Active Clans

38 replies to this topic

#1 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts
  • LocationRelentless Pursuit Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette. Inbound to the Inner Sphere

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Also besides Clan Coyote as I asked previously,what other Clans are there that are currently Active and not one of the Four first wave invading Clans?

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Player run units are active. Technically none of the non-Invaders are a faction (yet), so they technically are not active in thr PGI-led sense. Hell the invaders are not even repped to the same degree that Houses are.

That being said I think almost alll of the current timeline Clans (invader or not) have player led units in some form or fashion.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

You can check here or here for a full list of clans
At the point of 3050 that we are at though, all but 3 (Mongoose Wolverine and Widowmaker) are still active

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Player run units are active.

Clans are one of the factions in Mechwarrior/Battletech - not the term for player-groups ;)

Since he specifically mentioned Coyote, I would assume he knew that

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

I understand the terms Shar.

I believe he is asking about player run units associated with the non invader clans which is what I was referring to.

He is not asking for a list of clans from the lore.

#5 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

many Cannon clan units are present in mwo. Invading clan or not. Though we have no official clan tag or unit markings. Most of us do not care if PGI sanctions us or not. Safe to say a large number of us have long traditions of playing together. All that I have met are very effective units.

I personally feel anyone who questions my units integrity or validity is more than welcome to stand in front of my ERPPC and wait for the flash.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 03 March 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#6 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

As far as currently active MWO player made organizations based on Clans?

Clan Nova Cat is currently active. As is Clan Hell Horses. Clans Wolf, Ghost Bear, Falcons, Smoke Jaguars, and Star Adder, as well. Not sure which others. Status of Diamond Shark is unknown to me. Status of Fire Mandrill unknown to me.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

He is not asking for a list of clans from the lore.

Well he DID ask:

View PostMezlo Mezzerak, on 03 March 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

besides Clan Coyote

Which sounded an awful lot like asking about the canon clans... ;)

But as I missed out on the prior conversation he seems to also be referring to, I bow to your (apparently) superior knowledge

Edited by Shar Wolf, 03 March 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

There are a few non-invading Clans active. The invading Clans of course are more prominent.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 03 March 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

There are a few non-invading Clans active. The invading Clans of course are more prominent.

Just to add to this, what handful I have seen recently: there are two CHH groups and possibly a third gone inactive, at least one CCC, CSV, CSR and one CDS. There are two Star Adder and supposedly a third (but I believe they have gone inactive), and.....two CNC?

I have not seen any units taking the mantle of thr Mandrills, Scorpions or Burrocks and the IH seem to have gone inactive in MWO.

#10 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts
  • LocationRelentless Pursuit Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette. Inbound to the Inner Sphere

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yes all I was asking is if there any active Clan units that are not the top for so to speak cause I see no active recruitment threads. Also I was Khan of Clan hells Horses in open Beta,though I had to leave the game due to medical reasons.

#11 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

the iron serpent and isengrim are both active.

#12 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostMezlo Mezzerak, on 03 March 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yes all I was asking is if there any active Clan units that are not the top for so to speak cause I see no active recruitment threads. Also I was Khan of Clan hells Horses in open Beta,though I had to leave the game due to medical reasons.

Outside of a couple that post in Outreach, many of the non invader units do not choose to openly recruit. My own unit for example, does not maintain a recurring recruiting thread as we are not looking to grow quickly or via a large number of players we have not dropped with previously. Several others I am aware of, are the same in that regard.

View Postjjyn, on 03 March 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

the iron serpent and isengrim are both active.

Are those some sort of Clan unit? They sound like FRR units to me.....in fact the latter definitely is right?

#13 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

I see then if someone wanted to join a Clan Lore Based unit,or create one they would have no real way of knowing if one existed already. Wich is not very helpful to new players or any others trying to do either. Thanks for everyones answers,I will have plenty more questions in the future.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

View PostMezlo Mezzerak, on 03 March 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

I see then if someone wanted to join a Clan Lore Based unit,or create one they would have no real way of knowing if one existed already. Wich is not very helpful to new players or any others trying to do either. Thanks for everyones answers,I will have plenty more questions in the future.

True, but the same could be said for the dozens upon dozens of House and Merc units out there in the IS.

PGI stated categorically, no team can represent one of the factions as the end all of that designation (i.e. no player unit can be "the DCMS" or "the Clan Wolf"). Player units can take on the mantle of a subunit (that's not explicitly banned as PGI controlled), make up variations etc.

You'll see alot of the Clan units have taken on the unit persona of a given Galaxy etc, because there are simply too many teams from those Clans already claiming primacy (all four of the invader Clans have multiple Wolves, Jags, etc).

For those of us involved as Clanners from the non-initial invader category, it is a mixed bag. There are organizations claiming the mantle of entire Clans (i.e. a CHH unit, a CSA unit) but they are biding their time to see how CW is introduced before dealing with the potential "conflict" with PGI over it. At worst, I imagine they will take on a subunit identity.

Others are already sporting a specific unit identity (Trinary, Cluster, Galaxy etc) within an overarching Clan.

GL and welcome back Mez.

#15 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Just to add to this, what handful I have seen recently: there are two CHH groups and possibly a third gone inactive, at least one CCC, CSV, CSR and one CDS. There are two Star Adder and supposedly a third (but I believe they have gone inactive), and.....two CNC?

I have not seen any units taking the mantle of thr Mandrills, Scorpions or Burrocks and the IH seem to have gone inactive in MWO.

Two? If so, it is news to me. Aside from a small group of very closed group players that are rumored to exist and comprise of approximately a Stars worth, if there is another group of Nova Cats they certainly have not contacted us - and we are rather easy to find. o_0

#16 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Two? If so, it is news to me. Aside from a small group of very closed group players that are rumored to exist and comprise of approximately a Stars worth, if there is another group of Nova Cats they certainly have not contacted us - and we are rather easy to find. o_0

The ones I know of carrying CNC "colors" sound very similar to what you describe. They also do not haunt these forums much if at all, so it might well be that they do not know you guys. Given the prevalence of Clan units in previous competitive MW/BT related scenes like VL, NBT-HC et al., I'm not surprised.

#17 Scarlet Tempest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThule System

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Clan Nova Cat is currently active. As is Clan Hell Horses. Clans Wolf, Ghost Bear, Falcons, Smoke Jaguars, and Star Adder, as well. Not sure which others. Status of Diamond Shark is unknown to me. Status of Fire Mandrill unknown to me.

Diamond Shark is active and going. I have talked to a few of them.

#18 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

The ones I know of carrying CNC "colors" sound very similar to what you describe. They also do not haunt these forums much if at all, so it might well be that they do not know you guys. Given the prevalence of Clan units in previous competitive MW/BT related scenes like VL, NBT-HC et al., I'm not surprised.

Agreed. Just like in NBT units that do not know any better show up new on scene and try to claim a units name and heritage. Not to mention the ones that are straight out lieing imposters. In a nuttshell, situation normal. Just like in decades past

#19 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

WidowMakers are active ;) Since 1996 and still Mechen

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

#20 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 04 March 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

Agreed. Just like in NBT units that do not know any better show up new on scene and try to claim a units name and heritage. Not to mention the ones that are straight out lieing imposters. In a nuttshell, situation normal. Just like in decades past

Aye. Saw multiple Clan Wolf, Falcon, and Ghost Bear in MW3 and 4 for example. Still, this star of Nova Cats is a curiosity to me, considering from what little I heard of them they were described as super fanatical and not recruiting. Like a group of extreme lore grongard friends who decided to keep it a closed, self contained entity. Certainly, they are welcome to exist - if they still even exist, but it is so odd to me that they do not communicate with the rest of the MWO community at all.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 04 March 2014 - 07:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users