"strip Mech" Option

16 replies to this topic

#1 Mighty Virtus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

I've noticed when I've used this new feature, the equipment I've "stripped" disappears from my inventory altogether, i.e., gotta re-buy it...Is this the case here or am I misinterpreting things?

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

The equipment disappears until you force the list to update. Nothing gets lost, it is a display bug.

#3 Megadeathx

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

It is not just display. If you try to re-equip your equipment (such as an engine) then it asks you to buy a new one. Maybe you get that engine back, I'm not willing to spend the cbills to find out.

#4 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

Haven't had any problem with the strip mech feature. I choose strip mech, check equipment and modules, and then I use the checkout button to save it. I move over to the loadout screen of the mech I want to fill with the previous mech's equipment and/or modules and they're there to be used.

The only thing I can think of is stripping the mech and not saving it, then going back into the mech's loadout screen to see item quantities. You might have an issue with the stripped items still essentially being in the 'strip mech' bag and not the inventory.

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

I haven't had that issue. You need to make sure you check out once you strip a mech, but the MLs that I stripped off the mech I ran "strip" on seemed to show up.

Then again, I stripped the mech and then sold it, so it's possible that released any "hidden" gear.

#6 drunkenjawa

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I've noticed the same thing - stripped mechs seem to be missing the engine from the equipment list when I go to re-equip it. I'm the same as megadeathx - don't want / can't afford the c-bills to find out whether it's just a bug or not and the engines end up in the equipment screen after saving the loadout. I just strip what I need manually at the moment to save the potential rage lol.

Might try on a cheap engine that I don't mind using to see if it's indeed just a display bug or not. Hopefully it is!

#7 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

You can always send an email to support@mwomercs.com and ask them to check your inventory and see if the missing engine is actually gone or just not visible.

#8 Erik Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I don't know if there is some magic involved in reseting the inventory, but my stuff is GONE gone. Millions of c-bills worth of engines, weapons, and equipment. Poof!

#9 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, I've experienced it to.

But I do think the "Strip Mech" function should be expanded to include:

"Strip Weapons"
"Strip Armor"
"Strip Equipment"

As well as a "Max Armor" function

#10 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Strip armor is a real rip off. I did that then saved. Had to rebuy 80k worth of armor.

#11 Drahgo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I have stripped the two mechs I own and everything shows up in inventory no problem

#12 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

I've run into this too - it's a known bug. I've never "checked out" when it happens, so I'm not sure if there is a way to recover it or not.

Edited by Buckminster, 02 April 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#13 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

strip -> checkout to force inventory update -> loadout

don't try to strip and then do loadout before checkout. it causes bugs

#14 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

View PostMegadeathx, on 21 February 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

It is not just display. If you try to re-equip your equipment (such as an engine) then it asks you to buy a new one. Maybe you get that engine back, I'm not willing to spend the cbills to find out.

Have you tried using the "Check Out" (or whatever Amazon-esque thing they call it) button, THEN seeking out the removed parts in inventory? Just trying to get a clear picture of what you're saying is all...

#15 Blake Miles

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA-Ohio

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

Having the same problem. Upgraded to double heat sinks put some in the motor and poof-critical slot violation or whatever. it strips my stuff but it is not in my inventory. Don't want to but a new one as IF I get the other one cannot sell it back dollar for dollar. WHAT is the problem?

#16 Blake Miles

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA-Ohio

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

BNo you are not imaging things. I am in process of getting sex without the benefit of a kiss too. It is not something that can be "forced" in all situations as I have tried that and alas no motor with two double heat sinks still gone. Sent an e-mail to support but not holding my breath.

#17 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

I've had this seem to happen to me but hitting 'save' and/or logging out and then restarting MW always fixed it in one way or another. I haven't ever actually lost things.

So, yeah. Make sure you restart at least once before you panic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users