#21 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 14 September 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

I think that is what he said. If you die, you get all you earned up to your death, and if you reconnect within the time limit, you lose nothing.

He was worried about rewards he earned after death but due to stuff he did before hand (assists, kills, UAV bonuses, etc). I think those all get counted.

#22 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostBront, on 14 September 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

He was worried about rewards he earned after death but due to stuff he did before hand (assists, kills, UAV bonuses, etc). I think those all get counted.

I thought the scenario was that he would launch a UAV, and die, and leave before the UAV gets any bonuses, but then the UAV would detect mechs and get bonuses after he left the game. (Exo Force, I am referring to you as "He" out of habit, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) If the detection happened after leaving the game, I don't think the bonuses would count. Maybe after re-connecting within the 2 minute window?

#23 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

So, to sum up, nobody knows, and there are several theories, but we can actually break them down to two possible outcomes.

1: Only the stuff you do before leaving counts, regardless if you're dead or not when you leave.*
2: You keep everything, as if you did not leave, if you leave after death.

* You keep everything if you leave less than two minutes before match ends, due to the roconnect timer...

Now this is rather important for us to know, besides learning from other players, watcing them for 5+ minutes is a waste of time.

Still, I'd like for a dev or someone who really knows for sure to comment on this.

#24 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

The only real way to find out how well you did is to record the stats of the mech used before battle (Mech XP/GXP) then your base statistics. When your mech gets out of battle instead of just looking for the x2 xp marker you could check your previous score with the updated score.

As far as details go with how well you did compared to how well others did in the battle, you'll just have to stay until the end so you can do just that. Then there's a further breakdown of how well you did as well at the end of the battle on a separate tab to the overall tab.

#25 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

Or take it to Private matches and test...:)

#26 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 September 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Or take it to Private matches and test... :)

Private matches get no xp/c-bills. ;)

#27 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:58 AM

Grab your stats from the stats page, and stick them into Excel. You can work out things like DMG/Match, DMG/Kill, DMG/death etc. If you're feeling extravagant, you can even plot a daily timeline.

#28 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

I would like to have a seperate log writing with some statistics on the client about how we did. So basically the Endgame table and the detail info about assits, tags and destructs and such.

Edited by Lily from animove, 15 September 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#29 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 25 February 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

Instead of immediately disconnecting after death I would really suggest sticking in the game for as long as it might run as you could see something helpful/ be helpful to the still living .

And if you REALLY get bored, just leave for a few minutes to get a lungful of fresh air/ a cup o´ refreshment/ a quick ciggie/ pat the kids/dog/wife on the head or whatever.
If I die prematurely I tend to smoke a cigarette and read a bit and try to be helpful if I can besides^^

I will second everything he said.. if you die early, watch and learn.. watch different mechs, different styles of play, see different weapon set ups, Help out by calling out targets,, or saying how many mechs are in a specific location, and what they are, adding missing limbs, armor ect can be very helpful.

or you could do what he said, take a 5 min break, and do something... But i gotta laugh at all the anti smokers.. Notice not one person said anything about grabbing a snack? Bad diet causes more deaths than cancer/smoking, and the rest combined... Like everything, Moderation is key... a few cigs a week, of the natural sort won't kill, besides hand rolling increases finger dexterity :P

#30 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 September 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

I thought the scenario was that he would launch a UAV, and die, and leave before the UAV gets any bonuses, but then the UAV would detect mechs and get bonuses after he left the game. (Exo Force, I am referring to you as "He" out of habit, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) If the detection happened after leaving the game, I don't think the bonuses would count. Maybe after re-connecting within the 2 minute window?

The reason behind my question was that I am often disconnected during the battle
(very often when I am using C-MGs but this was another thread question).

Yes, 95 percent of the time after I die I stay as a spectator to learn...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users