Selling Mech With Ui 2.o

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Okay, this is a weird one.

I am getting only 390k for a raven, what's that you say? low but not weird? wait there is more!

If I take out the engine? 390k

If I put the engine in? 390k

If I leave the advanced zoom??? 390k

If I take it out? 390K

and so on, see a theme?

so feel free to tell Jonny what he is missing!

#2 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

When you click "sale" from the inventory selection it brings up another dialog box. There should be a check box for "item value" which sells the equipped items along with the mech, this is usually a bad idea, but thankfully it's default is unchecked so it's just the price of the raven you are seeing. You don't really get much money back for mechs+upgrades, so 390k for a raven seems about right.

Edited by Watchit, 10 February 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#3 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

By default, selling the chasis doesn't sell the equipment. hence the same price. you have the option to sell the equipment on it which will increase the selling price. the listed selling price is for the chasis only

#4 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Ha! fooled you all.... yeah totally was a, um... uh a trick! yeah thats it, it was a trick....

Seriously how silly would I have to be to make that kinda enormous oversight?...... really silly, so very silly.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

#5 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostJonny Slam, on 11 February 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Ha! fooled you all.... yeah totally was a, um... uh a trick! yeah thats it, it was a trick....

Seriously how silly would I have to be to make that kinda enormous oversight?...... really silly, so very silly.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You're not silly at all. It isn't explained what that checkbox does. That's why I went searching and found this forum. Don't be embarrassed.. the UI is not as intuitive as it should be.

#6 Wulf359

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNoblesville, Indiana

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

This is a thread necro, and I apologize for that, but I tried to sell a mech, checked the checkbox, and it did these things:

Sold the items, but not the mech...

AND sold the items but not the mechs for several other mechs that I own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of my mechs are now sitting without equipment.

BTW, I never did get the c-bills for selling the items, either.

WTF? I put a ticket in to get this fixed. Yeah, talk about completely un-intuitive....and frustratingly stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users