Every Mech Can Be Good...in The Right Situation.

74 replies to this topic

#21 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Some chassis* and variants are, unfortunately, inferior. But a great pilot may be able to overcome the mech's limitations and still shine.

Just because it's bragging time, the last one of my two matches today:
Posted Image

* like the Locust, Trebuchet and Awesome.

PS: no I'm not from CC but having a Capellan ex-wife should count for something...

PPS: and yes, that score with an Atlas is not that impressive...

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 February 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Yeah. You are still the smallest Great House.

Steiners... only size matters.

#22 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Posted Image

Last on for me. Awesome 8Q before the hitbox fix. :3

#23 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 27 February 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Posted ImageHouse Davion. Using the Locust to win games. :D

This, I can respect.

Size has little to do with whether or not we're a failing state.

#24 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Aye, the smallest.

Also the sneakiest, nastiest and all around best military out there.

Not even the Federated Commonwealth can crack us.

Get off the Liao forum. I don't go to your house and crap in the yard.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 27 February 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#25 Scav3ng3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 27 February 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Aye, the smallest.

Also the sneakiest, nastiest and all around best military out there.

Not even the Federated Commonwealth can crack us.

Get off the Liao forum. I don't go to your house and crap in the yard.

Well you should! Show 'em some of that Liao Hospitality we in the FWL know and love!

#26 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

In my opinion the factor on whether or not a chassis is any good is not what it can carry, but the situation it is put in, and the skill of the pilot. I have posted some high numbers both kills and damage in chassis that the community have labeled as sub-par. So i tend to dispense with Meta builds and the popular chassis in general. Overall In the grand scheme of things it makes me a more versatile pilot especially when the time comes for the private leagues to start popping up.

Edited by Outlaw, 27 February 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#27 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostOdanan, on 27 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

PPS: and yes, that score with an Atlas is not that impressive...

Actually it is I would say. Atlases are usually the first targets of opposing teams. And their relatively weak alphas vs other assaults put it at a disadvantage usually. Good job!

#28 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 February 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Um I don't know if you noticed but... I am not a Lyran. I am Lone Wolf and I will remain that way forever. I put no stock in any faction anymore. I will fight with the Inner Sphere in the Invasion but after that, I have a set of rules: I will no allow myself to be hired by: Liao (cause you guys are a bunch of people doomed to fail), Marik (because they helped WoB), or Kruita (because I don't like Dragons or the color red). I will not hire myself to the Lyrans after Katrina/Katherine is in power. I will not be hired by Davion because of Victor (I HATE HIM OKAY SUCK IT AND DEAL WITH IT). I will be forced to take the Clan's side during Civil war but leave right after and go back to Merc life).

The fist in your signature looks pretty Lyran. :lol:

So, you will be hired by the Clans? Good job with that. :).

#29 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

For ourselves, we will we retain factional purity.

We will keep the background alive in our unit's functionality if nothing else.

#30 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Funny how this is a "Post aftermath pics thread" and all we ever get is people who like to stir shit. So, if you are sooo into cannon: House Liao is the only house not to suffer from the Clan invasion. We are the only house to benefit from it. From the ashes of the Jihad we still remain strong. We were the only house to Mothball all of our 'mechs not dismantle them during the Peace before the Darkage.

On a side note: Lone wolf, merc or Faction player, anyone who uses Hesperus, Ilse of Skye, or Tharkad Rangers is a Steiner.

But since this is only a game, maybe you'll post a pic of your aftermath with you as the highest player, perhaps you'll be in a Centurion, or something.

#31 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 February 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I may wear a Hesperus banner but it doesn't mean I support the Lyrans, the same as a Mercenary will allow himself to be hired by the Lyrans but it doesn't mean he one of their supporters. It means we need a pay check so I will hire myself out to this faction because I am loyal to my Unit commander who is a Lyran. Or the same as a person who works for a company that he hates the company he works for but continues to work there cause he needs the paycheck. He is trying to survive.

Yet still no aftermath pic....

#32 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Posted Image

#33 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

I posted an aftermath picture earlier :lol: be back latter with more.

i kinda wonder about high damage output games. does that mean I have not killed my enemy as quickly as possible?
If i only torso hit people and quickly kill them my kill ratio will be high but damage output low. but then again you could put the work in and someone takes that last hit??
I guess, win ratio is probably a better result to show off.... but then you have to be lucky with the pugs you drop with.

#34 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 February 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I may wear a Hesperus banner but it doesn't mean I support the Lyrans, the same as a Mercenary will allow himself to be hired by the Lyrans but it doesn't mean he one of their supporters. It means we need a pay check so I will hire myself out to this faction because I am loyal to my Unit commander who is a Lyran. Or the same as a person who works for a company that he hates the company he works for but continues to work there cause he needs the paycheck. He is trying to survive.

That's weak.

Quit working for a paycheck and join an actual unit.

Contrary to popular belief, mercenaries aren't cool or glamorous. They are dogs who sniff the feet of the Great Houses hoping for handouts.

#35 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Best to date. 3Ac5 Muromets....They kept ignoring me...so I kept firing...all 270 rounds. xD

Posted Image

#36 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 27 February 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

Funny how this is a "Post aftermath pics thread" and all we ever get is people who like to stir shit. So, if you are sooo into cannon: House Liao is the only house not to suffer from the Clan invasion. We are the only house to benefit from it.

You are at the other side of the IS, that's why they didn't knock your door.
And no, you are not the only house not invaded and not the only one to benefit from the Clan Invasion.

#37 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

I gotta find my Awesome 8Q 5 kills pic... Or make a new one.

That said, The Lyran Commonwealth warmly welcomes anyone currently dissatisfied with their governments or civilian life. We promise you the best in health care, private goods and fancy dress parties. If you bring your own Atlas we'll even induct your family into the nobility.

House Steiner: Because the best government is the one that forgets you exist.

#38 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostGearstripper, on 26 February 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Did you get permission to post that from those who were actually *in* that match? ;)

#39 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 February 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Um I don't know if you noticed but... I am not a Lyran. I am Lone Wolf and I will remain that way forever. I put no stock in any faction anymore. I will fight with the Inner Sphere in the Invasion but after that, I have a set of rules: I will no allow myself to be hired by: Liao (cause you guys are a bunch of people doomed to fail), Marik (because they helped WoB), or Kruita (because I don't like Dragons or the color red). I will not hire myself to the Lyrans after Katrina/Katherine is in power. I will not be hired by Davion because of Victor (I HATE HIM OKAY SUCK IT AND DEAL WITH IT). I will be forced to take the Clan's side during Civil war but leave right after and go back to Merc life).

You say you are not a Lyran, but will only work for Lyrans and the 2 factions that don't like mercs? I thought mercs wanted to work for the 'highest bidder', not the only bidder?

But since this is a Liao thread with maps, I'll just leave this here....

Posted Image

#40 Ravnis

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

I believe the most interesting thing I have learned in this thread is everyone else likes to post in the other House forums. Mostly it's trying to recruit or take away from said house to support their own faction.In the end, picking the smallest faction to try and steal from seems silly when there are much larger ponds more well stocked with fish.

Sadly, that Laio map could be said of almost every other faction in a similar fashion.

I chose Laio because I see less of them than any other house. I enjoy the Laio solders as a whole and look forward to working together with them more in the future. If I wanted to be in another House, I would be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users