1007 replies to this topic

#961 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 July 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

ECM is a defensive measure, not an offensive one. An ECM can't kill anything, it can't fight, it just consumes weight.

The X-5 could use enlarging tubes, but so long as it's twin tubes, you have straight firing pinpoint BULLETs for missiles.

SRM-6s without spread?
Heck yeah.

I thought I heard/read somewhere that the spread was the same regardless of tube-count geometry, so that if you mounted the/max launcher with minimal tubes you didn't get the advantage of the tighter grouping.

So an LRM20 on those 2-tube missile points would have the same missile spread, but fired in a 2-missile, 10-salvo chain. Wish I could find/remember where I ran across that--M.W.O. Warroom maybe?

#962 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 30 July 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I thought I heard/read somewhere that the spread was the same regardless of tube-count geometry, so that if you mounted the/max launcher with minimal tubes you didn't get the advantage of the tighter grouping.

So an LRM20 on those 2-tube missile points would have the same missile spread, but fired in a 2-missile, 10-salvo chain. Wish I could find/remember where I ran across that--M.W.O. Warroom maybe?

#963 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Back then it was true for LRMs because LRMs made wavy flight patterns.

Now it's not.

#964 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 July 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Now it's not.

Cool, thanks for the vids, Koniving.

Edited by Virlutris, 30 July 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#965 Scavenger77

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 July 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Now it's not.

Impressive! I'm really impressed. I hope, one day i will be so efficient like you. Many thanks for sharing the video with us.

Edited by Scavenger77, 30 July 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#966 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

View PostScavenger77, on 30 July 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Impressive! I'm really impressed. I hope, one day i will be so efficient like you. Many thanks for sharing the video with us.

Thank you. Kinda making me blush, as that isn't really all that impressive (maybe for a 40 ton mech).

That kind of performance easily comes out of most joke builds like this one. (Vid is long but hilariously whimsical).

If we're going for decent gameplay that you're trying to learn from (rather than just showing how little if non-existent missile spread is with two missile tubes), I'd much rather you look at this vid.

(Kinda-sorta still manages to be relevant to the topic; it's the performance of a Yen Lo Wang).

#967 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Loving the X5 with the XL330, 1x ppc, and 3x ml.

ETA: Finally got a Golden Boy on sale to and glad I did... it is a beast.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 01 August 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#968 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Looks like all of the Steiner faction specific mechs are on sale this weekend. 35% off by my calculation.

#969 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Also posted in OP:

Notice: Today (8/8/14) marks my final update of this thread. There are three reasons for this:

1) Every sale for the last several months has been announced and mech sales now show on Smurfy, so this is now somewhat irrelevant which exacerbates

2) It takes more time than you'd think and daily check-in as well and

3) The most recent round of nerfs were a bit of a "final straw" for me. While I don't think they're as awful as some changes, they are yet another example of misguided, heavy-handed whack-a-mole changes that address symptoms and not causes (and only sometimes succeed in addressing symptoms). While I'm too direct to ever have been the whitest of knights, whatever claim I had to that title I no longer wish to have and thus I'm no longer willing to support PGI by "advertising" as this thread does.

I intend to reduce my participation in these forums to near-zero for the same reasons.

#970 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

nvm

Edited by Sky Hawk, 08 August 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#971 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 08 August 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Also posted in OP:

Notice: Today (8/8/14) marks my final update of this thread. There are three reasons for this:

1) Every sale for the last several months has been announced and mech sales now show on Smurfy, so this is now somewhat irrelevant which exacerbates

3) The most recent round of nerfs were a bit of a "final straw" for me. While I don't think they're as awful as some changes, they are yet another example of misguided, heavy-handed whack-a-mole changes that address symptoms and not causes (and only sometimes succeed in addressing symptoms). While I'm too direct to ever have been the whitest of knights, whatever claim I had to that title I no longer wish to have and thus I'm no longer willing to support PGI by "advertising" as this thread does.

I intend to reduce my participation in these forums to near-zero for the same reasons.

Thanks for all the updates since the inception of this thread.

I feel quite like you that this may have been one of those "last straw" moments. Never been a user of the meta builds but it does highlight whackamole attitude to balancing the game. I'm basically playing very little anyway though so whatever...

#972 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

(sad quit)

Thanks for keeping it up as long as you did. tt's been a useful source of information for the community.

#973 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Great work. Sometimes it is time to pass the torch. GL HF in your future endeavors.

#974 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

hey man,
great work! I made it a habit to check your post every day.
All the best man

#975 Siej

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIn your base, drinking your coffee.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Also posted in OP:

Thanks so very much for running this thread as long as you did. I had it bookmarked and everything. It was really appreciated.

#976 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Also posted in OP:

Notice: Today (8/8/14) marks my final update of this thread.

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date on the sales. It has been much appreciated.

Jody

#977 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

FYI, Summoners are on sale for both MC (15% off) and C-Bills 13-14m, depending on the variant.

CBill sale has ended.

Edited by Mizeur, 12 August 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#978 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

So I'm not seeing any announcements, but it seems like there's going to be a Marik sale today. The Marik cockpit items are on sale, and so are the following mechs, with a C-Bill discount at, apparently, 33%:

Spoiler

Those are all of the Mechs that I'm seeing on sale.

Hopefully this sale hasn't actually been going on all week that I haven't noticed and I'm just embarrassing myself by posting this. All in all, there's never any reason to complain about a C-Bill sale. I might use this opportunity to get the 9S that I missed out on, or another Awesome to help towards my progression of mastering the chassis.

If you check your Challenges page (Profile > Stats > Challenges) you can see that there will be another opportunity to win a Mechbay this weekend. Who knows what this Marik challenge holds in store.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 15 August 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#979 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 15 August 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

So I'm not seeing any announcements....

Announcements up.

#980 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip