Typical Assault-Mech For House Liao?

23 replies to this topic

#1 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

We have the Raven and the Cataphract and rumor has it that we will get the Vindicator in the upcoming months.

This begs the question:
What's the archetypical Assault-Mech of the Capellan Confederation?

(The Emperor? Or none in specific?)

#2 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Well the Emperor was made by House Liao.

#3 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

I thought the victor was a Liao mech. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#4 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

House Liao can't afford assaults.

#5 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

http://www.sarna.net...ion_BattleMechs

Here is a list of Liao mechs. :D

#6 Kelbor

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Your right Torturous. The Victor was produced in numbers by HildCo Interplanetary on St. Ives. That is until the compact broke away during the 4th succession war. Capellan Confederation has no Assault Mech production at this time. I also agree with Levi, House Liao could not afford to front more that a few of them. Hit and run tactics is more inline with Capellan military doctrine.

After further reading (sarna.net can be such an fun time killer) I became aware that the HildCo factory did not become operational until after the 4th SW. My comment on production is withdrawn.

Edited by Kelbor, 16 March 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#7 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

The only reason the Capellan Confederation has not been anihilalted is because Free Worlds Leaguers have more fun killing each other!

#8 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

AssaultMechs are rather scarce in House Liao. Of the current available AssaultMechs, the Stalker is the most common and is found in each of the Houses to some degree. Therefore, it is probably the most common Liao AssaultMech. The only other AssaultMech currently found on House Liao's rosters in any numbers is the much lesser known Striker.

The Emperor, a recovered Star League design, is years away from production.

The Victor is produced by the St. Ives Compact and at the Tao MechWorks on Styk, a Capellan world currently under Davion control. As such, it is an iconic Davion design that we hope to capture when we retake our worlds. I also believe that Star Corps Industries on St. Ives has the capacity to construct Highlander BattleMechs, but the design is not in full production at that location.

#9 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

The pillager is an assault mech for you guys..built by Hildco in 2594 - until the succesion wars which destroyed their ability to manufacture XL engines and other star league tech...they weren't brought back in production in lore till 3058, but am sure there were some laying around and PGI could find a Lostech location...and as we have XL engines again......

#10 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

3050, there's -some- Capellan assaults, but remember they're the smallest of the five Houses, including at this point military production. Most of them are salvaged or ancient rather than locally produced, as Liao assault production mostly stops at the Victor produced by HildCo.

The -733 Highlander also shows up in modest numbers as well thanks to the rebuilds that the Hollis plant on Corey produced, though they couldn't make one from "scratch". Likewise, occasional Battlemasters from now-long-destroyed production can be found in the relatively thin assault ranks of the Confederation. A scattering of other designs, whether in merc units or the like fill in the rest.

3050 probably represents the nadir of 'Mech production- St. Ives and Tikonov are Davion-controlled and the Clans haven't distracted Liao's enemies yet enough to rebuild. 'Mechs like the Pillager, Emperor, and Xanthos are far in the future.

#11 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

House Liao also had access to several chassis of the much maligned Charger, but they new it wasn't going to be useful in most scenarios. This was their response to that little problem:

The 1A5 variant of the Charger is one of the first variants of the Charger made to take it from the role of scout to assault 'Mech. A Capellan modification to the CGR-1Ls they received as part of the Kapteyn Accords, the engine has been downgraded to a 320 version, which reduces the maximum speed of the 'Mech to 64.8 km/h, and and four of the small lasers have been removed. In their place are a Tomodzuru Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon, two Bical SRM-6 launchers and an Argra 3L Medium Laser, while the 'Mech's armor has been increased by five tons. This makes the CGR-1A5 extremely dangerous at close ranges and gives it a speed comparable to most 'Mechs in the heavy weight class, while carrying armor on par with other eighty-ton 'Mechs.[5] BV (1.0) = 1,128, BV (2.0) = 1,458[6] (Sarna.net)

Its a monster up close, and would actually be a pretty darned dangerous mech dropped stock in MWO.

Edited by Eric Portenelli, 18 March 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#12 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Liao assault is one Urbanmech standing on top of two other Urbanmechs.

#13 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostYaKillinMeSmalls, on 18 March 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Liao assault is one Urbanmech standing on top of two other Urbanmechs.

...with a trenchcoat draped over them.

#14 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

View PostEric Portenelli, on 18 March 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

The 1A5 variant of the Charger is one of the first variants of the Charger made to take it from the role of scout to assault 'Mech. A Capellan modification to the CGR-1Ls they received as part of the Kapteyn Accords, the engine has been downgraded to a 320 version, which reduces the maximum speed of the 'Mech to 64.8 km/h, and and four of the small lasers have been removed.

Thanks for remembering this gem. The Charger would be a great addition to the game, and would make for a distinctive House Liao AssaultMech that fits the current time period.

#15 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

good read lads.

So most of our assaults mechs are taken and repaired or left over from long lost factory's.

I assume we are still pumping out our heavy mechs, give me "muromets" or the other cataphract's anyday over an atlas or other assault mechs.

does the charger have another name?

Didnt see it in the list

http://www.sarna.net...ion_BattleMechs

be scared if you see me rolling in a trench-coat. Liao are very very sneaky.

Edited by torturous, 19 March 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#16 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

The CGR-1A5 Charger, like the HGN-733 Highlander, is a refit. While they are rebuilt by House Liao, they do not appear on the list of Mechs manufactured in the Capellan Confederation.

It's worth noting that before the Earthworks factory on Tikonov was razed to prevent it from falling into enemy hands during the 4th Succession War, it also produced THG-10E Thugs. Those would be a nice addition to the game.

#17 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

At the current point of the timeline House Liao is still recovering from their beating in the 3rd AND 4th succession wars where their armys and industrial facilitys where greatly decimated.
There is no Assault Battlemech at the current point of timelyne unique or even common in the CCAF. ( Capellan Cenfederation Armed Forces )
Even medium Battlemechs are more like a rare sight or nothing but patched up museum pieces in the CCAF. Since the federation depends mainly on its warrior houses the CCAF is dominated by infantry, conventional combat vehicles and SVTOLs ( mainly combat helicopters )
The rainessance of the CCAF is to be put 7 to 10 years from now during the Fedcom civil war.

Edit: One of the first products of the Capellan rebuilding effords was the Cataphract. His main building facilitys where captured at the end of the 4th succession war by House Davion ( its situated in the St. Ives Compact ^^)

Edited by The Basilisk, 20 March 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#18 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

View Posttorturous, on 16 March 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I thought the victor was a Liao mech. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No Victor was a Hegemonie Mech and its only remaining construction facility was located in the Federated Suns. Its main production facility was then taken by Kurita in 3039. So actually the Victor is more like and Davi / Kurita Mech. Later House Davion refited the during the 4th succession War captured HildCo facility in St.Ives and build their Victors in this Facility.
The CapCons never build or owned a Victor facility.

Edited by The Basilisk, 20 March 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#19 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 20 March 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

It's worth noting that before the Earthworks factory on Tikonov was razed to prevent it from falling into enemy hands during the 4th Succession War, it also produced THG-10E Thugs. Those would be a nice addition to the game.

THG-11E, 10E and 11Eb all have the same hardpoints.

But the Charger would be veeery interesting:
CGR-1A1: high engine-cap
CGR-1A5: AC20 + 2 SRM 6 + 3 ML
CGR-1A9: LRM20 + 4 ML + jumpy

#20 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:11 PM