My only 1000+ dmg match. :P

Well, here is the loadout: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1364e13311cde69

And yes it was way before the LRM-Buff :huh:

#42 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Pre-LRM buff, but doesn't matter since it is an LRM-free build. I admit, this one was also posted in the "carry harder" thread.

Posted Image

Edited by WVAnonymous, 25 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#43 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 22 March 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

OK Rushin, start the 1200+ thread!

#44 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

The trick is to get exactly 1000.

By the way, Talon and Valor played fantastic support against the Firestarter lance as shown by the assist count.

Posted Image

#45 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

I'll bite :huh: Posted Image

#46 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

1k damage is uncommon but hardly unheard of.

1000k damage, though, would be a real sight to see. Let's see, that'd be 1,000,000 damage in a single round. What's the total health of an Atlas? Assuming it is at or below 1000 total potential damage just to pick apart an Atlas very carefully (full destruction of both arms, then both side torsos, then one leg, then strip the other leg and turn it red, then strip the head and turn it red, then strip the CT of both front and rear armor and finally pop it), that'd be a theoretical maximum of 12000 damage in a single match. If it counts potential damage from ammo explosions (full credit for the full force of the explosion even if the mech dies earlier), then it'd probably be best to run an MG build against a bunch of dakka or lrm boats loaded to the gills with ammo (best if CASEd, since then you still get to kill the mech conventionally after blowing the ammo for bonus damage).

Even with ammo explosions, though, I don't think 1000k damage is achievable. Maybe once dropships show up as legit targets...

#47 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 25 March 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

1k damage is uncommon but hardly unheard of.

1000k damage, though, would be a real sight to see. Let's see, that'd be 1,000,000 damage in a single round. What's the total health of an Atlas? Assuming it is at or below 1000 total potential damage just to pick apart an Atlas very carefully (full destruction of both arms, then both side torsos, then one leg, then strip the other leg and turn it red, then strip the head and turn it red, then strip the CT of both front and rear armor and finally pop it), that'd be a theoretical maximum of 12000 damage in a single match. If it counts potential damage from ammo explosions (full credit for the full force of the explosion even if the mech dies earlier), then it'd probably be best to run an MG build against a bunch of dakka or lrm boats loaded to the gills with ammo (best if CASEd, since then you still get to kill the mech conventionally after blowing the ammo for bonus damage).

Even with ammo explosions, though, I don't think 1000k damage is achievable. Maybe once dropships show up as legit targets...

Beat me to my smartass remark... good on you

#48 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hmmm didn't think to get a screen shot, but I think I have hit 1K twice. The most recent time this happened was last weekend in a WVR-7K, got 1022 damage.

#49 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image
bigger pic:

http://i60.photobuck...43.jpg~original

Posted Image

just my luck

#50 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 22 March 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

Just FYI ... 1000+ damage with LRMs does not count.

FYI
then arty,air,MG's and LBX should not count.

It isn't hard to get high damage scores with any of those weapons, in fact, the PPDD can rack up huge scores by picking apart the mechs instead of killing them.

It isn't about how much damage as it is on how it was dealt, I have a few games where my damage is under 500 but I have 6 some kills.

In any case, 1000 damage isn't much of a benchmark, breaking 1400 now that might be worth posting about for some.

I thought from the title this was really someone who had done 100k total damage since the reset. How wrong I was, LOL

#51 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostAbivard, on 25 March 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

FYI

It isn't hard to get high damage scores with any of those weapons, in fact, the PPDD can rack up huge scores by picking apart the mechs instead of killing them.

It isn't about how much damage as it is on how it was dealt, I have a few games where my damage is under 500 but I have 6 some kills.

In any case, 1000 damage isn't much of a benchmark, breaking 1400 now that might be worth posting about for some.

I thought from the title this was really someone who had done 100k total damage since the reset. How wrong I was, LOL

"MG's and LBX should not count." - LOL

oh and
Spoiler

#52 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

This club is about to become more exclusive once 3/3/3/3 drops

Posted Image

#53 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

View PostAbivard, on 25 March 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

FYI

Arty/airtstrikes I totally agree. MGs and LBXs - no. To do damage with MGs you have to be in their face, like 90m in their face. If you are brawling you deserve all the damage. Same goes for LBXs. MGs aren't any different from AC spam people tend to use more and more nowadays, but unlike ACs and current LRM spam they can't be used from 1000m away.

I totally agree that pure damage means little, I've seen people posting screenshots of how hard they carry their team doing 1000-1500 damage and ... killing 1-2 mechs at best. Just for the info ... 1500 is more than enough to kill at least 8 Atlases ...

#54 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

TBH, i don't screencap 1000+ damage matches anymore.
Had a folder full of them from CB up to some months ago (with some pretty ridiculous ones with like 1900 damage during PGI balance fails), but then i realized:
dude, you will never post them on the forum to brag anyway, and you have never opened the folder after saving the screenshots. So i deleted it and stopped doing screenshots.
If i get a really nice match i'm taking a picture with my mobile phone and send it to my buddies (we have a MWO messenger group).

Moreover, those high damage numbers are rather pointless, especially if you use arti strikes. A well placed arti strike can easily turn a "good" match into a 1000+ damage match by pressing one button.
Having high damage numbers doesn't mean you did well either.

One of the best matches i ever played was 7 kills with just a little over 300 damage (Oneshotting 3 lights, 2 headshots (two catapults :huh: ), 2 xl cores). Double Gauss Jager. Hitting where it hurts is alot more important than hitting often. 30 well placed damage can kill an assault mech, while you can spread 300 damage without killing it.

Edited by meteorol, 26 March 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#55 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

...and then I went pants on head ******** by chasing a light who should have died and ignored the raven behind me. :\

View Postmeteorol, on 26 March 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

Hitting where it hurts is alot more important than hitting often. 30 well placed damage can kill an assault mech, while you can spread 300 damage without killing it.

Quote for truth. I like big numbers, but there is nothing so satisfying as being clean and efficient with Gauss or PPC.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 26 March 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#56 Gambyt

• Pip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAlmada, Portugal

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

no arty/air used....and 0 kills :ph34r:

#57 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

Today in my Orion driven as a LRM Boat.

Edited by Magos Titanicus, 18 April 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#58 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:58 AM

I don't even bother posting damage screenshots unless its to troll, because when you post stuff like this, due to our natural preconception of value, people will think you are flaunting it because you find it valuable, and as valuable things are in small commodity, the natural impression is that it doesn't happen often and that's why you felt the need to talk about it. Kind of like how virgins and the eager but rarely laid go on and on about intercourse, usually followed by boasts at how good they are at it . Also, verbal tough guys are another prime example of artificially inflating self worth to appear valuable but I digress.

I do appreciate the art of farming bad players though. So long as they remain bad players they exist for only one purpose, and that is giving away their hitpoints as quickly as possible so that others can get paid.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 19 April 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#59 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 19 April 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

I don't even bother posting damage screenshots unless its to troll, because when you post stuff like this, due to our natural preconception of value, people will think you are flaunting it because you find it valuable, and as valuable things are in small commodity, the natural impression is that it doesn't happen often and that's why you felt the need to talk about it. Kind of like how virgins and the eager but rarely laid go on and on about intercourse, usually followed by boasts at how good they are at it . Also, verbal tough guys are another prime example of artificially inflating self worth to appear valuable but I digress.

I do appreciate the art of farming bad players though. So long as they remain bad players they exist for only one purpose, and that is giving away their hitpoints as quickly as possible so that others can get paid.

what a mood killer. plus all the other negative responses.

yes it doesnt happen too often that i score 1k damage. so what. i get plenty of kills.
this post was for House Liao/Mercs/Allies to show off and post some happy-happy joy joy moments.

Davions always have to come along and try spoil or give away other houses stuff. (famous wedding)

I guess thats why, we are at WAR.

Please take your comments to your own planet.

#60 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Here we go,
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users