Mwo Cinema / Wauweli

Video Misc

71 replies to this topic

#1 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

(Old got off the rails just a bit so new shiny one)

Hi.

Im called 'wauweli'. Hello all !

I do videos where The Game is the main focus of the film. Trailers, Spots, Story, Cinematics, Emotional stuff... All that crap.

Playlist:
http://www.youtube.c...hUPAsY4cjvhMD7G

Intro:

The Drop:

Clans:

Battle Story:

Battle Story 2:

Viridian Bog:

Plenty there. I do hope you like some of it.

Edited by wauweli, 29 January 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

Are you back! I hope so!

#3 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

By far, some of the best videos I've seen.

I'm f'ing jealous.

#4 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 01 April 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Great videos every time, wauweli! *replays*

Wauweli, you have just been knighted by the man himself.

#5 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

Here we go again.

#6 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

I downloaded it yesterday from Youtube to watch on the commute, the voice over seems to be very original and works very well with the footage. The use of the IS map graphics over the galaxy images were welldone, the use of the House logos (without names a specific house) was a good job that all (except the Clanners...boooo!) can relate to.

My personal favorite was the slow mo of the 'mech falling around 0:44 seconds.

Now that being said I think the piece went a bit long and would've loved to have seen the same strong choice of dialogue wrap up the clip. The music (as always) was a great choice as well. I think you made great edits (as always) and I always enjoy you videos. Now...

...TELL ME YOUR SECRETS :)! I have no clue how you did some of the shots in some of your other videos and would love to know. I know the basics: making the HUD disappear, zooming in the cockpit, which 'mechs make better "CAMS" etc. I am curious how you some of those smooth aerial shots and jumping shots (with the shacky JJ system as it is).

Anyways love you work and look forward to your next piece.

#7 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 30 May 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

I downloaded it yesterday from Youtube to .....

I really like this. Its so cool to think about that someone really rally watch these. Got new one coming... didnt mean to but had an idea.

Anyway. You are right about ending. I wanted to use last bit of this speech at the end but it ended ''we head north'' and i felt it was not spacey enough. Nice pick. Even bigger is that i forgot Lia from the start.

-WW

#8 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

View Postwauweli, on 01 June 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

I really like this. Its so cool to think about that someone really rally watch these. Got new one coming... didnt mean to but had an idea.

Anyway. You are right about ending. I wanted to use last bit of this speech at the end but it ended ''we head north'' and i felt it was not spacey enough. Nice pick. Even bigger is that i forgot Lia from the start.

-WW

Well let me tell you that we've got 6-7 people that watch and analyze every single one of your video -_-
You are a big inspiration to all of us in the TMC.

Your Skill with Blurs, Colours, VFX like rain and the atmosphere you are abled to create is unique.

We would be honored if we could work on a little project with you in the future :P

Edited by Iqfish, 01 June 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#9 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

View Postwauweli, on 01 June 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

If I can offer some advice in that you make a "script" and storyboard it around your own idea, rather than conforming it around dialogue that you acquired.

One other critique and this is very minor, but I'm not crazy with the font(s) you use. For some reason it just looks odd to me. Graphics, motion, editing, dialogue, etc. rock in my opinion.

#10 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostNakamura Takeshi, on 02 June 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

If I can offer some advice in that you make a "script" and storyboard it around your own idea, rather than conforming it around dialogue that you acquired.

One other critique and this is very minor, but I'm not crazy with the font(s) you use. For some reason it just looks odd to me. Graphics, motion, editing, dialogue, etc. rock in my opinion.

Storyboard wont work, i dont use actors, i wont accept 'new audio bits' of lower quality as they are when amateurs do it. Gamemodes maps in this game are so underplayed that it really narrows down what i can do. I hate shooting actors, tried it and wont do it again. As with how story envolves is never one direct thing, it evolves in editing and with music. End result might be very different drom the idea i started with, and i really like that. Confinding my self to strickt plan is not what i like.

Some of my text are done badly but seems like most of that is towards battle of forest colony video. And i cant see any problems with text in it. And as my vids tend to be old most of those are done in time when i was just learning how to edit. When i started this i had never even seen editing software.

ww

#11 Apocalips07

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

The editing is top notch as is the music choice and voice overs. The one place where some of your videos falter is the somewhat lack of structure towards the middle and end. This is probably because you don't use story boards or actors and work from actual game play.

I don't want to tell you how to do your job, and this is some great work. Those were just my critiques while watching your videos. looking forward to your next one.

#12 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

I do hate critique (people dont really know reasoning behind decisions), but i do listen it, and think about it. It will stay with me and effect next project (so its always good thing). As with structure, i split lates video in two, and i do that alot.

First is the part that starts slowly and draws viewer in, without too much stuff happening. Words, sounds, music, mood. Next part was pure action. It was done new players in mind, and what i would like to see. One film does not need to fit all in, or thats what i think.

I have one video that is done purely story in mind, and i will continue that. There is just couple huge problems in it. First i would like to get THE MAP always so i can focus filming. Second i would love if i could film without getting destroyed, And third the material you get, from endless grind for getting that map, Is never what you would like.

This game has tons of problems, when one wants to film that one perfect thing.

#13 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

View Postwauweli, on 06 June 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

... Second i would love if i could film without getting destroyed, And third the material you get, from endless grind for getting that map, Is never what you would like.

This game has tons of problems, when one wants to film that one perfect thing.

With the new lobby you could gather players willing to battle each other without destroying you, as well as "acting" certain material in places on the map where you need it.

Also a spectator camera mode is on its way and was used to comment on the recent tournament. With skills like yours maybe you should get in contact with these:
http://www.nogutsnog...g14930#msg14930
And thank you for sharing your videos! I liked them an will share them per email with some pals to get into the mood for the coming clan invasion! =)

Edit: Haha just saw they are allready in this thread. But anyway good work of all you guys!

Edited by Ryoken, 07 June 2014 - 03:41 AM.

#14 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostRyoken, on 07 June 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

Also a spectator camera mode is on its way and was used to comment on the recent tournament.

Don't tease me (us), even in a private match a Spectator would be a great asset to machinima. Could you provide a link to further info on this?

I would gladly burn some MC for private matches to set this up.

#15 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Lets put this to the line.. Even tho it has its own topic.

Note: I feel just a bit sad that ''riviera'' fight was not seen, but i had very limited time to film and waiting alpine just to pop up random is well... time consuming. And getting that material when finally in the map aint easy. Thats about it.

I will continue that battle series, and do it right...

Edited by wauweli, 15 June 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

View Postwauweli, on 22 March 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

I want your filters.

#17 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

View Postwauweli, on 15 June 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

That was AWESOME!!!!

#18 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Note: I feel just a bit sad that ''riviera'' fight was not seen, but i had very limited time to film and waiting alpine just to pop up random is well... time consuming. And getting that material when finally in the map aint easy. Thats about it.

One thing I would love to do is use the private server system with volunteers to stage a story to be played out in video.
To that end, I would happily volunteer in your effort to do so as well, should you want to try that. (Private server = choreographed for better director/editor control of output.)

#19 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Cool use of Freespace intro. Awesome video. :P

#20 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Sweet.

Nice work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users