in exactly the same camo pattern? :o

With my suggestion we still keep the Hero mech pattern as exclusive pattern option. But we are no longer restricted to only one pattern!

So lifting the camo pattern restriction from Hero mechs would make them more unique than forcing exactly the same camo on all of them. :lol:

Of course it is true but among the 'Mechs they should be unique IMHO. Otherwise, they just become like the standard variants, each player using different paintjobs, camos etc. They are not even recognizable :lol:

#26 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 February 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Of course it is true but among the 'Mechs they should be unique IMHO. Otherwise, they just become like the standard variants, each player using different paintjobs, camos etc. They are not even recognizable :lol:

Why should they be forced to be recognizable by running around all the same?

They are allready unique due to their variant name, c-bill bonus and weaponloadout. They can never become standard variants by the paint applied to them. Who wants to point out the obvious even more can keep the Hero camo pattern in the original colors. But those who do not want that - and as we can see by lots of people changing hero colors allready there are a lot - can simply change the camo pattern.

I do not think a mech I buy for real money should come with a restriction, which free mechs do not have to suffer. Also I do not think anyone has the right to tell me which camo pattern and color I have to put on my mech. In fact a lot of F2P titles earn a lot of money by allowing players to individualize their characters/rides. This is a very good way to earb money as the pure looks are not pay2win and add more diversity to the game, rather than every hero mech running around in exactly the same pattern.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostRyoken, on 14 February 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Why should they be forced to be recognizable by running around all the same?

They are allready unique due to their variant name, c-bill bonus and weaponloadout. They can never become standard variants by the paint applied to them. Who wants to point out the obvious even more can keep the Hero camo pattern in the original colors. But those who do not want that - and as we can see by lots of people changing hero colors allready there are a lot - can simply change the camo pattern.

I do not think a mech I buy for real money should come with a restriction, which free mechs do not have to suffer. Also I do not think anyone has the right to tell me which camo pattern and color I have to put on my mech. In fact a lot of F2P titles earn a lot of money by allowing players to individualize their characters/rides. This is a very good way to earb money as the pure looks are not pay2win and add more diversity to the game, rather than every hero mech running around in exactly the same pattern.

I understand, but maybe i just have a different idea of hero 'Mechs.

For me a Hero 'Mech is a 'Mech piloted by a notable character in the lore, and that is what matters for me. Honestly the C-bill bonus has no appeal for me :lol:

So if i was a fan of the Red Baron i would not change its colour..

#28 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 February 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I understand, but maybe i just have a different idea of hero 'Mechs.

For me a Hero 'Mech is a 'Mech piloted by a notable character in the lore, and that is what matters for me. Honestly the C-bill bonus has no appeal for me :lol:

So if i was a fan of the Red Baron i would not change its colour..

Ah ok I do see your motivation now! :lol: So if they give the option to change camo patterns on hero mechs PGI could still serve both groups of interest.

Those who want to play the character Manfred von Richthofen get the red Fokker Dr.I
Those who want to play an individualized Fokker Dr.I with 30% C-Bill bonus get that as well.

So everyone will be happy with the suggested changes.

#29 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Heros were a dumb idea for exactly the same reasons posted here. A bunch of players running around in the same "unique" chassis, all for the sake of #pgimoneygrab.

I reason (because I have to) that seeing all of these unique mechs is simply mechwarriors paying homage to personal heros, much like MLB players wearing number 42 on April 15th.

I'm going to guess that eventually PGI will try to monetize the clan invasion more by creating their own House/Clan camos, decals, and colors. I wouldn't mind so much if camos were not per chassis.

#30 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Apologies. I don't mean to throw a negative post in the middle of this nice thread. The forum needs more feel-good threads like these. Carry on!

#31 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 14 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Heros were a dumb idea for exactly the same reasons posted here. A bunch of players running around in the same "unique" chassis, all for the sake of #pgimoneygrab.

So you are telling me MWO is the first and only game with "Heroes" ? You forget WoT, WT, etc.. PGI has not invented anything.

#32 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 February 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

So you are telling me MWO is the first and only game with "Heroes" ? You forget WoT, WT, etc.. PGI has not invented anything.

Mmm, no? Let's see...nope, didn't say that, or that, or that. Actually it's just a few sentences there. Feel free to check. Way to read whatever you want into what I write.

I think taking isolated notables from Battletech and making them pay content with bonuses lends to the inevitability of something you should never see being commonplace. So, yeah, I think that's kind of dumb. People already talk about "What will be the hero for this chassis?", etc., so there is nothing uncommon about it...in fact it's now expected. It's basically giving PGI free reign to deviate from canon, and canon has been the binding guideline for all MW games. Canon is what makes MechWarrior...well MechWarrior. Start inventing your own mechs and you have to call it something else at some point.

#33 N E R E V A R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 111 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Let me get this thread back on track, here's my Highlander-IIC in the Smoke Jagaur's Alpha Galaxy scheme:Posted Image

#34 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 14 February 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

I think taking isolated notables from Battletech and making them pay content with bonuses lends to the inevitability of something you should never see being commonplace. So, yeah, I think that's kind of dumb. People already talk about "What will be the hero for this chassis?", etc., so there is nothing uncommon about it...in fact it's now expected. It's basically giving PGI free reign to deviate from canon, and canon has been the binding guideline for all MW games. Canon is what makes MechWarrior...well MechWarrior. Start inventing your own mechs and you have to call it something else at some point.

I see what you mean, I never liked their inventing Hero 'Mechs, even if they are based on pilots mentioned in a few lines in a TRO.

View PostItheseus, on 14 February 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Let me get this thread back on track, here's my Highlander-IIC in the Smoke Jagaur's Alpha Galaxy scheme:

Looks nice!

#35 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Here are some Clan Coyote Schemes of Omicron Galaxy:
Posted Image

246th Striker Cluster variant:
Posted Image

#36 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Are there any Steel Vipers in the forums?
Posted Image

#37 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Russ told me on twitter that their will be a decal system, as to where we can put our clan Insignia's on our mechs, so that's gonna be cool

#38 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostWill9761, on 15 February 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Here are some Clan Coyote Schemes of Omicron Galaxy:

246th Striker Cluster variant:

Very cool. Here is one from me :angry: Done in 5 minutes: Clan Snow Raven Delta Garrison
Galaxy! http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?ID=6209 I should have used a light blue instead of that blue..

Posted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 16 February 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#39 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Liking these designs here, nice work.

What are some of the color schemes that the clans use to show off their faction, if any at all?

I know they have the insignia placed on somewhere on the mech, but do they also fly a specific color scheme?

#40 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 17 February 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Liking these designs here, nice work.

What are some of the color schemes that the clans use to show off their faction, if any at all?

I know they have the insignia placed on somewhere on the mech, but do they also fly a specific color scheme?

The colors you see do just that. A Ghost Bear mech will not look like a Nova Cat mech will not look like a Steel Viper mech will not look like a Hell Horses mech. Usually a theme is followed throughout the entire Clan tourman, or else a specific color pattern is recognized as belonging to a Galaxy of a specific Clan.

One of the few exceptions that comes to mind are the Nova Cats as, outside of Alpha and Xi, they use camouflage that matches whatever battlefield they are currently fighting on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users