Trackir? C'mon!

18 replies to this topic

#1 OldCowboy

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Ive found some old threads about this in the search but was unable to post on them and i couldnt find anything official. I can't see this being to hard to implement into the game(but ignorance is bliss i guess).

So C'mon PGI! where's the trackIR support!? We have freelook but its just not the same.... Anybody know any ways to force this to work?A workaround?

Edited by Sekzone, 07 February 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

If you find one, let me know.

#3 Anastasiuss

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

TrackIR should be supported in MWO. It's great to work with it in other Sims

#4 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

This game really needs TrackIR support. It's really frustrating that they have not this yet.

War Thunder, a game that is at least 1 year younger has fantastic 6DoF TrackIR implementation.

edit: tone

Edited by Loc Nar, 10 February 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#5 Silas Farseer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

I am waiting for TrackIR support. Do it PGI, there are more people who have it than you realize.

#6 CMIRKO

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

completely agree - I have at least 5 online friends who all come from simulations and they are all moaning how this game really needs track-ir support....

#7 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

I take it that 3rd person view isn't ringing your bells... ;)

FWIW, I agree... TrackIR support should be in there.

#8 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I hate to sound like a troll, but:

You expect them to add trackir support when they can't even get functional client updates out on time?

Personally, I'm on your side, but I'm not optimistic...

#9 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostSen, on 15 February 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I hate to sound like a troll, but:

You expect them to add trackir support when they can't even get functional client updates out on time?

Personally, I'm on your side, but I'm not optimistic...

Hmm, I don't know if 'expect' is the right word. This does not prevent me from wanting them to add it and expressing this as well, and they have said they would numerous times in the last 2-1/2 years I've been paying attention so it's not unreasonable to bring it up or chime in when others mention it.

It's way overdue, and while I'm not terribly optimistic but trolling them isn't going to help either. My first post in this thread showed my frustration more accurately, but I edited it because ultimately accepted it was counterproductive to the goal and pretty much only makes *me look bad.

#10 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

It's rough. On the one hand, I'm trying not to be overly negative because that's pretty much the extent of the forums these days, but it's hard to be optimistic about ANYTHING PGI says, given their promises over the last year and a half. I *DO* know that I'd seriously consider getting one if PGI announced they were adding support for it. Hopefully PGI will prove me wrong sooner, rather than later ^^

#11 OldCowboy

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yeah I really don't expect this any time soon at all. But it sure would be a pleasent surprise to come across trackir support as an added feature in a patch. Sure would put a smile on my face as well as many others looking for the immersive sim experience. Those making video's would probably be happy too.

#12 Mahrexen

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Add a fundraiser to the store, I'd be willing to chip in on dev time to get this implemented.

I'd rather pay for feature I know what it does then spend money on packages the company doesn't even know how they work yet.

Natural point has given them the SDK to get it working and has tried to reach out to them to work with the devs to get it working.

http://forums.natura...ilit=mwo#p56920

#13 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostMahrexen, on 25 February 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Add a fundraiser to the store, I'd be willing to chip in on dev time to get this implemented.

I'd rather pay for feature I know what it does then spend money on packages the company doesn't even know how they work yet.

Natural point has given them the SDK to get it working and has tried to reach out to them to work with the devs to get it working.

http://forums.natura...ilit=mwo#p56920

Not a bad idea on funding it that way, other than the precedent it sets. I've already thrown money into this game over the last 2+ years, partly based on having been repeatedly assured already that TrackIR support is coming so it would be pretty annoying to pay up yet again. Interesting find on the NP forums... maybe we can use this to apply some fresh pressure...

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

I would like the hat switch on my JS to actually allow me to look around and fire to the sides.

#15 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

A large portion of your user base has TIR/FT (or FTnoIR+FT plugin). Please support these APIs in some form, or at least allow us to bind view directions to joystick inputs. There is emulation software that can turn head tracking into joystick inputs for this reason.

Edited by frag85, 13 March 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#16 Cael-Rhythyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

C'mon, let's get the TrackIR support for the game! It's definitely a must

#17 THE ERASER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

Everyone who has TrackIR Software installed can now upgrade the game titles software profile list and see after a restart of the tool that "MechWarrior Online" is listed as a game title with a profile. I bet it can only bet that soon (1 - 2 month) the TrackIR support is implemented. :)

#18 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Russ tweet indicates TrackIR support comes in with the June 3rd patch.

#19 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Just a quick demo for TrackIR in the testing grounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users