Everyone Loves The Frr

18 replies to this topic

#1 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Given that House Kurita granted the FRR it's independence rather see those worlds fall into Lyran Commonwealth hands. What would be the point of going to war with house kurita? In fact it seems to be like no other house in the IS should have any ill feeling toward the FRR. So what would the point of going against any house given that you have your territory you wanted. And if the Lyran Commonwealth invaded, it would only awaken the dragon and push house kurita to attack the Steiner forces. So is it true that every one loves the space vikings or is the FRR? That you will be the least attacked territory in the IS (till the clans come at least)

Edited by Grimwill, 18 March 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#2 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Almost.
In the Lore the FRR is created in 3034 from worlds both from lyran and kuritan worlds.
But soon it is attacked from kuritan battlemech regiments gone rogue, the ronin, and it only can survive with the help of the draconis combine under theodore kurita.
And shortly after that, the clan invasion hits and the FRR only survives as a comstar protectorate.
So we are basically the underdogs of the inner sphere.

If you count the Principality of Rasalhague, before the occupation through the draconis combine Rasalhague is one of the oldest nations in the inner sphere. And in the years after the clan invasion we have borders to kurita, steiner, davion, clan wolf, clan ghost bear and clan smoke jaguar and clan jade falcon are within striking distance.
There will be enough folks to fight for us FRR units.

Will be interesting though in which alliance bucket PGI will put us.

Edited by Klappspaten, 18 March 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#3 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

I love the FRR so much I've even changed my faction alligence

#4 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 18 March 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

I love the FRR so much I've even changed my faction alligence

WOAH!!! Wonders DO happen after all. :P
Welcome to the only true Starbarians fluffy!

#5 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

The Lyrans would never invade, a political buffer between DCMS border was well worth giving up a few worlds, and even a plant that produces the Shadowhawk (the Lyrans had another, this one was just their spare).
We are definitely lovable and awesome, like that friend you have who drinks too much but is great to have around at parties. Besides, like Klappspaten says, we are about to get ground into the dirt by the clans; going from 80ish worlds to 3 in no time flat so no friendly fire guys, please.
At least the Ghost Bears seem like a decent lot, you Lyrans get stuck with the Jerk Falcons.

#6 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN USA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

I love fighting for a nearly lost cause. It bring an overwhelming challenge, and I welcome it.

#7 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Depending on how they will implement the community warfare we might fare better this time against the clans (if they ever make the clans a playable faction) than they did in the canon history.

And regarding the original poster, i dont think we are really loved by that many but most of them dislike someone else much more than us.

Regarding our feelings, its basically only Kurita (up until the clans come along anyway) that we still harbour some resentment against for being occupied by them for a long time.

Edited by Carl Wrede, 28 March 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 28 March 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Depending on how they will implement the community warfare we might fare better this time against the clans (if they ever make the clans a playable faction) than they did in the canon history.

And regarding the original poster, i dont think we are really loved by that many but most of them dislike someone else much more than us.

Regarding our feelings, its basically only Kurita (up until the clans come along anyway) that we still harbour some resentment against for being occupied by them for a long time.

And Mercs, Mercs probably more that Kurita.
After all Kurita troops fought with us against the Ronin.

#9 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Merc's fought also... some contracts weren't worded correctly, so many mercs took advantage of that. I joined a merc unit to help stop civilian causalities, due to some bad wording (roleplay). I also don't feel either HOUSE will do justice to their cause. (Plus I like having a choice where I drop, vs where somebody else "higher up" tells me where to drop.)

#10 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Yes of course.

I would even say that with the clan invasion we really should concentrate on them and not out inner sphere neighbours. Lorewise Kurita and Steiner both have a interest for the republic to be retained as a buffer between them.
And with that Merc thing, we will need them.

We will see how it works in the CW, I would really like to be able to give an long term contract to certain Merc units. I would also really enjoy a political system where faction players could be able to determine who they are allied with.

Edited by Klappspaten, 31 March 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#11 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

My character originally started in House Liao. I was drawn to the FRR after having read their history. They're the only IS house that is guided by the will of the people instead of pretentious royal blood lines. I love how, although there are royal families, the acting leadership must be elected by the citizens, and leaders can be voted out if they don't represent the people. FRR is the closest house in line with my personal political leanings, so it's a natural fit.

For RP purposes, DaemonWulfe became disillusioned with the Liao leadership and their heavy handed ways of dealing with the slightest suspicion of dissent. After having witnessed the murder of innocent people, some of which were distinguished military officers, he flees to FRR territory as a political refugee and shortly joins the Skialdborg, choosing to contract exclusively with the Free Rasalhague Republic to fight against oppressors wherever they threaten freedom.

Fluffy, it's awesome seeing you fly the FRR banner now!

#12 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

The FRR is a strong faction, we will fight and we will die but we will never be defited. Even SCJ gets wiped out by SLDF in the mechwarrior law.

#13 Ariana Rifkin

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

Dislike kurita for their initial occupation of the FRR and attempts to assimilate us into their culture. It's cool that they backed off after some time, but the fact is, that they did what they did and it will never be forgotten. Also, I do believe that some merc units were involved with fighting the Ronins. The only reason I see any resentment of merc units as justified is that they fight for the highest bidder. I wish I could choose between clan and IS factions in game to switch between FRR and Falcon. I like the idea of being the underdogs of the IS, but also would like to play in one of the crusader clans. Since the first mech game I played was MW2, I have a deep love for CJF. I like the contrast between these two factions.

#14 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

"Everyone Loves The FRR"

NOPE.

I don't.

#15 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostJason Parker, on 17 June 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

"Everyone Loves The FRR"

NOPE.

I don't.

But why? ;) FRR has nice people...im very nice!

#16 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

We Ghost Bears love it so much that we just have to have it all for ourselves. ;)

#17 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:46 AM

The FRR is keeping the clans in check. xD

#18 Tovan Cassidine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostYeshua Kerensky, on 28 March 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

I love fighting for a nearly lost cause. It bring an overwhelming challenge, and I welcome it.

They can only kill you once. Of course, that ain't exactly Plan A.

#19 Pilotshark

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUnder heavy enemy fire

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostJason Parker, on 17 June 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

"Everyone Loves The FRR" NOPE. I don't.

*in the voice of "ahnald" Schwarzenegger. "Get out!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users