Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Greetings warriors of House Marik!

I am currently writing a little RP document about my character, a Clan Wolf warrior. In my personal story i was a cadet from the FWL captured in particular circumstances by Wolf forces. When i do such a thing i want to do it well, so i ask you: does anyone know on which planets there are MechWarrior academies, aside from Atreus? I was looking for another one because it is too easy to say i am from Atreus. I want to be from a less famous world in the FWL.

Has anyone a copy of a House Marik sourcebook?

Thank you in advance!

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Aitutaki Academy -- Aitutaki
Allison MechWarrior Institute -- New Olympia
Legionary Training Academy -- Andurien (directly supports the Free Worlds Legionnaires regiments)
Orloff Military Academy -- Vanra (invite only -- must be deemed worthy)
Princefield Military Academy -- somewhere in the Duchy of Oriente, but none of the three Marik sourcebooks I have says where. (mainly those of noble birth)

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 06 March 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 06 March 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Aitutaki Academy -- Aitutaki
Allison MechWarrior Institute -- New Olympia
Legionary Training Academy -- Andurien (directly supports the Free Worlds Legionnaires regiments)
Orloff Military Academy -- Vanra (invite only -- must be deemed worthy)
Princefield Military Academy -- somewhere in the Duchy of Oriente, but none of the three Marik sourcebooks I have says where. (mainly those of noble birth)

Wow. Thank you very much! I will look for more info about them on Sarna :rolleyes:

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Apologies for double posting but i have a new question related to the previous one:

Those of you with access to the sourcebooks.. Can you name a world mainly settled by italian colonists or influenced by european/mediterrean culture, possibly near Atreus or New Olympia? I have looked on the maps on Sarna but there are too many planets to check.

#5 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 March 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Apologies for double posting but i have a new question related to the previous one:

Those of you with access to the sourcebooks.. Can you name a world mainly settled by italian colonists or influenced by european/mediterrean culture, possibly near Atreus or New Olympia? I have looked on the maps on Sarna but there are too many planets to check.

"Like much of the duchy that would later bear its name, Oriente’s founders had strong ties to the Italian and Iberian Peninsulas, which remain apparent in the place names and habits of many Oriente citizens (a penchant for taking main meals late in the evening, strong family relations and a commitment to the arts, for example). The replacement of the Iberian Allison dynasty with the Greek-descended Halas family has led to subtle changes over the past two centuries toward a more general “Mediterranean” culture." - Handbook: House Marik, pg. 64

"English is the official language of Andurien, but in practice Italian is the most common tongue, closely followed by Spanish and Chinese dialects (principally Mandarin and Hakka)." - Handbook: House Marik, pg. 66

Those are probably your two best bets, despite neither being within two jumps of either Atreus or New Olympia.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 08 March 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

"Like much of the duchy that would later bear its name, Oriente’s founders had strong ties to the Italian and Iberian Peninsulas, which remain apparent in the place names and habits of many Oriente citizens (a penchant for taking main meals late in the evening, strong family relations and a commitment to the arts, for example). The replacement of the Iberian Allison dynasty with the Greek-descended Halas family has led to subtle changes over the past two centuries toward a more general “Mediterranean” culture." - Handbook: House Marik, pg. 64

"English is the official language of Andurien, but in practice Italian is the most common tongue, closely followed by Spanish and Chinese dialects (principally Mandarin and Hakka)." - Handbook: House Marik, pg. 66

Those are probably your two best bets, despite neither being within two jumps of either Atreus or New Olympia.

They sound very good! I will have to check them on the map. I already wrote my document (if you want to see it i will give you a link) but i will very likely change the planet! Thank you Strum ;)

EDIT: i chose Oriente, for its strong ties to italian culture and weaker ties to Capellans and Canopians.

Edited by CyclonerM, 11 March 2014 - 05:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users