For The Dragon!

21 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Binz

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNZ - Lagshield Heaven

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Looking forward to this weekends event.

Good luck all other Kurita pilots!! (make sure you opt in!)

"Step 2: Opt-in on our website before Friday March 21st at 10:00am PDT at http://mwomercs.com/tournaments."

#2 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

Done

Glad I just have to play 10 matches NOT win 10 matches

Muskrat

#3 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

I'll be there, aiming for top 50. Would aim higher, but won't have much time to play. Let's make the other houses cry little baby tears of sadness.

#4 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

I was worried this morning when Kurita was down at the bottom of the faction board with Liao in last place. But then big moves started when the Dragon awoke and by the afternoon Kurita had moved up to 5th. Then not long after that Kurita moved up into 2nd and now knocking on that giant mech sized door of 1st place Steiner.

For glory and honor and the Dragon. See you on the battlefield... go Kurita!

If we don't beat the FRR Rustlehawgs then all members of the Dragon must commit seppuku.

#5 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Well fought battle house Kurita, you were 2nd for a good part of the day before falling in the ranks. I have no idea how you fell so fast

#6 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

Most of us had to go to sleep.

#7 Artur Valour

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTexas, Holy Terra

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Just wondering where everyone placed in the challenge? I literally got around 20 matches in before I had to go offline to rebuild my machine. I placed:
421 Posted Image Artur Valour 1,392

So how did you do?

#8 Vimeous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

53rd with 1932
Used a mix of the (supposedly evil) lrm boats: aws-8r, on1-v, blr-1s a bit of jm6-a and hgn-733c. The good 'ole 8r did the donkey work :)

#9 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

20th in the End with 2070, highest i reached was 18th.

I used my KTO-18, Ilya, DDC primarily over the weekend. KTO-18 had some good matches but mostly just way too much heavy metal during this tourney. Mixture of energy/balistics and missiles in the works on my grind.

And believe it or not, when i check as 11.55 pm PDT we were sat at 3rd or 4th (was on my way into work), however that still gave parts of the EU community time to get back online for a last ditch effort. And there are a lot of non-Kuritians in the EU Zones.

#10 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Really? 20th with 2070? ohw, should have played Kurita instead of liao in the aftermath :) that would have brought us up at least to second place.Just didn't expect the usual Kurita Powerhorses such as Edmiester or Cyborx not to participate/play too much.

#11 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostEglar, on 24 March 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Really? 20th with 2070? ohw, should have played Kurita instead of liao in the aftermath :D that would have brought us up at least to second place.Just didn't expect the usual Kurita Powerhorses such as Edmiester or Cyborx not to participate/play too much.

To be fair, my performance wasnt pretty good this time round, have been taking a break from MWO and just got back into the game. I was 'borrowing' time on my wife's pc as mine was at work over the weekend. And I competed in 2 lance tournaments between bouts of trying to work my way through the rankings.

Edit: My sunday was when I actually started smashing back up the table, had a series of epic matches in all 3 types. The good matches stopped when i started getting stuck in the assualt matches where both sides would end up with a lance or so just turtling under ecm inside the defense turrets. That really killed the entertainment for me. I didn't mind the LRM storms, I made my own mistakes and made sure to remember cover, concealment and tactical decisions which actually mitigated that, I pretty much mostly died to direct fire AC+PPC combos over the weekend.

I also distinctly remember your Cataphract side coring mine on HPG Eglar lol. Although its been a long time since i tried those build combo's so rusty came to mind, was really not twisting enough.

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 25 March 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#12 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

we have been rank 2 untill the europeans went to sleep sunday night.
seems the strongest kurita players reside in eu.
rank 1, 3 and 4 are germans , doesnt recognize the others
1. is from the 11th legion of vega 3 and 4 are from the 36th dieron regulars, both german spoken units.

i ended up at 219 1630

ps.: greetings mana

#13 Jrago

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPesht

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I only got to play Friday and Sunday night but got lucky enough to get 1948 for 49th. All in my KTO-18.

#14 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

Heya Mahkraah, I did see you online this weekend but was so busy with my own set of drops, breaks and such. It's a shame that so many players didn't bother, although can understand why, as far as i am concerned 'Faction' is all about teamwork not individual.

#15 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

tru, it was a individual player event, the more selfish one plays the higher where his chances to rank well.
also it was a question of free time.
it counted only the 10 best matches. we all know that there are those rare matches where everything comes together and you end up with a great , personal , result.
this touney was all about playing as many games as possible to find 10 of those oustanding matches.
also unfortunate was the timeing, it was to close to a major shift in meta.
if your team was not yet adapted to the new meta you had no chance for a acceptable result, no matter how good you are.
a hugh luck- and how much time do i have factor decided alot of the outcome.

#16 Zvestor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostMahKraah, on 26 March 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

also it was a question of free time.
this touney was all about playing as many games as possible to find 10 of those oustanding matches.

True words...

And about being LRMed to death from Mana :)

Edited by Zvestor, 26 March 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#17 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Dragon...I thought it was a badass mutant worm.

I don't know about the LRMed to death, I tried a stalker LRM boat, 1400 missles only did 278 dmg against a team that had a lot of AMS and stuck together. A whole bunch of pop tarts though.

#18 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostZvestor, on 26 March 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

True words...

And about being LRMed to death from Mana :)

Oh i saw you and was determined your meta compliant highlander was dieing from my missiles...

Edit: Think i was still in KTO when i saw you

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 26 March 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#19 Zvestor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 26 March 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Think i was still in KTO when i saw you

yup. nowadays i allways seem to be on the receiving end of this dreaded Kintaro,,,

Edited by Zvestor, 26 March 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#20 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Rofl, being fair here, i was using that KTO well before this last LRM buff, and havn't changed my style much. However, this weekend was marred simply by the number of plays going OMG OMG LRM's Hide or OMG LRM everything.

It was highly amusing to watch players who really don't use LRM's often trying to use them to get big scores, not understanding where enemy mechs are in relation to terrain.etc, so watching people just spam missiles at any red target that came up. -Sigh- Which does explain why people think LRMs are 'easy-mode' especially when 'fire enough' and eventually you will something attitudes.

Kind of upsetting to me, when I have spent a long time using small missile groups in fire support both direct and indirect against targets to refresh the LRM No-skill Noob attitude from people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users