- - - - -

Finding Out How Well You Did When You Quit Battle Due To Early Death

29 replies to this topic

#1 Worsenary

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

I have no idea how you see a battle report of one you quit when you have died early. (which I've been doing alot of as i havent played for half a year or so, oh the ring rust....)

At present the only way I could see if I had a win is to see if the x2 XP icon has gone.

Any help would be appricated.

#2 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

There is no such feature in this game.

#3 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Instead of immediately disconnecting after death I would really suggest sticking in the game for as long as it might run as you could see something helpful/ be helpful to the still living .

And if you REALLY get bored, just leave for a few minutes to get a lungful of fresh air/ a cup o´ refreshment/ a quick ciggie/ pat the kids/dog/wife on the head or whatever.
If I die prematurely I tend to smoke a cigarette and read a bit and try to be helpful if I can besides^^

#4 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 25 February 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

Instead of immediately disconnecting after death I would really suggest sticking in the game for as long as it might run as you could see something helpful/ be helpful to the still living .

And if you REALLY get bored, just leave for a few minutes to get a lungful of fresh air/ a cup o´ refreshment/ a quick ciggie/ pat the kids/dog/wife on the head or whatever.
If I die prematurely I tend to smoke a cigarette and read a bit and try to be helpful if I can besides^^

I wouldn't encourage smoking. I used to smoke and it really sucks.

If anything, -don't- take the opportunity to have a smoke, I would rather you quit early and start a new match :-p

#5 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sorry, Levon, can´t do that as I don´t really wanna live forever B)

But thanks for your concern plus ....

DONT SMOKE , ITS BAD/EVILLY STINKY/ DETRIMENTAL TO HEALTH AND FEEDS AN INDUSTRY THAT DOESNT NEED IT !

#6 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:06 AM

Does quitting early remove the xp you have accumulated in the match or do you have to stick around to have your kills count. I am just wondering because i always see people log off after getting killed but i stick around just incase. If someone could clarify this that would be great.

#7 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostPuerto Rock Punisher, on 26 February 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Does quitting early remove the xp you have accumulated in the match or do you have to stick around to have your kills count. I am just wondering because i always see people log off after getting killed but i stick around just incase. If someone could clarify this that would be great.

Quitting early means you get any rewards earned up to that point, plus the win/lose bonuses.

You miss out on any future assists (IE, mechs you shot but didn't die till later), and possibly some salvage bonuses.

#8 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

Thanks Bront, now I understand...awesome

#9 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostBront, on 26 February 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Quitting early means you get any rewards earned up to that point, plus the win/lose bonuses.

You miss out on any future assists (IE, mechs you shot but didn't die till later), and possibly some salvage bonuses.

WOW! did not know this. I have been hanging on to see my final scores and assists, but I didn't know being there was a mechanic of it. Really good to know.

#10 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Note, for quiting early, that's only once you have died. If you simply leave early, I think you lose out on the win/loss bonus as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

#11 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hm.

Can any of the PPL at PGI comment on this, as there is a lot of speculations going on.

http://mwomercs.com/...ou-lose-the-xp/
"Posted [/color]09 February 2013 - 05:45 AM
from what I've read.. if you quit of your own volition (not dead), you only get credit up to where you quit. If you die, you get full round xp/cbills you'd have gotten if you sat in spectator mode.

I've not really gone and proved it, but it was from the devs, so.. it seems it doesn't matter if you leave or stay once you're already dead. Staying is just to learn from others."

I'd really like not having to stay and watch every match where I did well early on, but died mid match...

Edited by Serpentbane, 13 September 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

And if you stay til the end of the mech, there is a Detail tab at the top right of the screen, which will show you the number of assists/kills/component destruction/etc.

#13 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

Battlefield had a nice battlereport feature on battlelog - even if you left the game early, the battlereport would be visible with the final score and k/d for each player and even accuracy for the weapons used....

.furthermore, you could save your best battleports so other players could see them and marvel at your glorious stats/epic games.

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostSerpentbane, on 13 September 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Hm.

Can any of the PPL at PGI comment on this, as there is a lot of speculations going on.

http://mwomercs.com/...ou-lose-the-xp/
"Posted [/color]09 February 2013 - 05:45 AM
from what I've read.. if you quit of your own volition (not dead), you only get credit up to where you quit. If you die, you get full round xp/cbills you'd have gotten if you sat in spectator mode.

I've not really gone and proved it, but it was from the devs, so.. it seems it doesn't matter if you leave or stay once you're already dead. Staying is just to learn from others."

I'd really like not having to stay and watch every match where I did well early on, but died mid match...

When the reconnecting feature was added, a 2 minute time limit has been added as well. If you leave/disconnect (while not dead), you have 2 minutes to get back into the game, if you take longer than 2 minutes, you receive ZERO, C-Bills, and XP.

#15 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Personally i believe some players keep doing the same mistakes and keep making bad decisions because they quit mid-match. They don't see the results of their mistakes and bad decisions, nor do they know how the game went.

One such game i was in 3-4 players left early after being taken down, with the score 0-4 or 1-4. We eventually won, but those who left early will never know how the rest recovered and carried us to a win.

#16 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

O.K. gone through several threads, still no definitive answer...

I launch UAV but I am killed after doing that, then I leave the match with UAV still active.
Do I receive UAV bonus (if it reveals enemy) or not?

#17 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

I think the devs should add to EACH mech you own, except trial mechs, the ability to view the last battle-report in the mechlab or skill screens ( it wont make sense to add that to the inventory, as you dont see your founders, phönix or invasion mechs there ! )

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostExoForce, on 14 September 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

O.K. gone through several threads, still no definitive answer...

I launch UAV but I am killed after doing that, then I leave the match with UAV still active.
Do I receive UAV bonus (if it reveals enemy) or not?

If you left before you received the bonuses, you don't get them.

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 September 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

If you left before you received the bonuses, you don't get them.

Not true. I believe you now get any and all bonuses due you as long as you die before you leave (or come back after your dead in the case of a disconnect)

#20 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostBront, on 14 September 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

Not true. I believe you now get any and all bonuses due you as long as you die before you leave (or come back after your dead in the case of a disconnect)

I think that is what he said. If you die, you get all you earned up to your death, and if you reconnect within the time limit, you lose nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users