Casual Newbie Looking To Improve And Coordinate

9 replies to this topic

#1 MagnificentMaddog

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:14 AM

Yo. My name is Matt, though I go by MagnificentMaddog ingame. I've just recently started piloting Mechs and I am looking for a casual group to drop with. Also, I want to start getting better.

I am a quick learner and am happy to play as part of a team (eager to communicate, etc...). However, I do have a tendency to charge in head on and get smoked.

I currently own two mechs:

- Hunchback 4-SP with Med Pulse lasers and 2x6 SRMs, 215 Std engine, for close range fire support.

- A brand spanking new Jenner 7-F which suffers from a stock Std engine and horrible heat management until i get an XL in it.

I'm not going to lie, I have an abysmal K/D ratio AND win ratio. However, i rack up lots of assists (depending on how well my team stomps theirs).

If you can see me serving on your lance, or if you can just drop some insightful advice, I would deeply appreciate any feedback. Hail Davion.

Edited by MagnificentMaddog, 19 March 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#2 N0V0CAIN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

Salute MechWarriors,

If you are looking for a fun team, which will give you a sense of home when you come play MWO, look no more.
1st HeadHunters of Davion RCT are welcoming new, veteran, casual and competitive pilots alike. We also have become home for some great companies and battalions who decided to make HHoD their home.

Come be part of something great.

1st HeadHunters of Davion RCT is a unit rich with tradition, Solid leadership, and has a relaxed and fun environment.
We are very organized and discipline in our drops and are always improving our tactics and training our pilots.
You will never play alone. We have pilots playing almost at all times of the day and in all age groups. We play many 12 mans through out the day.
We have competitive teams inside HHoD for those interested in taking their MechWarrior experience to the next level.

Our web page is http://hhod.com .
If you would like to try us out, feel free to join us in TeamSpeak, the server address is:
ts3.hhod.com:7345
You will have a blast! Look for anyone with the (HHoD) tag, let them know you are interested on joining.
Have fun!

Novocain

#3 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hello, you can give Headhunters of Davion a try. We have a lot of people on at all times of the day and are very helpful to levels of players. We have some of the best competitive teams out there or just do casual drops, 4 or 12. Its very laided back unit.

First off ensure you have a mic and get TS3 : http://www.teamspeak...page=teamspeak3

Next put in this Addy in the Server Address under connections : ts3.hhod.com:7345
Then connect under your drop name and go to MechBay "Looking for Group" under HHoD

There you go. If someone notices you and has room they will invite you to their com channel. If you notice a group of people in a com channel short one be proactive and ask to join, 99.9% will say yes, the other .01% will say they have to go to work ^_^ .

The great thing about HHoD is that everyone is polite and helpful and will answer your questions to the best of their ability. There is always someone on it seems and majority of the time you can find someone to drop with what ever time of the day or night. This is a great benifit of having a large player base to drop with. Check out the website to if your futher intrested in dropping with us: http://mwo.enjin.com/

LOL, you just beat me Novo! ;)

Edited by CarnageINC, 19 March 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#4 Setzz

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

I can vouch for HHoD, great guys to hang around and drop with.

Also, with pilots spanning the entire reach of the globe, you're bound to find someone at any given time of the day.

Looking forward to see you in the battlefield!

_Setzz

#5 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

HHoD is good peeps!

#6 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Heya, I will vouch and say HHoD is a great group of guys to drop with. Lots of members, and they're very active. If you might want something smaller then feel free to message me or friend me in game on social. I'm the CO of the 22nd Argyle Lancers. We are a smaller but very active group. We know most of each other by name and we are continuously helping our newer players and helping each other. We run diverse loadouts, with some of us specializing in mediums and lights. Feel free to check out our website at http://22ndargylelancers.enjin.com. We have our own teamspeak server as well. (and lets be honest, is there a mech that doesn't look good in black, red and white?)

#7 MagnificentMaddog

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, HHoD sounds like the one for me.

Cmetz, do a bunch of guys in your group run Centurions? Cause i got stomped by a company rocking the black, red and white and they had three Centurions running concentric circles around mechs, blasting away with their ACs

#8 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Matt-

There are a group of us that do run Cents, along with a LOT of other mediums. While I can't say for sure that it was our guys blasting you with cents, there's definitely a good possibility. If you're still looking for a unit, feel free to hit me up. We're always looking for some good Davion guys to fill out our ranks.

#9 PieRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSoutheast of Disorder

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:34 AM

I can vouch for both of these groups! Also will throw 1FSAC out there. Though I think I am a couple days late. Does not matter. You are in the right house state of mind, so really you cannot go wrong with anyone here. :huh:

#10 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

I also will vouch for 1st FSAC. Good guys, and members of my unit drop with them regularly. We also like to shoot them in... um... "training" exercises. haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users