71 replies to this topic

#61 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

I bet Victors are getting nerfed on Tuesday.

#62 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 March 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

I bet Victors are getting nerfed on Tuesday.

They already got a JJ nerf, what else needs to be nerfed about them, they are a pretty balanced mech IMO?

#63 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 15 March 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

They already got a JJ nerf, what else needs to be nerfed about them, they are a pretty balanced mech IMO?

Because that's how PGI works. Have a sale, then nerf the sale items the next week.

#64 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Because that's how PGI works. Have a sale, then nerf the sale items the next week.

Seems that way. Mark my words, the jump snipers will be nerfed to near uselessness, then everyone will switch back to LRMS and people will whine, so LRMS will get nerfed again and soon the game will be completely dominated by lights.

Edited by Edward Mattlov, 15 March 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#65 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 15 March 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

Seems that way. Mark my words, the jump snipers will be nerfed to near uselessness, then everyone will switch back to LRMS and people will whine, so LRMS will get nerfed again and soon the game will be completely dominated by lights.

LOLZ
First of all, I can remind you, that Dragon Slayer is on sale for fourth time in last 4 months. I considered buying DS, and in order to check, how it performs, I loaded my 9S same way. In pugs it still performs nicely. In order to play competitively you'd better have DS.

Second of all, last nerf was clearly directed at Highlander to make people buy Banshee. Now, when HGN almost cann't jump-snipe, it all comes down to firepower and armor, which MWo version of Banshee has plenty of.

Third of all, it's not that they sale something and nerf it afterwards. They sale something, making players spend their money and then they make a "cann't pass by" offer, which urges you to donate again. For example, in november PGI made MC sale, then they made hero-mechs sale and Oxide release to make people spend these MCs. Everyone's happy, but coupla weeks later we've got Clan packages being offered. .. So don't expect DS to be nerfed even more. It's still a good mech. You'd better expect much better IS mechs appearing before Clan release. And Banshee-3E clearly shows, that next assault will be able to equip at least two Gauss rifles, probably even 4 AC5s or 2 AC20s.

Edited by Rubidiy, 15 March 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#66 Vidarok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationVestibule of Creation

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

To the end of the rainbow, laddies.

#67 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

First, what makes ANY of these 'Mechs Irish? At least the Banshee is named for an Irish myth... Highlander would be a decent option... ugh, I'm sure there are others. Frankly I'm shocked there isn't a Bagpipe-man mech in this universe.
Second, if thy CAME with those color schemes I'd buy a Wang and a Firebrand. Keep that in mind marketing. Give me more, I buy more!

#68 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

I have a few things to add. First green is the color of Catholics. If you are not a Cotholic your color is orange so we should get orange as well. It is not like these two groups could historically have a fued that would be appropriate in a war sim.

Next point about the jump nerf. The nerf is profound on mechs with one JJ. It is a solution to single JJ builds that get the same turn as one with 3. Now I use Highlander and dragon slayers and even payed money to use them and am not happy about the change but still think it would be appropriate for the max turn to be set by the engine. The action of JJ pushing you forward made these turns not as reliable as the best move is to JJ in reverse and then you can do some damage. But I must ad that assults are not the stars of this game that a god group of lights is . Look at the results from the last competition and see how close the top scores were. I was honestly shocked to see how ballanced the scores were. Lights in this game are just too good. But I think this is due to how players play in favor of direct fire not sustained damage and LRMs cannot track moveing targets well. If a light has an AMS for streeks they can live a long time.

#69 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostGumon Choji, on 15 March 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

I have a few things to add. First green is the color of Catholics. If you are not a Cotholic your color is orange so we should get orange as well. It is not like these two groups could historically have a fued that would be appropriate in a war sim.

Next point about the jump nerf. The nerf is profound on mechs with one JJ. It is a solution to single JJ builds that get the same turn as one with 3. Now I use Highlander and dragon slayers and even payed money to use them and am not happy about the change but still think it would be appropriate for the max turn to be set by the engine. The action of JJ pushing you forward made these turns not as reliable as the best move is to JJ in reverse and then you can do some damage. But I must ad that assults are not the stars of this game that a god group of lights is . Look at the results from the last competition and see how close the top scores were. I was honestly shocked to see how ballanced the scores were. Lights in this game are just too good. But I think this is due to how players play in favor of direct fire not sustained damage and LRMs cannot track moveing targets well. If a light has an AMS for streeks they can live a long time.

Before the Irish were any sort of Christian, Ireland was green. We should actually leave the orange and the green alone, that is too much pain for many Irish.

Edited by Ed Steele, 15 March 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#70 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

If the nerf isn't hitting the perfect ballistic accuracy, then 'landers and Victors are just being scapegoated ^_^

#71 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostAzargo, on 17 March 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

If the nerf isn't hitting the perfect ballistic accuracy, then 'landers and Victors are just being scapegoated ;)

There is no "perfect ballistic accuracy" look at your weapon stats, out of all my weapons, my medium lasers are the most accurate. Yes, there are some players who can aim better than others, it will always be that way.

Edited by Ed Steele, 17 March 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#72 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Had some great matches while drinking some great beer and sporting my green lights, time to put another St. Pat's behind me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users