• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

Not much more to say than that. It would be nice to have a new map thrown into the mix. And not just a cold version of an existing map, but something new. And different that requires new tactics to deal with. Like, a rolling prairie or dense forest (with trees you can't just walk/shoot through). How about some ancient ruins or a maze like layout with dead ends and all.

Just asking.

#2 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

Jungle map is coming, not sure when, this month or next i'd guess.

#3 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

U know what would be nice a map that actually has some content to hide in or just plan not avoid in the center. U guys know what I mean cause almost every map river city, caustic, alpine peaks, crimson straight, forest colony, these all have dead zones in the center of the map or a giant hill only lights can barley get up. This causes the ring around the rosy affect and I'm just plan sick of it. Although I'm not really a fan of hpg manifold because of the constant elevation changes that constantly cause arm mounted weapons to hit the very edge of the terrain, I do like how u have some cover from LRMS on the top and pillars to hide behind and of course the underneath is great for ambush or flanking the enemy.

#4 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

it'd be great if they allowed the community to make and submit maps that they could remake into official maps if they like them. A mech a month I can deal with, but a map or two a year? nope nope nope nope.

new weapon systems would be nice too ;)

#5 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

+1 on new map...map creation shouldn't stop because of UI2.0, Launch Module, Clans, or CW. Besides I think it's mainly the art department anyway...

It's time for a new map

#6 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

NGNG podcast with bryan, he said new map in the next patch. that would be the 18th.

#7 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

For the umpteenth time, community maps will never happen. They take just as much work as a polished PGI map, because PGI has to scour the map to make sure it's up to par. Also, it is far more than a map a year: when I started playing two years ago, there were 3 maps total.

#8 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

Community made maps from MW4 sometimes surpassed the maps that were in the retail game. @ 101011 ,I am not sure Polished and PGI belong in the same sentence.

#9 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

Note my deliberate use of the work "remake." I know they wouldn't simply post a map made by a community member, and I know it takes lots of time to work out the bugs and make a map as perfect as possible. It would, however, give them a free, vast and vibrant pool of great ideas to build on that should, I would think, speed the process up immensely.

#10 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

+1 for new map.

As for future maps, I'd like to see something that cater to both fast mech action for lights and brawling for heavier units.

For example, one side of the map would feature rolling hills with some cover that is spaced far enough that only mechs doing 100+kph can use to seek shelter from LRMs, and a hill/city/military base area on one side suited for brawls. Light mechs that can penetrate the open terrain would be in a position to flank the OpFor or reach objectives. To facilitate sniping/fire support, two hills would be towards the middle that allow snipers and LRM mechs to provide SOME coverage for both fast hitters and slow brawlers, while requiring them to become targets for OpFor snipers and LRM mechs.

In the ensuing battle, any side that loses 1 of the 3 fields will be at a severe disadvantage forcing them to a decisive battle and end the match, or seek alternate strategy for squeezing out a victory.

#11 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

Coming soon: HPG Manifold Night and Terra Therma "Snow" ;)

Nah, Jungle map is coming soon. Probably no later than the mid-month patch next month if they keep on the general release cycle (new map every 2-3 months)

#12 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 11 March 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

NGNG podcast with bryan, he said new map in the next patch. that would be the 18th.

Read the transcript and wasn't mentiond.... Remember around what time of the pod cast this was as i'd like to listen to it myself. Also wasn't metnioned in the tweet about the patch tomorrow.

#13 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Definitely need new maps. It would be great if we got another one (jungle?) tomorrow.

What I'd really like to see, more than wanting automated base defenses, are random base locations for assault. Say, three different possible points for either team's base. It would really give fast lights a scouting role; they'd have to find the enemy's base before the rest could commit. It would also give assault mode a flavor very distinct from other game modes.

#14 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

So, when this new map is coming?

#15 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 05 April 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

So, when this new map is coming?

Soon TM

#16 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

We definitely need a new map, some of the old ones are getting boring.

#17 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hell if they just doubled the size of Forest Colony, River City, and maybe frozen City Id be content. As it stands they are to small for 12v12. Once those are done they could just go through existing maps and refine them somewhat. Caustic valley could be expanded a little increasing the refinery in size. Alpine could have more intermittent terrain added, like patches of trees because I dont know its SUPPOSE TO BE IN ALPINE MOUNTAINS, and randomize the bases more. Also for the turrets they couldve put them in better so that you didnt have mass clumps of building eliminating LOS. Make it look like you actually put thought into where you would really put turrets if you needed to defend your base. Tourmaline Desert would be a cool map to have a night version of, be considerably cooler at night maybe throw in a desert thunderstorm or monsoon that changes some of those bowls into deeps patches of water.

Most of these maps have zones that are unused terrain... expand them out.

#18 Jaybee

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

+1 to jungle map, that would be the business! A shame we don't have breakable trees yet (like Crysis 1 had) but still, jungle.

Also, you could add night versions of the maps? Forest colony night, Alpine peaks night, Crimson straits night...

Personally huge maps would be great for different scenarios, objective based etc

#19 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

at this point i'd be happy with any map, even altered versions of existing ones. I mean we have april and HPG from last december(!) is still the new map.

Mech and maps team is different from engineering who are supposed to make CW, at least they told us. so what are they doing?

#20 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

View Post627, on 05 April 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Mech and maps team is different from engineering who are supposed to make CW, at least they told us. so what are they doing?

Making Clan mech models for June, with backlog Hero mechs, and weapon barrel visual tweaks to old chassis between now and then? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users