I Tried Student Mech Game. It Has Fun Aspect.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Hell

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio. USA

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

My gaming friend Takeru told me of this game on the shinkansen train several weeks ago. He said it was a robot shooting game made by students at the ITT Technical Institute. I am on holiday for several days and have tried Mechwarrior Online game.

As new player i am not expert. I played 28 match and won 8 of them in two days. I played big mech and little mech. I struggled with game with no tutorial. My Stalker mech was always shot by little mechs behind so i switched to little mech from the experience. Spider mech was very fast but i was confused with my team. All our lance was same color on map and was hard to follow.
I had trouble with the mech lab. It was hard to go into and text hurt my eyes. I know this is student made game so maybe with a few more classes they can update. I do not understand that they charge currency for new mechs. This helps fund the student education but seems to not be honest for classroom project.

I had same players in most games. Population seems small but it was students testing i assume. The Atlas (F) mech looks impressive. It killed me few times. I enjoy challenge. Mechs seem to get stuck on small rock and wall you can not see.

If I was university professor i would give students passing grade. I would recommend adding building that crumble with weapon fire. Students should take a course on tutorial development so new players not so confused. With only match after match of shooting enemy, students should add more things to keep interest in game.

#2 Kazma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

This is hilarious

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

View PostMigumi Kudo, on 14 February 2014 - 03:07 AM, said:

My gaming friend Takeru told me of this game on the shinkansen train several weeks ago. He said it was a robot shooting game made by students at the ITT Technical Institute. I am on holiday for several days and have tried Mechwarrior Online game.

As new player i am not expert. I played 28 match and won 8 of them in two days. I played big mech and little mech. I struggled with game with no tutorial. My Stalker mech was always shot by little mechs behind so i switched to little mech from the experience. Spider mech was very fast but i was confused with my team. All our lance was same color on map and was hard to follow.
I had trouble with the mech lab. It was hard to go into and text hurt my eyes. I know this is student made game so maybe with a few more classes they can update. I do not understand that they charge currency for new mechs. This helps fund the student education but seems to not be honest for classroom project.

I had same players in most games. Population seems small but it was students testing i assume. The Atlas (F) mech looks impressive. It killed me few times. I enjoy challenge. Mechs seem to get stuck on small rock and wall you can not see.

If I was university professor i would give students passing grade. I would recommend adding building that crumble with weapon fire. Students should take a course on tutorial development so new players not so confused. With only match after match of shooting enemy, students should add more things to keep interest in game.
How can you possibly want to play MW:O when you have Gundam online :lol:?

Okay that was a bit harsh... but still.. GUNDAM ONLINE!

SQUEEE!

Also, when you say "passing grade" are we talking 70? 79?

(And yes, I get it. Just play along).

#4 Svidro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

+1 for hilarious.

Also shading the mech icons on the map by weight class would be a great idea. Has that suggestion fallen on deaf ears yet?

#5 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

This is hilarious... +1 for the original post, hope that this game can evolve further than just "repetition"

#6 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

Posted Image

#7 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

+1 A good summing up of what is wrong with game, in the hope something will be done.

#8 Jimmy Page

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOh1O

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

Oh wow! Pretty much sums it up...sadly. Migumi, the game was made by PGI, not ITT Technical Institute. Other than that, you are pretty much spot on.

Edited by Jimmy Page, 14 February 2014 - 04:12 AM.

#9 Angel Bunny

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

+1

#10 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Shouldn't this be in the feature suggestions section?

#11 Jay Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 209 posts
  • LocationJumpship in the Periphery

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

Robot shooting game - sh*t, it's wonder half of japan isn't suddenly joining. All we need now are cut scenes of Mechs looking constipated waiting for weapons to charge while they start a slow wailing burn to full power! MORE POWER!!!!! aaarrrrgghhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Posted Image

Edited by Jay Kerensky, 16 February 2014 - 02:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users