Welcome To The Gunshow....

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Ofcourse any mech can be effective if you play to their strengths.

I played pretty conservatively (especially after my torso armor was stripped away), waiting for the opportunities to show themselves instead of forcing the issue, and it paid off nicely.

I equipped my 9M with:
3 LPL's
355XL
1.6 HE
79ish max Speed.

This is my first time using this particular loadout on my Awesome. It was actually VERY effective all night. The 3 LPL's put the fear of God in the scouts and did wonders dissecting larger mechs, while the great heat efficiency allowed me to pew pew pretty much at will.

Not the greatest mech for the uber-aggressive type of pilot, but is a lot of fun and consistent if you're in a conservative mood.

Posted Image

#2 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Good to see other Liao pilots doing well in AWSs, despite it being more of a FWL mech. I run the 8Q and more recently the 8V. The 8Q I'm pretty comfortable with already, the 8V still needs some getting used to 3xLL 2xASRM6 1xASRM4.

You're spot on about being conservative, which leads to my 8Q being more survivable than most would expect.

Hope to see you on the houseliaovoice TS server sometime, would be glad to drop with you.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 23 February 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#3 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Well done. Well Done. -_-

#4 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Get Your Tickets Get Your Tickets!!!

Tickets to the GunShow B)

#5 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

View Posttorturous, on 25 February 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

Get Your Tickets Get Your Tickets!!!

Tickets to the GunShow :D

And bring the whiskey and cigars....to share with your brethern

#6 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Awesome match in my Centurion...killed 1 cataphract, 1 catapult, 1 thunderbolt, an almost 100% orion, a cicada, and a jaeger. Ran out of ammo on my LB10 and SRMs and ran like hell. FUN.

Posted Image

#7 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

I love Centurions! Awesome balance of firepower, maneuverability and armor.

For some reason I don't have a Yen-Lo-Wang ... maybe because I have 4 other Centurions, but at this point I might as well go all the way...

#8 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

I love centurions too, one of my favorite all-around, and one of the most forgiving mechs out there. That mech has dragged me out A LOT of bad decisions :angry: The CN9D has given me some of the best matches I've ever played.....even when I die, it's just so much fun to pilot.

#9 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

View Postgunshow84, on 23 February 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

I played pretty conservatively (especially after my torso armor was stripped away), waiting for the opportunities to show themselves instead of forcing the issue, and it paid off nicely.

This is my first time using this particular loadout on my Awesome. It was actually VERY effective all night. The 3 LPL's put the fear of God in the scouts and did wonders dissecting larger mechs, while the great heat efficiency allowed me to pew pew pretty much at will.

:
Figured I'd give this a try and started using a similar build:

3 LpLs,
XL385
BAP
1.54 HE
85.5kph

Then I lost my mind and added Improved Gyros, LpL Range 2, and Target Info modules.

This thing is a kill vulture. Very accurate damage right where it needs to go.

It's been more effective against Lights than any SSRM boats I've used. I've legged more mechs this week than I have in two years of playing.

#10 Kokobutta

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostSug, on 02 April 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

:
Figured I'd give this a try and started using a similar build:

3 LpLs,
XL385
BAP
1.54 HE
85.5kph

Then I lost my mind and added Improved Gyros, LpL Range 2, and Target Info modules.

This thing is a kill vulture. Very accurate damage right where it needs to go.

It's been more effective against Lights than any SSRM boats I've used. I've legged more mechs this week than I have in two years of playing.

Glad it worked well for you too....I continue to have great success with this mech, especially against the lights. I'm still running my original configuration on my Awesome, but I might tweak it and try out yours.

I completely forgot about the improved gyros and LPL 2 upgrades, I'll have to invest in those too!

#11 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

#12 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

View Postgunshow84, on 03 April 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

I completely forgot about the improved gyros and LPL 2 upgrades, I'll have to invest in those too!

I still use the range but I switched out the gyros for a seismic. Got tired of getting blindsided or going around the wrong corner. Might switch the range for the gyro, or maybe an Advanced Zoom. Not sure if 363m vs 350m is worth the module.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users