Military

31 replies to this topic

#1 RogerSimmons

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

lookin for any military people out there playin...nice to talk to people who relate u kno wat I mean..friend me on here or in game if u want

#2 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

19k/19d here. 5 years active 9 years njarng with about three of those in Iraq

C4 is by no means a military exclusive unit but we do have a strong showing of vets from all services

#3 mdmzero0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

Not a vet myself, but in the MarineMechs we have a few veterans.

#4 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Plenty of military people in House Marik if you aren't sold on Steiner.

H-minus, Airborne, All the Way!

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

H-minus...old Panther eh? I did some of that :D

11Z with 21 years here so far myself. ALOTof Miltypes play this game OP. You will not have much trouble bumping into us I am sure.

RLTW!

#6 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

I think you will bump into vets virtually anywhere here. I was a 11B/C/M, then learned I could fight with air conditioning and no marching. Then I spent most of my 17 years on Submarines except for the ones where I wasn't. I mean really wtf is a submariner doing in the middle of a freaking desert. That was the only question I ever wanted answered................

At any rate good luck finding a unit. Shouldn't be a problem here.

#7 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Americans are funny, I was in the army and would never even think of identifying myself with it in a game.
But maybe that is just because the Bundeswehr is a bunch of drunks and morons.

Probably the american pathfinders are a tougher bunch than that, except of the Mountainhunters and KSK fellas though.

Edited by Klappspaten, 10 April 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#8 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 10 April 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

Americans are funny, I was in the army and would never even think of identifying myself with it in a game.
But maybe that is just because the Bundeswehr is a bunch of drunks and morons.

You seem bitter. Lighten up perhaps. Why does it matter if that's who he'd like to chat with in a VOIP while blowing up pixels?

#9 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostLukoi, on 10 April 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

You seem bitter. Lighten up perhaps. Why does it matter if that's who he'd like to chat with in a VOIP while blowing up pixels?

Nah, just realistic.
I was stationed in germanys largest base and when we had our first march some people asked the sarge when we would take a rest about 200 meters out of the gates.

Moountainhunters was more fun though. And the KSK guys are tough as nails and really scary.

Plus I dont understand that fuz about the military anyways

Edited by Klappspaten, 10 April 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#10 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Idk how it's realistic exactly to overgeneralize because someone is looking for a certain demographic to play with. Maybe that's not the word you meant to use?

#11 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

I dont want to overgeneralize anything.
But I am curious whenever I do not understand something, and when Im curious I tend to aks.
Obviously the US and the german military are different from each other, since it seems to be something special to have served in america and to have served in germany. I am curious what exactly is the difference.

#12 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Ah well that I cannot speak to. I'm in school with 5 different German NCO's at the moment here in Texas. They seem to be pretty big fans of it, lol (but I guess you'd have to in order to stick with it for 18-20+ years as they have).

#13 Kilgore Bane

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Roger, I was a 19D10 for 4 years during the Cold War days (85 thru 89). I'm alsoan Admin for www.cavalryscouts.org

Currently I'm a member of Murphy's Law which is a House Steiner Clan that's Military Heavy with active duty & vets. I dont think Mititary Service is a Clan requirement but it's a ggreat group of folks that talk the same language.

#14 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Maybe, I was there for only a few years and left when my unit was going to be sent to Afghanistan.
Still a time I like to remember, but nothing I would identify myself with.
But maybe that is a cultural thing. Here in germany the forces have a rather bad image, you might imagine why.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Even after all of this time. I would have hoped that would have been tempered by time. Most Bundeswehr I've worked with were great folks.

You were only in for a short bit. There are tons of Americans who did similar and also don't really identify with being vets or former service member themselves. Depends much on your time spent and how it was spent I imagine.

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

I think it too depends on in which unit your where.
The normal conscript in the unit I started wouldn´t even know how to hold a gun straight.
I would have stayed longer, but Afghanistan happend and I didn´t think we had any business there. Since I was free to leave I left.

I guess your right that its a question of the time one has served.

Edited by Klappspaten, 10 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#17 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

I think part of what your missing is the civilian culture. Americans are in general proud of their military. It is not uncommon for a member of the military to walk into a bar and not have to buy a single drink, or to wear the uniform while traveling and get bumped to first class. You kind of already hit the nail on the head when you touched on the history of your military. Pride from the civilian population helps build pride in the military. Hence we like to associate with those who have served because we do indeed feel special, but also because we feel we have more in common with those who have served. You have to remember that on top of this pride, we are a 100% volunteer military force. That help builds a certain camaraderie that is hard to find anywhere else. Except with those of a like mind.

#18 Kilgore Bane

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

While I was in the US Army as a Scout, I made some really close friends because our lives depended on each other & I have kept in touch with them for over 20 years. I'm proud to have served, I'm really proud of the job that I did and proud to have the earned the right to wear the Crossed Sabers of a Cavalry Scout.
To be able to be a part of the Brotherhood of Cavalry Scouts, to keep the Traditions alive & passed them down to the younger Scouts ... you bet your ass that I'm proud to be a Veteran Cav Scout!

#19 Sochr000

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Former Army here, did 4yrs active duty 31F/25F, then 1yr MNARNG in the "try one" program, or as I like to call it, "Just the tip, just for a second, see how it feels..." lol

#20 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

USMC 1345 97-01, So Cal and a year in Alaska with JTF Alaskan Road.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users