Hit-Boxes Of Griffin, Wolverine, Firestarter, Banshee ?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Masterrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Hallo,

since UI2.0 is implemented, I'm no loger able to see and investigate the hitbox-layouts in my mechlab.

"clicking" on the body-part to see the hitbox highlighted is no longer possible
...."why" this feature was turned off is PGI's secret.....

So, I've never seen the hitbox-layouts of the mechs implemented in the UI2.0 era, the Griffin, Wolverine, Firestarter, Banshee

Is there any source, or fanmade picture, or something else, whatever, which gives me the opportunity to investigate the hitbox-layouts of these mechs ?????????

investigating hitboxes is important for me to make
1. armor shifting decissions
2. engine decissions (XL vs standard)
3. to unveil special vulnerable locations (like the "crossed CT" of the Battlemaster)

PGI, there was absolutely NO NEED to turn this feature off.....

Edited by Masterrix, 18 March 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#2 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:44 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...x-localisation/

Here's a link to a hitbox guide thats been put together by some players. Note that these are the actual in-game hitboxes and that they didn't match up with the glowing previews from the mechlab which makes this guide much more valuable.

Enjoy!

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

As Naples said, the glowing sections on the model in the old mechlab did NOT line up with the actual hitboxes, so it was more misleading than anything else.

#4 Szegedin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Yeah OP didn't you ever wonder why you were getting so few headshots?

UI 1.0 pegs the cockpit as the entire head/window section of the mech, which is obviously not the case in game.

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostNapes339, on 18 March 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...x-localisation/

Here's a link to a hitbox guide thats been put together by some players. Note that these are the actual in-game hitboxes and that they didn't match up with the glowing previews from the mechlab which makes this guide much more valuable.

Enjoy!

Sadly, those are now out of date. Several mechs have had their hitboxes tweaked since that was last updated. Just tooling around in the Testing Grounds should demonstrate that the hitboxes in the hip/crotch area of the Atlas and Awesome are no longer center torso.

#6 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostEscef, on 18 March 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Sadly, those are now out of date. Several mechs have had their hitboxes tweaked since that was last updated. Just tooling around in the Testing Grounds should demonstrate that the hitboxes in the hip/crotch area of the Atlas and Awesome are no longer center torso.

Thanks for pointing that out Escef, I hadn't even considered that this could be out of date.

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostNapes339, on 18 March 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Thanks for pointing that out Escef, I hadn't even considered that this could be out of date.

It appears updates to it stopped sometime after Project Phoenix hit, but before the Saber Reinforcement pack for the same entered play.

#8 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

That link isn't totally accurate since it does not show a side profile drawing what portion of the CT is still hittable from the side fooling players into thinking twisting their CT is safe when it is not, which is possible on a lot of Mechs. Carrions are more accurate in that regard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users