How Much Have You Spent/not Spent On This Game?

General

203 replies to this topic

#21 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

More than it is worth so far, much to my chagrin.

#22 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

60 bucks and nothing more until they bother fixing the balance and adding lots of depth.

#23 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Mine is an interesting story.

I tried to buy into the game the day it 'launched', after having been through Closed Beta and Open Beta. I provided my input, sent in a few bug reports, etc. and, despite grave concerns over the state of the game and their reaction to feedback, thought it was time to pitch in. I had played for 'free' all that time, being a Closed Beta invite, after all.

Sadly, the purchase screen crashed while I was trying to drop $99.95 into the game. Spooked and already leery of the overall direction PGI was on, I went and gave those monies to War Thunder, instead. I waited it out, only playing ten games from that point until the latest GXP 50% off sale. That sale also happened to coincide with a paint sale and the Dragon Slayer, so I ventured forth once more into uncharted waters. I decided to buy the $29.95 package this time, but when I got through the transaction, I realized I had bought the $99.95 package by mistake. I am 99.85% certain I clicked the $29.95 package in the purchase screen, but the page registered the $99.95 package all the same. No worries, though, as customer service were great to me and refunded me the $99.95 after I followed instructions and purchased the $29.95 package I had originally wanted. [I had spent MC on the paints and GXP conversion, so I would not have had enough MC to actually refund, otherwise.]

So, now I sit back and patiently wait for the new drop module, collisions, a revamp of the heat system and other necessary adjustments they may never make to eliminate the FLD meta. Oh, and for community warfare to drop. I want to buy a few a la carte Clan Mechs, but am still not 100% convinced that community warfare will be in game, even the framework, by then. If it is not, I will be satisfied to buy the Clan Mechs late with C-Bills, grind or no.

So, TL/DR... $29.95, but could have been in the hundreds had things worked out in a more convincing manner on PGI's end.

#24 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

I've honestly lost track... but i've bought enough credits for 4 hero mechs (Misery, Jester, Grid Iron LE, X-5) and premium time for roughly 1.5 years (minus whatever I had from the overlord pack).

+ Overlord Pack
+ Sabre Reinforcement
+ 1 Gold Mech (includes Masakari pack now)
+ Sarah's Jenner
+ $50ish donated to various MWO charity plays

I'd estimate somewhere between $700-$900 grand total. Some people like fancy cars, some people like motorcycles... I like my games. No regrets yet. Actually, I do regret missing the Founder's Pack.

Edited by Flyby215, 17 March 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#25 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostFlyby215, on 17 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

I've honestly lost track... but i've bought enough credits for 4 hero mechs (Misery, Jester, Grid Iron LE, X-5) and premium time for roughly 1.5 years (minus whatever I had from the overlord pack).

+ Overlord Pack
+ Sabre Reinforcement
+ 1 Gold Mech (includes Masakari pack now)
+ Sarah's Jenner
+ $50ish donated to various MWO charity plays

I'd estimate somewhere between $700-$900 grand total. Some people like fancy cars, some people like motorcycles... I like my games. No regrets yet. Actually, I do regret missing the Founder's Pack.

THAR SHE BLOWS! :) :D
Posted Image

LOL! Just rubbing your rhubarb! :)

#26 Hika

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 49 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

$650 , 700 i think.

Ryoken clan mech pack at the moment + later im going to buy the mad cat and masakari.

overlord + sabre

almost every single hero ( no fang , no golden boy)
Many colors + skins.
TOO MUCH XP CHANGE
Premiun time.

i regret nothing, because im still having fun with the game.

#27 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostDaZur, on 17 March 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

I've no idea what that means, but wow is that ever an ugly whale! lol

#28 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

A couple hundred, that's stopped since group announcements

#29 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Posted Image

Oh the Huge Manitee!

Yeah... I know its not... but the Pun was needed!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 17 March 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#30 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

I am over $400 (I think $434).

#31 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

I've done Founders, Sabre package, the sarah's jenner wich was proabily the best thing pgi/igp has done next to the Founders, and I had to get the GI LE because it has both all three weapons on an hk, and I got a timberwolf on delivery. I may not agree with dev's choices a lot recently but compared to other online games I'll gladly take mw:o. Now If I could pay $30 for a single player campain...the way i've seen some people play I'd choose ai bots over them.

#32 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostNaduk, on 16 March 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Lol single player ? If it had that people like you would get from pirate bay
Dynamic missions would suit better than sp

On topic
Legandry founder x3
Overlord saber x2
Not sure bout clans yet but I'll likely grab something , wife thinks they are ugly and "are not an atlas"

For the price of MW3 I got multiplayer and an incredible single player campaign. Until MWO gives me something that's even remotely as compelling as it's predecessor from a decade and a half ago, I'm not going to spend more. You're welcome to suggest that I would pirate rather than pay, but then you'll have to forgive me if I suggest in turn that might just be a moron trying to justify your own expenditures by insulting your fellow players.

#33 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

LOL! Just rubbing your rhubarb! :D

Posted Image

#34 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

$120 Founders 6/19/2012 (early access)
$100 MC 9/27/12
$100 MC 11/25/12
$ 50 MC 7/6/13
$ 50 MC 7/12/13
$110 Phoenix/Saber 9/5/13
$100 MC 10/12/13
$630

And now I am just coasting with about 15k MC and 150k gxp in my pocket.
I thought about buying a Dragon Slayer this weekend (on sale) but the short time I PUGed around was absolutely miserable. I decided to wait for the Launch Module to see if things improve. Barring that it will be a long wait for Community Warfare, when group-play comes into focus.

Unfortunately, I really hate the clans from a lore perspective. So that lack of incentive combined with PGI's lack of information has failed to sell me on the clan mech packages. Maybe by the time the Clan Hero mechs show up I'll have a change of heart (I will admit some of them look really good).

#35 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

To start my playing days i grabbed the 25,000MC for $100... and proceeded to blow too much of it on mechs I shouldn't have.

^_^

Since then I've been immersed in all the fan forum negativity and made to realize just how much this game is missing. I have taken up the N.O.P.E. banner until CW is realized and playable as promised.

Without CW, there quite literally is no reason for this game to exist.

#36 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I am in for about $1k right now.... More than the wife likes to hear for sure... And I'm not even thinking about a gold mech....

#37 HRRxStormBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 273 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm slightly worried that we have a disproportionate number of people posting how much they spent as to those who haven't. I'd like to hear from them too. I tried to create a poll but that functionality seems to have disappeared.

"Nothing since the group announcements"

What are you implying, exactly? What's the issue?

Edited by HRRxStormBringer, 17 March 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#38 Old Farkas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 124 posts
  • LocationQC

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

300$ at least! But i spend it during a period of 13 or 16 months.

#39 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Elite
Overlord
Sarah's
A couple $100 injections and a few smaller ones as needed.

#40 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Not nearly as much as some, though iv been pretty damn cautious as iv always had to be a penny pincher and saw the writing on the proverbial wall pretty early on.

I think im up to about $41 between getting suckered into a Dragon 5N early on during a 'sale', three premium colors, one camo, Protector hero during a fairly recent 50% off sale, five mechbays I think? Also bought a couple of weeks worth of premium time before they nerfed the cbill awards, haven't bought any sense then.

Everything I bought so far was on sale heavily (50% or GTFO) though that may change ONCE in a couple weeks when income tax comes in: Either $60 for Nova Pack, $55 on a bigger Ala Tard mech, or some AAA game that heavily interests me at the time.......or crapton of steam sale games: all depends on whats on sale at the time and how much information PGI has disclosed about the packs, not even knowing what other variants we are getting and only having concept art hurts their chances considerably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users