In Game Mouse Settings

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mighty Virtus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

I have an issue I have been fighting with since I started playing this game.
In the settings page for MWO, there are 3 mouse settings. Sensitivity, Smooth and Acceleration.
As I can see and understand the difference when adjusting the sensitivity and acceleration, and put my finger on what exactly the "smooth" adjustment does.
I use the advanced zoom module frequently when I running my sniper mech or a mech with ballistic weapons...the problem I have been having is adjusting my in-game mouse settings to do 2 things, be quick to respond yet not jittery as hell while on the move, hence what I have thought was what the "smooth" adjustment in settings was for...I havent seen it. The other thing I need to do is while in advanced zoom mode, I need it to be ultra smooth and steady while I zero in on my target, yet still allowing me to be fairly quick to move to another target while STILL zoomed to react to ambient threats.
I can adjust my in-game mouse settings to fit my needs described above, but when I set them to fit out of zoom...when I zoom, its erratic as hell, all over the place...like a drunken soldier tryin to pick off a housefly from 200 yards! Opposite is true when I got my zoom settings tuned in...out of zoom, my torso is very slow to twist and look around...and then its like Im moving in slow motion and before I can turn and react to a threat Im dead!!
Does anyone have the same problem? And does anyone have any advice on how to find a happy medium in this situation???

#2 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

only suggestion I can think of off the top of my head you might not like.

Between advance zoom and normal, there is not one setting in my experience that works for both. Just as you described. So, I got a new mouse which has an added button to chance mouse DPI on the fly.

Hit advance zoom, and I drop the dpi to a small amount for the fine, pin point aiming. Enemy gets close and I drop the zoom, I up the dpi for the quick responsiveness need to torso twist effectively.

Now, just to be clear, I didn't fiddle with the settings as much as I should have, so hopefully someone else on the forums will provide better in game options. I also choose to focus on MW:O, so a new mouse was a logical choice after getting a throttle joystick and a bad ass wireless headset.

#3 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Don't use ingame mouse settings, especially not smooth and accelerate. Use 3rd party software (or use the one included with any mid/highend gaming mouse) that offers you sensitivity toggle. I run Logitech 500s + Setpoint.

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

You can modify the sensitivity for various zoom levels via a config file. If you do not have it yet, you will need to create a plain text file named "user.cfg" in your MechWarrior Online folder. Add these lines to user.cfg, then modify the values to whatever suits you:

gp_mech_view_look_sensitivity = 0.0026
gp_mech_view_zoom_level1_sensitivity_modifier = 0.7
gp_mech_view_zoom_level2_sensitivity_modifier = 0.5
gp_mech_view_zoom_level3_sensitivity_modifier = 0.3

As for the other settings, make sure your overall sensitivity is reasonably low, and disable mouse smoothing and acceleration. Both can add movement artifacts that mess with your aim.

Edited by Modo44, 11 February 2014 - 05:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users