Here's Your Texture Bugs

29 replies to this topic

#1 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

OK, you wanted a vid, here's a vid. Deleting the texture folder did nothing. It was the only map to do this with high graphics and it's the only map to do it with medium. I saw another thread about this but it was old so I started a new one. I'm using a Radeon HD 5570 with the most bleeding edge non-beta drivers. This is the only game to generate glitches like this.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

You're supposed to delete the "Shaders"-folder wich is inside your USER-folder in your MWO-folder.
Once you did that, turn on v-sync in the settings-menu and the bug goes away.

One of the nice PGI-people recently posted in a similar thread that you can also add a certain line to your user.cfg file, that way you don't have to use v-sync. I can't remember the line exactly so you might want to look for it, it was in this forum.

Edited by Ironwithin, 08 February 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#3 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 08 February 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

You're supposed to delete the "Shaders"-folder wich is inside your USER-folder in your MWO-folder.
Once you did that, turn on v-sync in the settings-menu and the bug goes away.

One of the nice PGI-people recently posted in a similar thread that you can also add a certain line to your user.cfg file, that way you don't have to use v-sync. I can't remember the line exactly so you might want to look for it, it was in this forum.

Try this. (Personally I tried this solution and it did not work on my game, but one or both of the listed changes have fixed it for several others I know)

#4 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

It fixed it for me.

#5 Robertak

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

woked for me.. thanks a lot

#6 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

I've been seeing this on ~40% of my matches on either version of Frozen City since the maps' introduction. Deleting shaders never helped me ;)

#7 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

I was interacting with a guy from PGI in another thread about FPS issues.

Apparently there has been loads of work done on bug fixes and overall stability but they are going to wait for Direct X 11 to roll a lot of them out.

Hopefully this will be one such issue that will finally be sorted.

#8 Leded

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

i have the same issue. although i delete the folder and it fixes the problem for a match. it returns again once another match on that map starts.

#9 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostLeded, on 09 February 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

i have the same issue. although i delete the folder and it fixes the problem for a match. it returns again once another match on that map starts.

That's why you have to turn on v-sync after deleting the folder.

#10 Deucebackpack

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 08 February 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

The thread was here:
http://mwomercs.com/...44#entry3133144

#11 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostDeucebackpack, on 10 February 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Fixed the problem for me, after deleting the shaders folder.
You should find yours here:
"<whereeveryouinstalledMWOonyourharddrive>\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online\user\shaders\".

And the line for the user.cfg is:
r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 0

If you do not have a user.cfg create one.
- Make sure that you have set your Windows Exporer viewing options to "Show file name extensions" in the options.
- Then create a new textfile here:
"<whereeveryouinstalledMWOonyourharddrive>\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online\"
- Rename the file to user.cfg (make sure the .txt ending is gone).
- You can now return you Windows Explorer settings to the way they used to be.
- Open the user.cfg and enter r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 0.
- Save the file and restart MWO!

#12 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostEgomane, on 10 February 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Fixed the problem for me, after deleting the shaders folder.
You should find yours here:
"<whereeveryouinstalledMWOonyourharddrive>\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online\user\shaders\".

RUN THE REPAIR TOOL

And the line for the user.cfg is:
r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 0

If you do not have a user.cfg create one.
- Make sure that you have set your Windows Exporer viewing options to "Show file name extensions" in the options.
- Then create a new textfile here:
"<whereeveryouinstalledMWOonyourharddrive>\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online\"
- Rename the file to user.cfg (make sure the .txt ending is gone).
- You can now return you Windows Explorer settings to the way they used to be.
- Open the user.cfg and enter r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 0.
- Save the file and restart MWO!

#13 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

I've had this issue since Closed beta. I've done every fix shy of completely reinstalling the operating system from scratch. They refuse to fix it and I just shrug at it now. All it's doing is showing new players they don't care about fixing long term issues.

#14 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostButane9000, on 11 February 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

I've had this issue since Closed beta. I've done every fix shy of completely reinstalling the operating system from scratch. They refuse to fix it and I just shrug at it now. All it's doing is showing new players they don't care about fixing long term issues.

Did you try the workaround explained in this thread?

As the workaround comes from a developer, it shows that they are aware of it and are looking for solutions. In the linked thread Matthew Craig even told us that they are working on a long term solution with the soon incoming (in march or maybe even next week) implementation of the DX11 render path. That is not refusing to fix it, in my eyes.

@Shamous13
Thank you! Worked for me without the repair tool, but it's still a step that should be performed.

#15 Deucebackpack

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

The user.cfg edit did not work for me. Still had missing textrures on frozen city. Only fix that works 100% for me is turning on V-Sync in the options.

Watched the video in the first post and noticed that he has the textures flickering on and off. For me the textures do not flicker they are just gone.

Also an interesting thing is that if I play singleplayer in the testing grounds i never have the missing textures. It only happens while playing online. So might even be related to some net code issues but that is just an uneducated guess on my part.

Anyways turning V-Sync on works for me so I'm fine.

#16 Robertak

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

well.. deleting of shaders folders worked for me, but few games after that bug is back.. again missing textures.. V-sync turned on already.. I'm now trying the workaround with user.cfg file, but honestly I'm a little sceptical about this.. hope they'll do something fast..

#17 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

This bug used to happen to me most of the time I played any frozen city map. After one of the patches in January, however, I haven't seen this happen again on my machine, but now others I play with are experiencing it who didn't before.

#18 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostDeucebackpack, on 11 February 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

The user.cfg edit did not work for me. Still had missing textrures on frozen city. Only fix that works 100% for me is turning on V-Sync in the options.

Watched the video in the first post and noticed that he has the textures flickering on and off. For me the textures do not flicker they are just gone.

Also an interesting thing is that if I play singleplayer in the testing grounds i never have the missing textures. It only happens while playing online. So might even be related to some net code issues but that is just an uneducated guess on my part.

Anyways turning V-Sync on works for me so I'm fine.

what hardware are you running?

I'm running 2x7870 crossfire and v-sync use to be the only fix for me but adding the line to the user cfg has fixed the problem, now I don't need v-sync on.

#19 Deucebackpack

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

Intel G2020 processor with Intel HD graphics. So it might be that the user.cfg fix works better for faster PC's.

#20 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostDeucebackpack, on 12 February 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Intel G2020 processor with Intel HD graphics. So it might be that the user.cfg fix works better for faster PC's.

check this post it may help you.
Fps Fix For Old Computers And/or Dual Core Machines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users