This Website Suffers From Poor Communication.

Answered

11 replies to this topic

#1 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

I've been coming here less and less because I get more info from FB, Twitter, Reddit, and NGNG. Not sure who's in charge of managing the site but they need help or replaced.

Info should be distributed in this priority

Main Site > Twitter >FB >NGNG (yes I like they do the community interviews but they are never posted to the site. Nothing against NGNG (you guys rock)

#2 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

Yeah, been a huge problem for years. PGI just doesn't mind and the obscurity of the available information serves them so people don't find so easily what has been promised. For example, I haven't seen a single link to The Plan from the web pages except Russ' post. And has The Plan even been updated?

The only way I've kept myself up to date about MWO events is this thread at Star Citizen forums, which seems to contain most MWO news in one place:

https://forums.rober...-transpire-here

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

While I can see why you feel there needs to be more communicaton, this is not really the appropiate place for it. This forum is about issues with the website and/or forum, so if the MC checkout is broken or the page formatting is broken, this is the place. The website guru may be responsible for construction/maintenance of the site but is not untimately resonsible for the content that needs to be created or the dev posts you want to read.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostRasc4l, on 22 February 2014 - 02:46 AM, said:

And has The Plan even been updated?

Yes, when UI2.0 was released. When other major features are added, it will be updated again.

#5 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

I wonder if Niko was in charge, we would see a change in information on this site.

Edited by Geist Null, 22 February 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#6 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 22 February 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

While I can see why you feel there needs to be more communicaton, this is not really the appropiate place for it. This forum is about issues with the website and/or forum, so if the MC checkout is broken or the page formatting is broken, this is the place. The website guru may be responsible for construction/maintenance of the site but is not untimately resonsible for the content that needs to be created or the dev posts you want to read.

"Support and Feedback" my post would qualify as feed back... Do people even read?

#7 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 03 April 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

You rang?

We'll be looking to better address this concern. We may occasionally give exclusives in the form of new info in response to a Tweet or a special announcement on a PodCast event, but in most of these cases, we will be working to coordinate so that the information is released on the same day on our website outlet.

How is the official Developer Tracker that Helmer mentioned a few months ago coming along? That would be a drastic improvement, as we could then see what you guys ARE responding to, instead of praying that we find a response to something occasionally.

#8 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Guys take a serios look at Mojang's site.
A dev tweet tracker. Everything a Dev. tweets is in the side bar. You guys need this ASAP.

#9 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostJacob Side, on 07 April 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Guys take a serios look at Mojang's site.
A dev tweet tracker. Everything a Dev. tweets is in the side bar. You guys need this ASAP.

For the search impaired, what is the link to Mojangs site?

#10 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

https://mojang.com/

#11 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

The MWO front page has a twitter feed it's just polluted too much with non-MWO stuff like speak of the devil right now we get:

DJCanRock
RT @mwomusiclabel: 🔊 DO YOU HAVE YOUR TICKET TO #SHAGGFEST !?! #MWO will be performing!! 🙌 June 7th! http://t.co/TOzFb00A4S
Posted 5 hours ago on Twitter

#12 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 07 April 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Please refer to http://mwomercs.com/...answer-tracker/

I can neither confirm nor deny that we have contracted an Elemental team to keep Helmer securely fastened to a device designed to process all dev posts through his brain until we have an official resolution to this issue.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users