2733 replies to this topic

#1 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

We were there.

We were there when the smoke cleared, when the gates were drawn and treachery marched through. We were there.

We couldn't have known what was to come, but we knew when it happened. The voice ringing through scattered static, we knew. All hearts stopped upon the rhythym of his rhyme...........do I see my father, Lo there,.......... mother, my sisters and brothers,.........do I see the line......back to the.........Lo, they do call to me, they
..........among them, In.........Valhalla where the brave may live........
The silence after haunts us still.

Our friend, our comrade in arms, our brother. He was many things, and "Leader" was only one. Colonel Chris "Eagle" Waddell, you are not forgotten. We do not forget. We will never forget.

[With the signing of the Concord of Kapteyn, 13th of October 3022,Houses Kurita, Marik and Liao entered into a three sided agreement calling for an end to hostilities and mutual support in training and intelligence.

The shaky alliance failed to truly reconcile Houses Marik and Liao, however, who continued to raid each other with deniable mercenary assets. One of these "assets" were the Atlas Hunters, led by Col. Chris "Eagle" Waddell, stationed on the planet Repulse, near Marik space.

In 3037, the Atlas Huntersentered into a contract with House Liao for a period of 3 years, to "enforce the border claims" of House Liao concerning House Marik. For all intents and purposes, it was a license to raid/harass the outposts of House Marik. Throughout, the campaign had proven lucrative for all parties, and the Atlas Hunters had gained notoriety so much so, that their achievements reached the ears of Chancellor Romano Liao in 3039. Most noteworthy were the tactics that the Atlas Hunters employed, primarily the concept of "Controlled Chaos" and their extraordinary skills in destroying opposing Atlas mechs. It is not known from where these tactics were mined, but it is believed the writings of U.S. General George S. Patton were the source of inspiration. Interestingly, The Clan legend Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky was known to have a keen interest in the former Earth General's writings also.

With the growing attention of the Atlas Hunters, a group of military advisors were dispatched by House Liao to observe the workings of the mercenary group. Romano Liao had hoped to gain some insight into their effectiveness and determine if their tactics were viable on a larger scale.

With successes against the planets Pilpella, Calseraigne, Sadum, Cursa, Claybrooke and Lurgstan, theAtlas Hunters were faced with a difficult proposition. They could raid either Lopez, or the larger, more glittering prize - Andurien. With much deliberation, Andurien was determined to be the target; the last "hurrah" of a contract fulfilled.

On the 31st of March 3040, the Atlas Hunters made their final approach to Andurien space. What occurred during the hours prior to dropping to the surface are still a mystery; without doubt there were violent exchanges between the leadership of the Atlas Hunters and House Liao observers. Witnesses reported numerous altercations wherein the personnel of House Liao required attention at the ship's medical bays.

OFFICIAL REPORT, HOUSE LIAO, CONFIDENTIAL:

On the 1st of April 3040, the raid upon Andurien by the mercenary unit Atlas Hunters commenced. All dropships landed safely and all personnel/equipment were dispatched without incident. Approximately 1 hour into the maneuver, light forces were encountered and the ensuing conflict resulted in our units suffering no casualties. By mid-day, several population centers had been overrun, in what appeared to be little - if no resistance. This was counter to all intelligence of the military strength we had gathered concerning Andurien. The main target of the operation was a depository believed to warehouse precious metals, and/or uranium. All previous locales investigated had proven unfruitful. During the final approaches, communications between the units and our personnel became increasingly disrupted. It is believed that solar flare activity within the star system was responsible for these fluctuations. At one point, all communication was lost for approximately 15 minutes and upon reaquiring contact, the Atlas Hunters units were in disarray. Numerous casualties were noted and opposing forces far outnumbered the surviving units. Withdrawal of these units was deemed impractical and the operation was abandoned. Escape from Marik space was immediately initiated. Atlas Hunters losses: 100%. Operation Failed.

NOTE As directed, all property of the defunct Atlas Hunters has been seized and turned over to the state for dispositioning - 'as needed for the war effort.'

We were there. We saw what shouldn't have been, the markings of our employer among those who stood against us. Unforgettably green, with the hand of Judas upon it. House Liao? No, House Judas would fit proper, let their shame be their legacy. We were there. We witnessed the numbers set against us. We heard the calls of our brothers slipping into that eternity. When all had fallen, but one, a lone light standing amidst the littered field, our leader. Our friend, against the masses. A testament to our brotherhood, the words he spoke we join in also, this time for all to hear:

"Lo there, do I see my father,
Lo there, do I see my mother, my sisters and brothers,
Lo there, do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning,
Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever."......................... - Old Viking War Chant

Colonel Chris "Eagle" Waddell, you are not forgotten. We do not forget. We will never forget.

Upon defeat on the battlefield, all mechs were searched for survivors. Many of the pilots had ejected, the majority of whom were never found by Liao forces. Years passed, and the tale of the Atlas Hunters remained as House Liao reported. Recently, the survivors have begun banding back together, to right all wrongs. No longer the tramps, the scavengers in hiding, hunted men without a home. There is a time for everything, the time to settle old scores has come!

Begin transmission
Comstar HPG txt file com.
Origin:Ningp, Cappellan Confederation space.
Destination: AH compound, Outreach.

Yes, it looks like him.
He’s grown a little fatter, with a bit more grey in his hair since last time I saw him, but that is him all right.
The nondescript soldier sitting by himself in the corner of the room. A little dishevelled and unkempt tanker jumpsuit. Looks can be deceiving. His back to the wall, eyes alert whenever someone enters the bar or when a notable movement occurs within 30 feet of him. Once a scout, always a scout it seems.
I’m taking note of that clean spots where unit patch should have been shows that his discipline hearing did not go well. I am not surprised. He always had trouble with authority once his passion ran high. And if the rumours are true, I am surprised he has not killed anybody yet.
The number of empty glasses on the table tells me he either is very very drunk, or he is not alone.
I took a chance and grabbed the nearest chair and sat down in front of him and sat down.
He did not seem to react, but I saw his shoulder tense and and his right hand positioned for an unrestricted access to his right wrist, where I know he hides a nasty little dagger.

It’s been a while Soldier. I see that you go by Tanker Fragg now?

That’s what the nametag says.

To put it bluntly son, you look like shit. No in fact, shit looks nice than that. I read about you in the news recently. Any truth to that?

I’m all about the truth sir. As always. he says with a hint of a smile.

The last ten years have not been kind to you, but you’ve kept a low profile… until now. Anything made you change your ways?
He gives me a haunted look, and speaks with a voice full of ten years worth of pain.
You remember what happened on Andurien Sir? Of course you do, you were there, we all were. But you were not THERE there. You were not there, cut off from the other, with your recon lance, seeing your mates get butchered.
When we got in that hangar to investigate the source of the radiation, you did not find yourself looking down the barrel of a Gauss rifle ready to end your life with the twitch of a finger.
If not for Lady Kestrel, my Saga would have ended right there. But no, I have lived the last ten years remembering her knocking my mech down to push me out to the line of fire. I remember her cockpit crumbling under the weight and velocity of a hundred kilos of nickel shot from the gauss that was meant for me.
Then, there was Raven, fast and efficient, as always, his mech dancing between laser shots. He even took down a pair of hunchbacks before losing his legs to a sneaking Hatchetman.
And what an enemy it was, we expected the purple bird of Marik. That would have made sense. But no, as I punched out, I saw something that froze my blood… the green Dragon of house Da Da Chi.
Granted, they were righteous ********. And yes, we sent a few to the mech bay. But none with permanent damage. And we were still on the same side. Their betrayal came from higher up. Nobody executes a plan like that just because of a barrack brawl.

It took me months of hiding and evading before I could get off world.
I raided their supplies, tried to save as many of our people as possible. But that was not enough. Every Mech pilot they found was executed on the spot. Our techs pressed into service to refurbish our own mechs, before being used for target practice.
Our cadets, kids, women… Thinking about it made me want to kill every cappy I see… I still do.

Is that why you blew your cover? You know they will be coming for you now.

I know, and let them come. I’m done hiding. I will go down, but I will go down fighting. This is our way, and this is the Northwind way.

But still, ramming a mech with a hovertank, from a cliff, at full speed… was that really worth it? Your CO’s report days you disobeyed a direct order and did crazy stuff only to go out on a mental disability pension.

And you had to claim that mech as salvage?

With all due respect Sir, this is horseshit. Sure, it was only maneuver to familiarise our light tank recon battalion working in support of mech forces… but Cappellan mech forces… and not just any mech.
That mech. I know it, I have always known it and if somebody had any right to ram a freakin Edgar on it’s head, it’s me. It’s Harrasser Sir, I know that mech to the last bolt. I know how it walks, I recognized it’s limp… that hip actuator has always been twitchy. And it turns out Cappellan techs are not better than ours. It is still bad. But it’s mine.
So I challenged the clown that was piloting it, and he accepted the challenge. I won. And I have a witness. That mech is mine again. Or at least it should be if those arseholes had not decided to steal it from me.

Disgraceful conduct they said, never work for any merc or house unit again they said.
Well, I don’t give a rat’s ass anymore. I have been dispossessed for the last ten years, and now I am a tanker without a Tank.

I may have an alternative for you son. The time for hiding is over. Now is the time for Revenge. We have waited long enough. It is now time to fly again and strike back. Osprey is on Outreach picking up new recruits. And I am here to pick you and some other stuff up.
This is very kind of you to think of me. But maybe you did not notice, but I am just Fragg, a humble Tanker without a tank who used to ran his scout lance into an ambush that got them all killed. What use can I be?

This is where you are wrong. You are Thunderbird. You are a veteran scout lance pilot and you have just the right amount of crazy in you to jump right in and contribute in The Plan.

And have I told you? I just bought myself a Commando with a J.Edgar embedded in the cockpit. I think you will want to take it for a ride once we replace the head of course.

Sir!, it will be my pleasure, said Thunderbird as he rose from his seat.
And my I offer a recommendation?

He points behind me. Where a big blond man wearing the same uniform he is, missing patches and all, stands ready for action, whatever that might be.

This is Hammenator, my wingman. Great tanker, great shot, and doing very well in mech simulations. Got kicked out of the unit by my fault, it is only right that I get him a new one.

I think I might work something out son.
Thunderbird, Welcome back to the Atlas Hunters. Today, you take the first of many steps that will make Liao and his crazy offsprings regret of ever betraying us…

++ So there it is Gunny, I found T-Bird and he’s bringing a friend. We’ll be back home in 2 months to start training with your new recruits.
Fly high and shoot true my friend.

IronHawk.

End Transmission

http://atlashunters.enjin.com/home

Edited by CMO Gunny Kintaro, 12 April 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#2 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Check us out !

#3 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

From one recruiting officer to another, bump often and have lots of patience. Good luck with your recruiting!

#4 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

Thank you ! Any help is welcome !

#5 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hey Gunny, you may also update this first post with our enjin site address: atlashunters.enjin.com

You like to dance with death and wish for the most challenging missions? All for the glory of the fight, a bunch of daredevil friends and a meager paycheck?

Trust only the professionals!
Posted Image

#6 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

;) Atlas Hunters. A bit of a crazy bunch. Experienced pilots seeking 'Mech hunting challenges for profit. Been honoring our contracts since 3039! And we don't intend to stop...

We are recruiting so feel free to drop your application in our Recruitment section.

See you on the battlefield! <_< :ph34r:

#7 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

come fill out a app today and become one of the ~AH~ http://atlashunters.enjin.com/

#8 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

I have posted our AH art on the site. Make sure to come see our AH concept art repaints. Will soon post wallpaper art too.

#9 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Looking forward to seeing that ! The site looks great... Come check us out at http://atlashunters.enjin.com/

#10 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

ATLAS HUNTERS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING RECRUITS!

Fill Out A App Today At http://atlashunters.enjin.com/

#11 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

well good night all. I hope to see you tomorrow . feel free to stop in and fill out a app @ http://atlashunters.enjin.com/home

#12 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone Stop In And Check Us Out at http://atlashunters.enjin.com/

#13 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

I am going to look back on these days of empty barracks, and the few mechs in the mech bays with fond memory's ..
we may have lost a founder AND A GREAT FRIEND and as painful as that is we have found our heart again and are seeing this unit rebuilt... Atlas Hunters have faced many of foes.. have had many of heart ache, lost brothers at arms.. but we are still here , we are still strong, we still hunt the great tin head... no Atlas is safe while we are still drawing breath ... soon new blood will fill these great halls.. we will teach them the true meaning of being a ~AH~ ... it will do my heart good to hunt in the MIGHTY PACK of ATLAS HUNTERS. I am proud to have come home and found a strong brother one of the last great warriors IronHawk you have done us all proud .. hopefully the others will come home soon ! but if no one comes in that door, I will stand proud and fight to the last next to your side my brother. <S> ~AH~

Come Join Us Become One Of The Atlas Hunters! http://atlashunters.enjin.com/home

#14 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

Good to see the return of the Atlas Hunters! The Seraphim salute you and hope to be able to train with you one day in the near future. :)

#15 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

These guys are a lot of fun to run with. It would be cool to train against them one day Alex. I have to say I would feel sorry for any atlai that we bring then.

#16 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

THANK YOU GUYS! Your some of the best friends Anyone could ask for !

#17 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

That day will be coming soon I hope as well! <S> To the Seraphim for being such a solid Group We thank you for your support ! In days to come we will fight by your side. You Have forged a friendship with me for life and I will honor it For All Time!

#18 Aaron Knight

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Just stopping by to say hello. I am, by the way, greatly amused by the, "On Target, On time, On Budget" poster.

Blessings.

#19 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

My brother Ironhawk does some pretty neat stuff! Thank you for stopping In ! <S>

#20 Maverick 69

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have no doubt that any unit which receives Gunny's endorsement is a great bunch! Best of luck to you all and look forward to seeing you on the field of honor!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users