How Much Have You Spent/not Spent On This Game?

General

203 replies to this topic

#41 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

$30. I was excited for the project and wanted into the beta. Wasn't that interested in Founders' mech choice, but thought I will definitely be supporting the game as it grows.

Then I realized... certain things.

Posted Image

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 17 March 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#42 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Overlord + Saber, Dragon Slayer, Protector, Yen-lo-Wang, Death Snail.

Full price for the package, DS and Protector. A few 'mech bays and some paint.

I love the Overlord mechs, but I regret the purchase. The title is on the wrong track, an deaf to feedback.

#43 Sean Kye

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 77 posts
  • LocationATL, Georgia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

$534.55. And I have not spent another dime since they announced the clan packages. More mechs for sale and jack diddly for content. Here's a blast from the past. AT least we finally got two of them.

Posted Image

Edited by Sean Kye, 17 March 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#44 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

I hadn't thought about it until now.. but it has been using all my gaming money. Haven't gotten PS4 or XBone. I'll need to do some math for this one.

$80 - Phoenix
$30 - Saber
$10 - Sarah Mech

$90 mechs/mechbays/hotrod/colors/c-bill bonus/items/tag

Then Hero Mechs;
2625 MC - Oxide
2625 MC - Ember
4875 MC - Jester
5250 MC - Ilya Muromets
6000 MC - Dragon Slayer
6750 MC - Heavy Metal
5250 MC - The Boar's Head (see I bought one on sale! :unsure: ) :wacko:

33375 MC - 7 Hero's

Then Mechbays/Camo/Paint/Cockpit;

11400 MC - 38 Mechbays
250 MC - Modro
500 MC - Titanium White
500 MC - Manganese
500 MC - Hellblau
1000 MC - Tartan Blue
5500 MC - 150 MC per Camo x 37
1500 MC - 375 MC per Holo Kurita x 4
375 MC - Dice
250 MC - Air Freshner

21775 MC - Cosmetic nonsense + useful Mechbays. ^_^

55150 MC total spent thus far. With a remaining balance of 2557 MC. (I'm on hold until clan arrives and CW starts to bloom.)

$90 + (55150 MC) $220 =

$310 Spent thus far on this game. Clans can wait for C-Bills that is for sure. I'm sure there is another $40 of %50 off 3 and 7 day premium time and %50 off EXP to GXP conversion that I havn't accounted for.

At least the game is still around right now. :ph34r:

#45 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

120 on founders.

For a f2p game, nobody so far has claimed to have been playing for free. Guess that's where the matchmaker/player base problems stem from.

#46 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Muromets for half-price. 8 mechbays. That's about it. About 40-50 bucks, I guess.

#47 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Okay, being honest, a little over $1k.

I'd say not so good, except I'm not really playing any other games, so this is my gaming budget.

Where did it go?

Mech bays (118 mechs so far)
Hero mechs (stopped buying with the Jester my last. They've gone into silly mode).
Colours (Have them all)
Camo (got forest and tiger stripes for most mechs)
Premium time (yes, I bought a year a week before Phoenix was announced. May buy another year when premium runs out in November)
GXP exchange (perhaps my greatest regret. Will never do that again).

I just bought another 6500MC. It will all go on mech bays.

If I played other games as much, I might feel a tad cheated. However, this is all I play, and I am the only C-billionaire, and likely the most experienced (XP) player in the game.

#48 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have not spent millions on this game. I have not spent so much money it would boggle your mind. In fact, I am not spending money RIGHT F'N NOW.

Posted Image

#49 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Founder's, something like $80 or something. Wanted to support the game but not go full ******.

Did break down and bought half priced MC.

Somewhere around $160 I think? Way too much I think. Like someone else said, I like robots, and there really isn't anything out there atm.

#50 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:39 AM

Spent exactly 29$ so far. Last week or something like that. Will use it on 5-6 mechbays and a Ilya (will only buy it if it's 50% off). Played since closed beta without paying a penny before that. Why? Because i'm sceptical if PGI will actually deliver anything they announced.
It's not about the "OMG the lied to us! 3PV guys, 3PV!" or some "BT used those numbers for decades, why can't PGI use them" stuff, i really don't care for anything of that. I only care about the overall quality of a product, and up until now i didn't feel like its worth my money.

So why did i pay 29$ now? Because i need new mechbays to buy a banshee, and was too lazy to create a second account.
Somehow liked the Ilya all the time, and was like: "Ok you need those mechbays anyway, so why not pay a bit more and get the Ilya". I'm from the EU, so those 29$ were about 20€ for me.

Consindering how much i can get during a steam sale for 20€, this game simply doesn't offer enough for me to justify investing more money. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy this game, but i don't spent money for the sake of supporting a game. I spent money if i feel something is worth it.

When comparing what this game has to offer with other games, i don't feel like it's worth more than 29$ in its current state, so i spent those. I will spent another 29$ if they fix some of the glaring issues this game is plagued with and deliver some actual content, but until this happens i won't open my wallet again.

Edit: But on the other hand, MWO is the first F2P that actually made me pay something for it. When paying 20€ instead of the 5 which would have been enough to get the mechbays, i was a bit like "come on dude, you played this game for quite some time now, it's only fair to spent a bit on it even if it's not too good in its current state"

Edited by meteorol, 18 March 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#51 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

The OP also asked about money not spent.

I haven't purchased anything since Overlord was delivered and CW wasn't. My expectation was that we would have some kind of CW and UI2.0 by the end of last year. When we didn't get it, I closed the wallet, and it'll stay closed until we get full CW.

I skipped the MC sale.
No Clans for me. (I probably would've bought an ala-carte Mad Cat + Summoner)
I wanted a sale Firebrand, and didn't buy it.
I wanted a sale Heavy Metal, and didn't buy it.
I kind of wanted an Ember, and didn't buy one.
I've stopped buying colors on sale, no matter which ones. Usually I'd pick up 1-3 per major sale.
I've stopped buying camo patterns on sale, no matter which ones. Usually I'd buy one pattern per chassis.

So, I'm guessing the amount I've not spent on MWO is slowly approaching what I've already spent. Not that PGI will read this thread or care, but I still spent my gaming budget ... just not here.

#52 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

TOO MUCH.

This game isn’t even remotely worth the amount of money I’ve spent. Several years later it’s still in infancy. Sure, I’ve got lots of play time, but that amount of time and the money spent was entirely based off my passion for Mechwarrior, not the quality of the game. PGI is not a very good developer. Russ’s comment about the impossibility of a complete, one screen, smurfy-like mechlab says that in full. That’s BS to make customizing a mech “too easy”. I personally cannot stand the guy any longer. PGI’s incompetency has slowly outgrown my passion for Mechwarrior. And until it switches developers, even if it’s another 10 or so years, I don’t think I’ll be payiing and playing much at all for a very long time. It’s just way too early, too buggy, and the community has been getting pushed off into the corner like a plagued corpse.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 18 March 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#53 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

Hmm...

$120 Founders
Overlord X2
Saber X1
Some unknown quantity of MC (I'm guessing around $200 or so)
And while I don't remember doing it I may have had too much to drink one night and bought the Dire Wolf pack...

#54 rotagh

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 51 posts
  • LocationThe Low Countries

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

I have spent $40 on the storm pheonix package, and i'm considering to buy the Black Hawk collection. So if I'd buy that, I would've spent $100 on this game. Which isn't that much in euros.. (I hope..) I haven not bought anything of the founders program, simply because I only started playing 9 months ago.

P.S. If I will or will not buy the BL collection, entirely depends if I have that kind of money left when I've bought the a new GPU.

Edit: Just saw the OP asked about money not spent.

Edited by rotagh, 18 March 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#55 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 18 March 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

And while I don't remember doing it I may have had too much to drink one night and bought the Dire Wolf pack...

Or so you tell your significant other... B)

;)

#56 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

Ive spent about $200. Overlord and MC for some Heros, paints and bays. Though im likely done spending for awhile now, with alot to spend on the house this year, and the fact my wife would kill me if she found out I spent this much..... B) But its been well worth the money ;)

#57 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Expenses thus far are something like.

-Masakari, Direwolf, Madcat
-Boar's Head
-Heavy Metal
-Assault starter pack
-MC purchases

All told $200-$300.

#58 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Entirely too much.

#59 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

Even after picking up a gold mech today, still less than I've spent on World of Warcraft. ;)

#60 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

I've spent:

Founders: $120
Overlord: $80
MC: $30 - I could not resist buying the Jester (lol)

So $230 to MWO and another $10 to charity for Sarah's Jenner.

However, I have no plans to spend more until MWO delivers more ... and if they can't or go out of business due to lack of support I will just wait for the next MW/BT game. I first played the TT decades ago and have played all the PC video games.

In part, at this point in time, I don't know that PGI can deliver on anything except nice art work. Anything engineering or development related appears to be less than well designed and behind schedule. If they force it out the door in time it is not that well implemented. They also are hopeless in terms of communicating with their player base in an useful and responsive way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users