8 replies to this topic

#1 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

As per title, I would recommend the Speed Reduction Quirk removed from the Pretty Baby.

There are now other mechs (Victor / Battlemaster) in the same weight category, that can approach similar speeds without the negative quirk. The Pretty Baby can't be considered P2W by anyone and should not be a concern.

Please help make it a viable Hero mech. Especially for those of us who purchased it. Note I didn't say competitive, even just viable. EVEN compared to it's brother, the 9M.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Wouldn't be nearly enough - it would still be one of the worst mechs in the game - but that's no reason not to help it.

If anything, I'd give it substantial agility buffs. It needs something, being an awesome, with spectacularly poor hard points. Nothing else going for it.

#3 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

*poke*

Really now...

Please?

Idea - hotfix it when the Pretty Baby goes on for 50% off. :)

#4 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

*SIGH*

Okay here is it. the pretty baby has a slower speed gain, AND loss. this means the pretty baby can climb certain hills better then the other awesome variants, this can also be said of the oxide, to "compensate" the lack of jumpjets.

Faster acceleration means faster deceleration, So think before you post, those 'mechs lacking jump jets actually benefit from the lower acceleration/deceleration

#5 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

i cant believe i spent $40 on this pile of @#$@

it really needs to be looked at and a few simple things like taking away that shitty reduction is a start

or

start rolling out the quirks the other mechs suppose to have.

the pb is currently the only mechs with some bs negative quirk.

#6 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostOnlystolen, on 16 April 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

Okay here is it. the pretty baby has a slower speed gain, AND loss. this means the pretty baby can climb certain hills better then the other awesome variants, this can also be said of the oxide, to "compensate" the lack of jumpjets.

Faster acceleration means faster deceleration, So think before you post, those 'mechs lacking jump jets actually benefit from the lower acceleration/deceleration

What are you talking about? It's acceleration is unchanged vs other AWS. It's the deceleration that has a quirk.
Why are we talking about Jump Jets? It's an Awesome, none of them have them. :lol:

#7 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

Don't dare touch one of my favourite mechs! The only reason people think it sucks is cause it's some kind of popular forum opinion and like most other "facts" in these forums people just latch on to that and go with it cause forming your own opinion is too hard

Quirks are fine because of reasons stated by OnlyStolen. Hardpoints are sparse and I will admit it took me a few different loadouts before I found my favourite one, but man, it rips. It can fit a huge engine and if you aren't doing that you may as well just buy a regular Awesome

Maybe when people gain the ability think up builds that don't involve 3 or 4 of the same weapon they will realize how effective many of the "crappy" chassis actually are.

View PostTheStrider, on 16 April 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

What are you talking about? It's acceleration is unchanged vs other AWS. It's the deceleration that has a quirk.
Why are we talking about Jump Jets? It's an Awesome, none of them have them. :lol:

He's bang on actually/

If you increase the acceleration of it (by removing the quirk) you also increase the deceleration. Which means when you try to climb a hill you "lose steam" much faster. The PB's quirk allows it to keep momentum over hills and such better than other mechs. It also means it's harder to play peek-a-boo over hilltops and corners but hey... +'s and -'s abound

#8 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Inb4 Koniving (not sure how that is even possible): Tried this weird mech on the test server. It does go up hills remarkably well. You should not stop in it because you will die before you accelerate back up, but boy, does it move once it goes. Removing that quirk would make the PB worse, not better. Then it would really become a 9M with a shitty hardpoint layout.

Edited by Modo44, 16 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#9 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Have you guys driven it? Have you compared it's maneuverability to the AWS-9M? I own both at Master level.

So what you are telling me is that you would trade a bit more hill climb ability for something that kills you everywhere else? Really, the deceleration quirk feels like you need to be drunk to drive it right.

I hope you aren't confusing it's hill climb ability with the fact all AWS are classed as a Large (Heavy) instead of Huge (Assault) for hill climb ability. Any AWS climbs better than any other assault. (Not counting JJ of course! :lol: )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users