#41 Novalov

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTannhauser Gate

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 11 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Unfortunately the Wolverine's aren't as good as their Griffon cousins. Mostly due to the placement of the energy all in the arm and the tiny one in the head.

The Ballistic/Missile one at least is unique. But no matter which variant you get, SRM's being wonky prevents these mechs from being as good of brawlers as they should be.

Unless I'm missing something, I have not used or outfitted them in a while, I ran and at times still run the three non phoenix variants of the Griffin and the only one I recall with a energy slot not on the arm is the 3M with a single energy torso mount. I'll look again.

#42 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

These would be cool mechs if SRM's worked.

#43 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Yeah off topic but...um..to the moderator, what did Grendel type that required you to overwrite what he wrote (just curious)?

I also take that you were referring to that League of Legends player that got busted for running his mouth, right?

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#44 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Still no announcement on the Banshee? 3 Releaseposts the same day seem to be toooo hard for their crew.... ^^

#45 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

they nijad the Banshee release, there for sale with the rest of the mechs...

#46 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

I know, already got 2 on Elite, just wonder how stupid to not announce these new variants, they are way more interesting than the Wolverine will ever be.... ;-)

#47 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

The Wolverine certainly isn't bad. I've been spending a lot of time in all three of the classic 55 tonners (Griffin, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine) the last few months working on grinding them up to mastery, and though the Griffin does remain my favourite of the three that's based more on looks than performance since I just love the bubblehead cockpit. ;) I could easily see someone preferring the Wolvie or the SHawk over the Griffin based on their particular playstyle. They did take some time to get used to after spending so much time in heavier and sturdier mechs like the Thunderbolt or Stalker however.

#48 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostNovalov, on 11 March 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Unless I'm missing something, I have not used or outfitted them in a while, I ran and at times still run the three non phoenix variants of the Griffin and the only one I recall with a energy slot not on the arm is the 3M with a single energy torso mount. I'll look again.

It's arm mounted, on the 3M.

I didn't like the Griffin or the Wolverine at start, mainly due to the fact that the right arm is their achilles heel. So, you cannot rely too much on those weapons and must have some sort of backup plan with missiles. When I started doing LRM boats with them, my opinion drastically changed, being the GRF-3M and the GRF-1N the best for me. The single mouth laser slot in the Wolverine seems good for Tagging (due to it's position) but I find the arm mounted Tag (on the Griff) to be more effective.

Since we don't get SRM working properly, I won't bother experimenting anymore with these chassis too soon.

#49 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

View Postsabujo, on 12 March 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

It's arm mounted, on the 3M.

I didn't like the Griffin or the Wolverine at start, mainly due to the fact that the right arm is their achilles heel. So, you cannot rely too much on those weapons and must have some sort of backup plan with missiles. When I started doing LRM boats with them, my opinion drastically changed, being the GRF-3M and the GRF-1N the best for me. The single mouth laser slot in the Wolverine seems good for Tagging (due to it's position) but I find the arm mounted Tag (on the Griff) to be more effective.

Since we don't get SRM working properly, I won't bother experimenting anymore with these chassis too soon.

The 3M has a RA and LT energy slot

#50 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

The conjurer is a really good mech...I enjoy it quite a bit ;) Sure to see many more on the field now...

#51 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Yeah off topic but...um..to the moderator, what did Grendel type that required you to overwrite what he wrote (just curious)?

I also take that you were referring to that League of Legends player that got busted for running his mouth, right?

Someone basically told me to take a certain body part of PGI's out of a particular hole in my head... I found it highly offensive, and reported it... as for the Twitter reference... it was in the news about some dude in Africa or the Middle East that spoke out against it's government and was thrown in prison for 8 or so years. Some folks do anything to ruin another person's life... you wouldn't believe the number of people paying fines from posting comments of that nature on social media platforms. I'm not one looking for an easy buck... but I'm not looking for some ignorant person to try and slander my name or another's in relation to me being referenced.

#52 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Nice Mech, nice informative Announcement. Looking forward to buy one. ;)

#53 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 March 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

So yeah.. 3 complains posts before someone noticed the nice picture they used? +1 to art team. UI 2.0 gave us this little nice things that i do appreciate.

UI 2.0 allowed them to take a screenshot, edit it in photoshop and post it online? Yeah, I think not.

#54 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Scheiße, I think my curiosity may have opened that can-o-worms onto this thread!

ABORT DAMMIT, ABORT *crams undead atlas back in with broomstick*

Anyways, as everyone said before me, the way the mechs are displayed here is more legible than in out current mechlab.....Less graphs, more to the point for the newblood IMO.

Edited by Magic Murder Bag, 12 March 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#55 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Not gonna lie, the 7k Wolvie looks pretty boss.

#56 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I gotta admit... from using the Griffin to Wolverine is a drastic change. But going from one Mech to another is like that... the Wolverine is a very versatile Mech as it can stuff a 360 rated engine in it, albeit leaving little room to add-on weapons, but watching a Wolverine run over 100kph is a sweet thing! ;)

#57 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 12 March 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

I gotta admit... from using the Griffin to Wolverine is a drastic change. But going from one Mech to another is like that... the Wolverine is a very versatile Mech as it can stuff a 360 rated engine in it, albeit leaving little room to add-on weapons, but watching a Wolverine run over 100kph is a sweet thing! ;)

The 6K can mount a 375.

#58 Novalov

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTannhauser Gate

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostNgamok, on 12 March 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

That's what I was referring to thanks for pointing it out with more clarity than I seemed to, they are not all relegated to arm mounted energy hard points.

Edited by Novalov, 12 March 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#59 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostNgamok, on 12 March 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Thanks for the correction. I must have confused myself with something else.

#60 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

Thx to Phoenix - i was able to run a Wolverine lately - i was overwhelmed - its mobility is very impressive (I run mainly assaults)
But in the Wolverine i have the same "clipping" glitches in the cockpit when twisting the torso - as in Jenners.

Next to that the the 7K as a hunter killer - while the griffin may perform better - the extreme arc for the torso and the twist speed make them more deadly.

If the SRMs would work - i would gladly remove those streaks for real SRMs - to have some additional firepower when hunting bigger prey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users