#41 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 September 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

Ah, the old school centurion charge. easily doable with the YLW, and AH, since for both of those, you aim with your torso, while your shield arm is controlled for protection.

Those two don't have the arm actuators to actually get it done as suggested, but if you can make it work...

I've done something similar to that a lot with my Dragon (without the control button being needed). I would run circles around people and shoot at them as I ran away from the very corner of my screen by using the swinging arms. Made me a difficult target to hit.

#42 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 September 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

Ah, the old school centurion charge. easily doable with the YLW, and AH, since for both of those, you aim with your torso, while your shield arm is controlled for protection.

Doesn't work with the AH. No actuators for lateral arm movement.

#43 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostTim East, on 01 October 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Doesn't work with the AH. No actuators for lateral arm movement.

He's saying in reverse. Use the control button to control your arm, and then shoot from the center cross hairs as your arm is crossed in front of you, by moving your arm targeters to the "edge" of the screen.

Possible, but not as easy.

#44 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostTesunie, on 01 October 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

He's saying in reverse. Use the control button to control your arm, and then shoot from the center cross hairs as your arm is crossed in front of you, by moving your arm targeters to the "edge" of the screen.

Possible, but not as easy.

I don't think I understand properly. Is there a video of this somewhere?

#45 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostTim East, on 01 October 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

I don't think I understand properly. Is there a video of this somewhere?

Not that I am aware of. Basically, you know how you can move your arms independent of your torso? Instead of moving your arm and shooting to a side of your mech, you do it in reverse. You place your arm (shield) in front of your mech by moving it independently of your torso (and the torso locked weapon arm). Not as effective I would imagine, but it's better than nothing.

Still don't know if I'm explaining it right... :wacko:

#46 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostTesunie, on 01 October 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

Not that I am aware of. Basically, you know how you can move your arms independent of your torso? Instead of moving your arm and shooting to a side of your mech, you do it in reverse. You place your arm (shield) in front of your mech by moving it independently of your torso (and the torso locked weapon arm). Not as effective I would imagine, but it's better than nothing.

Still don't know if I'm explaining it right... :wacko:

I don't think the shield arm moves left and right even if the weapon one does not? Unless you mean like aiming down with your side turned to your opponent to protect your leg or something? I know I can just run at the enemy with my shield side facing them and then falcon punch them with my AC20, but you don't necessarily need the ctrl key to do that.

#47 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostTim East, on 01 October 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

I don't think the shield arm moves left and right even if the weapon one does not? Unless you mean like aiming down with your side turned to your opponent to protect your leg or something? I know I can just run at the enemy with my shield side facing them and then falcon punch them with my AC20, but you don't necessarily need the ctrl key to do that.

I tried testing this on the testing grounds... Could not see anything conclusive. (3rd person view locks your arm movement, and I can't see if my arm is moving or not from my cockpit.) May be a project for someone to test in a private match... Otherwise. :huh: *shrug*

Edited by Tesunie, 01 October 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#48 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostTim East, on 01 October 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

I know I can just run at the enemy with my shield side facing them and then falcon punch them with my AC20, but you don't necessarily need the ctrl key to do that.

That's basically it.

View PostTesunie, on 01 October 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

I tried testing this on the testing grounds... Could not see anything conclusive. (3rd person view locks your arm movement, and I can't see if my arm is moving or not from my cockpit.) May be a project for someone to test in a private match... Otherwise. :huh: *shrug*

We should do that.

EDIT: After some running around in the testing grounds, I can say that unless the shield arm's length is shorter than the gun arm's barrel, it's not moving up or down.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 04 October 2015 - 05:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users