Pilot Looking For Some Coordination

6 replies to this topic

#1 madcatandrew

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

I am a moderately casual player that is tired of playing alone every day. I'm looking for a group that I can throw in with for coordination during matches, as I am tired of finding myself standing abreast with teammates, only to have them flee at the first sign of even odds.

You might find my play style a bit wreckless, fair warning. I'll stick with my teammates as much as possible, and if someone is taking excessive fire I'll step in front if in a position to do so. I don't really care about my KD ratio (1.01), I'm only there to do as much damage to as many people as possible, and an Atlas will never see me back down. If I lose all of my weapons, I kamikaze. That said, don't take advantage and just use me as a shield unless your 'Mech is held together with chewing gum. Little aggravates me more than a healthy ally that isn't firing their guns.

I mainly pilot heavies, I like a fair balance of maneuvering and firepower. I'm currently set up with an Orion-Protector using an AC5 and triple ER-LG-LSR, a Cataphract-4x with dual LBX-10 and dual Med-LSR, a Stalker-5M with a quad LRM-10 and quad Med-LSR loadout, an Atlas-7D(F) which I rarely touch because of the unbalanced weapon mounts, and a Catapult-K2 which I loathe in every meaning of the word.

I have no problem using voice to coordinate, I have a g930 just for that reason. I'm not too keen on joining verbal RP, but have no problem if others do so. I'm currently around most of the day, but I do like to take breaks every 6 or 7 matches. I live in the MST timezone. I'm not looking for groups that will be nagging me to log in during meals or movies with my family, just people that I can link up with when possible.

One of my old hobbies was playing Long-Tom team dodge-ball with a heap of Daishi in MW4 Mercs.

If it's relevant, I've been with the MW verse since 2, played everything since at least 4 times in campaign. My favorite has always been MW3. I own 9 novels in the series. I've never really considered joining a group before now, as I've been operating a small gaming clan on Steam since 2007. By no means am I an expert on everything BattleTech, but if you have Halo or movie questions feel free to ask... ;-)

Edited by madcatandrew, 06 March 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#2 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

Hey Madcat, thanks for posting up such a great summary. I'd be really pleased if you would like to come try some drops with C4 - I think you would fit in just fine. We are really casual off the batlefield (no requirements at all for training / induction / practice etc) but we do drop to win on the battlefield!!

I'll PM you over some further info. Website and teamspeak addresses are both in my sig. Feel free to come do some drops and see how you get on - no strings attached.

Cheers,
Trak

#3 madcatandrew

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

Hi Trak, good to hear from you. I'll do just that!

#4 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

By all means checkout C4 or HHoD or any number of Davion units on the teamspeak. We all play together at some point or another. Both units have great guys that range from ultra competitive to laid back casual.

#5 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

Yup, sounds like you'd fit right in with C4.

#6 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Though im biased towards HHoD, I highly encourage you to try C4. Id like to see my Davion brothers grow in size, HHoD cant fight all the battles for Davion you know lol.

#7 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I would like to invite you to check out 2old2play. A casual group mostly players over 25.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users