Clan Nova Cat: Alpha Galaxy Recruitment

577 replies to this topic

#441 Absolute77

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 March 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Once the 37th Assault Cluster is fully up to speed, we can be online at any time of the day. They will be our european arm, and we already have some pilots there. There is usually always someone in TS anyways.

Hello, I was wondering how's that particular advancement going? as I'm an EU based pilot
Seyla!

#442 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

the 37th is still oceanic but now we have another cluster thats got a good strong roster the 88th Storm Cluster - "The Oceanic Watch" thats also that time period.

Edited by LastKhan, 22 November 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#443 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

I know it has been slow posting in here, but that is with good reason. I would like to announce the activation of a fourth cluster, the 88th Storm Cluster, the Oceanic Watch.

Posted Image

This cluster is dedicated to our Oceanic players. Its goal is to allow them to operate with the independence necessary to accommodate players of their time zone, while still remaining a part of Clan Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy's framework. May you serve the clan with honor!

Also, the 37th is no longer dedicated to European timezone players. Simply put, we get one EU player, time goes by, we inevitably find difficulty recruiting for a time zone that we are not awake to recruit in, and they leave. Therefore, the cluster has been opened up to an all purpose cluster. All are welcome, mind you, no matter the time zone. Just keep in mind that patience is required if an EU dedicated formation is to happen. I do ultimately want this, a dedicated EU cluster, however it will happen when it happens, just like how the 88th was formed because our Oceanic population warranted it.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 22 November 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#444 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Congratulations go out to two pilots tonight:

Cadet Coterie has proved himself worthy of the rights and responsibilities the come hand in hand with becoming a Point Commander.

Point Commander acidmelt, for his part, has shown his combat capabilities surpass his fellow Point Commanders and claimed the status of Point Commander First Class.

In addition, Star Commander LeoTib71 and Point Commander Makbeer have been field promoted due to exemplary service. LeoTib71 to the rank of Star Colonel, and put in official charge of the 88th Storm Cluster, and Makbeer to that of Star Commander, under LeoTib71's command.

May you four continue to uphold the might and honor of Clan Nova Cat.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 23 November 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#445 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'd very much like to thank all our Oceanic players in making the 88th happen, currently sitting at 17 strong it's off to a amazing start.

Leotib71
Makbeer
Scorcher
Onimusha-Shin

All have put a lot of effort into making this a reality and I hope to see it continue to grow!

#446 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 22 November 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Leotib71

Keep bringing high the italian flag in the Clans, trothkin!

(Well, a more traditionalist Clansman would argue against such old loyalties.. :P )

#447 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 November 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Keep bringing high the italian flag in the Clans, trothkin!

(Well, a more traditionalist Clansman would argue against such old loyalties.. :P )

LoL yes it's good to see Leo at the rank of Star Colonel, he's been a steady rock in CNC and has been a major help in getting the Oceanic cluster up and running

#448 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

LeoTib has been an incredible leader to all of us in the 88th and we wouldn't be here without him.

#449 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

It is with some sadness that I must announce that Lord Skeletor will be leaving the Nova Cats. Throughout his time in Clan Nova Cat, he provided a tireless effort in generating community events, helping to increase interaction between various house and clan units in the MWO community.

Unfortunately, due to his work schedule, the only time he has been able to log into MWO lately has been at the few dead times that the Nova Cats are not on, and he has found another group of players which will better facilitate his desire to be in a group setting for those brief times he is able to log in. I certainly cannot begrudge a player wanting to do what they can to best enjoy the game we play.

However, he has informed me that the last of the Community Tournaments will be proceeding as planned despite all this.

To Lord Skeletor, good hunting, and see you on the battlefield.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 26 November 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#450 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Though the loss of Skeletor was abrupt. We hope he finds himself on the path of a better life with the 228th.

#451 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

Congrats to Point Commander nicklausc, who became the first of our recent sibko of cadets to succeed in his trial of position in our new Oceanic Cluster. Your strength makes us all stronger.

Edited by makbeer, 05 December 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#452 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

Posting this here, as it is both a Nova Cat heavy video and a good pair of example tactics to use on the "less favorable" side of the new map, Veridian Bog. Personally, I love the map. Not just aesthetically, but this map actively punishes deathballing because of the cramped environment and limited sightlines. One side of the map can get to high ground fairly easily, but the other is beautiful for setting up crossfires and flanking maneuvers.

First off, the Lilly Run, which, to operate best, requires about a 50/50 split in the team, with one group acting as distraction to bunch up and delay the enemy team, while the other half flanks all the way around and hits them from behind. Even if the enemy pushes into where the distracting element is, by rotating around the mountain like they do, the enemy totally surrenders the high ground. So either they got shot in the rear torso or they give up their superior position.

The second tactic I like employing is setting up a proper crossfire situation that can leave the enemy line with very few direct options. I set it up by having the bulk hold the center at C4 while one lance flanks with a sight line across the enemy force from B3. Only about 1/3 of the team should be flanking. The rest should be more focused on holding the chokepoint than pushing past it. The longer they hold the enemy in place, the more the flanking team can dig into their side to force a reaction.

If they pressed the flank, they need to bunch up to do so which, combined with the trees, blocks their own fire lanes. Then our main body could move in and tear them apart. However, if they pushed on the main body, focus fire would murder them just due to the terrain layout, with our flankers moving to the high ground to pick them to pieces from above and behind them. The easiest counter to this one, however, is simply wrapping around the right of my team's formation, though should they do that then they give up the high ground and the flanking force can overwatch the main body.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 05 December 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#453 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

*crosses arms* no crossfire song 0/10

#454 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

I know. So sad. I loved that game, and it had an awesome song!

#455 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Pariah what is your FOV set to?

#456 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

90 on a 1920x1080 monitor.

#457 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

Thanks

#458 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Thinking of making (or modifying) your user.cfg? The Clan mechs do not suffer the missing textures that the IS mechs have, and the added field of view really helps in immersion. Too bad they got their cockpit glass backwards on each and every mech in the game, though. Would have loved to have it on, but they did it in reverse. AR coating should not be visible on the inside, and should be coated on the outer surface. :\ That, and too much schmutz on the glass.

Have no idea how much of this still works, but here is my current config:

Spoiler

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 05 December 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#459 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

Cool. Thanks again.

#460 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 December 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Thinking of making (or modifying) your user.cfg? The Clan mechs do not suffer the missing textures that the IS mechs have, and the added field of view really helps in immersion. Too bad they got their cockpit glass backwards on each and every mech in the game, though. Would have loved to have it on, but they did it in reverse. AR coating should not be visible on the inside, and should be coated on the outer surface. :\ That, and too much schmutz on the glass.

Have no idea how much of this still works, but here is my current config:

Spoiler

eeeeeeh not entirely true.. the Mist Lynx has this weird bar through it during startup with the config changes and the.. uuhh.. crap.. one of the mechs you see the seat a lot during startup as well..

BUT! during gameplay they are fine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users