Multiple Gold Clan Mechs

47 replies to this topic

#1 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

I haven't purchased the clan package quite yet, since I want to see a little bit more information come out in regards to their implementation, and what the first social reward is going to be. With that being said, I was curious if it were possible to purchase more than one golden mech at a reduced cost? Currently you're paying $240 for the Masakari pack, then another $260 for the gold mech + the additional goodies. Is it possible to purchase a 2nd one for $260, or do I need to drop another $500, leading to 2x everything I currently own?

#2 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

First-world problems, lol. Seriously, good for you that you have that much disposable cash. As far as I know, there is no discount, yet, for purchasing multiple gold mechs and you would get two whole sets (I don't think PGI anticipated anyone buying more than one each). Also, if you buy them, you will need to have a report macro ready, since you will get endless grief from jealous players.

Edited by Ed Steele, 13 February 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#3 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 February 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Also, if you buy them, you will need to have a report macro ready, since you will get endless grief from jealous players.

I really hope our community will do better than this. I mean every MWO player should be happy for every generous supporter of our game right? And it does not matter if the supporter picked up a single Hero Mech and some bays for some dollars or picked up a big package and did give several hundred dollars. We all support the same cause so this game is playable even for free to those who do not want or can not give money.

#4 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostRyoken, on 13 February 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

I really hope our community will do better than this. I mean every MWO player should be happy for every generous supporter of our game right? And it does not matter if the supporter picked up a single Hero Mech and some bays for some dollars or picked up a big package and did give several hundred dollars. We all support the same cause so this game is playable even for free to those who do not want or can not give money.

You are wearing rose-colored glasses aren't you? :-). This forum is full of jealous entitled whiners.

#5 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 February 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

You are wearing rose-colored glasses aren't you? :-). This forum is full of jealous entitled whiners.

True spoken. But I hope contrary to their opinion they are few in number and the minority of the player base. I think they just cry the loudest. ;) Till now I have not seen any excessive killing of hero, founders or phoenix mechs, so well I think it will be the same with the new clan mechs, be them simple prime or gold prime.

And I would give my vote for additional rose-colored view besides thermal and night vision. ;) I think the key to joy in this game is a couple of good guys to form a premade and have fun in TS3. Only when I play alone I sometimes get grumpy, this yet did not happen in a group. But maybe rose-color-vision would help some single players. :ph34r:

#6 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 February 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

First-world problems, lol. Seriously, good for you that you have that much disposable cash. As far as I know, there is no discount, yet, for purchasing multiple gold mechs and you would get two whole sets (I don't think PGI anticipated anyone buying more than one each). Also, if you buy them, you will need to have a report macro ready, since you will get endless grief from jealous players.

Well this is sad news. I really would like to get a golden Black Hawk and Summoner. I guess when the time is right I'll find out first hand. I suppose I can always e-mail support and have something worked out.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 13 February 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#7 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 13 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Well this is sad news. I really would like to get a golden Black Hawk and Summoner. I guess when the time is right I'll find out first hand. I suppose I can always e-mail support and have something worked out.

That is usually the best course of action.

#8 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

@Ed Steele

You realize there are around 4x more players who dont give a damn about those who buy the golden mechs. The forums are only a small portion of the whole. They scream loud, because they feel unheard and small, and they are the ladder.

#9 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I hope for their sake that whatever they shoot me with either kills me in one shot or can survive a return alpha from my Gold Dire Wolf. And I'm a high alpha build player.

#10 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Can't we just paint them black? Outside of that, form a Gold Mech 12 man and run riot :)

#11 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 13 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Pretty much the path I would take, CSR can at least look into this and give you an answer either way.

Also in a less 'official' path, you could twitter Russ or Bryan and see what they might have to say.... :)

#12 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 13 February 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

@Ed Steele

You realize there are around 4x more players who dont give a damn about those who buy the golden mechs. The forums are only a small portion of the whole. They scream loud, because they feel unheard and small, and they are the ladder.

PGI keeps saying that, yet I recognize almost everyone playing this game.. from the forums.

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNN.

#13 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 13 February 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

@Ed Steele

I will excuse your rectally produced statistic ;-) and concede that there are more players that do not post on the forums than there are, but I see plenty of the same talk in-game.

Edited by Ed Steele, 13 February 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#14 Nikkoru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Aside from the color, is there really any benefit to buying a golden clan mech?

#15 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostNikkoru, on 13 February 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Aside from the color, is there really any benefit to buying a golden clan mech?

No, other than the fact that the Masakari collection is included in the price.

#16 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 13 February 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

PGI keeps saying that, yet I recognize almost everyone playing this game.. from the forums.

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNN.

Oh really? Challenge for you. Record a video of you playing MWO SOLO without pauses or breaks. This video must contain 2 hours of drops. The 5th person and the 15th person from top to bottom on the score board - search that user on the forums and see if they are "active" on the forums.

Edited by Pando, 14 February 2014 - 01:09 AM.

#17 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

did you ask support ?
id love to know the answer

also
Pando's challenge should be done as a pug player
dropping with friends narrows the match makers choices

#18 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostNaduk, on 14 February 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

did you ask support ?
id love to know the answer

also
Pando's challenge should be done as a pug player
dropping with friends narrows the match makers choices

^ this

I've purchased a masakari collection. If i want a gold battlemech it will cost me an additional $500. But, according to the wording it would allow me to have two masakari packages and 1 gold mech.

3 prime variants!

#19 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Also I`d like to point out, other than the active members in this section of the forums and pro players, I don't see many active forum members. Active forum members tend to be lower elo, so you just so happen to be on that lower elo and playing with those guys. I rarely run into anyone that is an active member of this forum in a whole, get good and you wont see them anymore, simple as that.

#20 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Misread your post, Silence. So deleted mine. XD

So, if you rarely run into active forum posters, with the exception of active members of this forum section (and pro players), it follows that the overall Elo of the Clan active posters is generally high. Clan warriors with high Elo.

Yeah. I would call that accurate. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users