71 replies to this topic

#21 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Loved your Clan invasion video! good voice acting and awesome cinematics.

#22 Rivenstar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPHILADELPHIA

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Great work! Was a blast to watch these. Well done!

#23 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Beautiful editing job. You have an amazing artistic sense for putting these together. I realize what a lot of work and frustration it must be when creating these since, as you have said, without the ability to pick and choose maps and camera mode, it takes a LOT of patience. So you have my utmost respect in creating these in that regard.

However, it's too bad that you blatantly use voiceovers, game footage, video and god knows what else from work that is in NO way your own and that you had no part in creating and you don't have the simple decency to respect those creators and at least give them some form of credit at the end of your videos? Yes, I know it's "just a fan-made video" and you're making no profit from it.
Yes, I realize that you credit the music creators on your YouTube channel and that's good, but you're also using voice clips and video from professional actors and artists and giving no credit to those sources ANYWHERE that I can see. I'm sorry, but that's wrong. I know in today's "everything is free on the internet" way of thinking it may not have seemed important to you. I realize that as a voice actor and creative person it means more to me than the average person so please excuse my rant. I just feel that even a simple listing of the resources you stole "borrowed" from would have been the right thing to do.

#24 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Well George, to be honest, from video creator to video creator and as much as I respect you, it is incredibly hard to find ANY free voicework, 3D sequences or music, especially when your creations don't have any budget.

That's why we just started creating our OWN 3D sequences, collect some money to pay voiceactors (like you :blink: ). But since wauweli is a single character and does not have 5 "helping hands", I can absolutely understand him.

Taking voicework or whole scenes from other games/video/movies/whatever may be borderline but at least he credited them a little bit.
The amount of stolen stuff in the internet has reached new heights and I think wauwelis video are the wrong end to start changing that.

Edit: Don't get my Post as unfriendly or anything like that, I completely agree with you that giving your sources is a DUTY but hey, it's a video.

Edited by Iqfish, 18 June 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#25 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostIqfish, on 18 June 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Well George, to be honest, from video creator to video creator and as much as I respect you, it is incredibly hard to find ANY free voicework, 3D sequences or music, especially when your creations don't have any budget.

That's why we just started creating our OWN 3D sequences, collect some money to pay voiceactors (like you :) ). But since wauweli is a single character and does not have 5 "helping hands", I can absolutely understand him.

Taking voicework or whole scenes from other games/video/movies/whatever may be borderline but at least he credited them a little bit.
The amount of stolen stuff in the internet has reached new heights and I think wauwelis video are the wrong end to start changing that.

I don't expect him to pay for ANY of stuff he borrows from, Iqfish and I really DO think he's an amazing artist in his own right. I only am asking for video creators to acknowledge their sources whenever possible. But I can only find credits for the music he uses and that's only on his YouTube channel, not in the videos. If he has publicly credited ANY of his other sources in his videos than please point them out to me and I will profusely apologize. I have been guilty of neglecting the source of images in some of my work in the past as well but I strive to correct that whenever possible. I don't expect anything to change. But I feel better knowing that I spoke up for the original creators.

#26 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostGeorge Ledoux, on 18 June 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I only am asking for video creators to acknowledge their sources whenever possible... I don't expect anything to change.

Oh boy did you go wrong way to say this in your first post.
And second, dont ever be that arrogant. Wow...

- Now there are more links in my videos.

#27 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:13 AM

View Postwauweli, on 19 June 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Oh boy did you go wrong way to say this in your first post.
And second, dont ever be that arrogant. Wow...

Well that was the worst possible answer...

#28 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostIqfish, on 19 June 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

Well that was the worst possible answer...

Why so? I did say i added links what he wanted (And will do so in future).

But also made statement that aggressive rant like that is not constructive. Saying im a thief and some one who will never learn to give credit is bad thing to put up there. I think i was civil.

#29 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

@ wauweli: I am a fan of your work since the first video I saw (Revival). So I am a really new fan but I have to say your work is astonishing! Do keep on making these, as it makes us all dream of a MWO we would love to have and still hope to get!

@ copyrights-people: You have passed your message, now please, from a MWO player to another, refrain from dragging this discussion and diverting the main topic's attention from what it really is, a fan sharing his work with the BT loving community. Thanks.

#30 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

View Postwauweli, on 19 June 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Why so? I did say i added links what he wanted (And will do so in future).

But also made statement that aggressive rant like that is not constructive. Saying im a thief and some one who will never learn to give credit is bad thing to put up there. I think i was civil.

Wauweli, you have been very civil and I am sorry if the way I spoke created harsh feelings. It was not my intent.
I very much appreciate that you have added credits to you videos on YouTube and that is all I ever wanted. Thank you. :)

As I said, I am a fan of your work and will continue to be. Please accept my apologies for derailing your thread.

#31 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostGeorge Ledoux, on 19 June 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Wauweli, you have been very civil and I am sorry if the way I spoke created harsh feelings. It was not my intent.
I very much appreciate that you have added credits to you videos on YouTube and that is all I ever wanted. Thank you. :)

As I said, I am a fan of your work and will continue to be. Please accept my apologies for derailing your thread.

Well you had valid point and i did learn from it. Some lessons are not that fun, but as it turned out, it was very good point.

PS.. Gredits now

Writing Credits: Mike Breault / Jason Scott
Dialogue Recordist: Paul Andris / Ernie Sheesley / Dave Steele / Scott Warren
cinematic dialogue editor : Frank Szick
sound designer : Dan Wentz
Main narration: Ronny Cox / http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Edited by wauweli, 20 June 2014 - 02:57 AM.

#32 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

Well... George... Wauweli... maybe you two are both very nice guys that got started on the wrong foot... so I am very glad to see this very seasoned and positive turn of events.

And as a fan who appreciates the work of both of you, I can only imagine what could happen if maybe you two could join forces and amaze the community with great videos sporting great voice acting. :)

And even if you keep on going seperate ways, thanx to both of you for enriching the BT universe!

#33 SuperBroHeroFella

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Amazing videos. One can see how you keep getting better at the cuts and effects! I really dig how you keep inventing new ways of using sound for the videos, very creative!

You can still work on your pick of fonts and effect-fades, for example the black movie bars are sometimes visible, sometimes not. I guess it's also better using the MWO logo, not writing it in text. :)

But very nice to see such lovely works! Looking forward to the future "story inventions" of yours!

#34 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Actually, Wauweli might have found the ONLY way in the UNIVERSE to make the MWO music interesting.

Great job at that :)

#35 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Ok... i will credit better in future.

-------

Mechwarrior Online

Mechwarrior online: by piranha games
http://piranhagames.com/

Mechwarrior online
https://mwomercs.com/

3D artist: Lisa Sapinsky
Concept Artist: Alex Iglesias
Presidet: Russ Bullock

--------

Heavy Gear

Writer: Jason Scott
Voice Producer: James Riordan
Sound Recordist / Voice overs: Michael Swartz
http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_2

---------

Updated gredits for ''Freespace 2'' part
http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Writing Credits: Mike Breault / Jason Scott
Dialogue Recordist: Paul Andris / Ernie Sheesley / Dave Steele / Scott Warren
Cinematic dialogue editor : Frank Szick
Sound designer : Dan Wentz
Main narration: Ronny Cox / http://www.imdb.com/.../?ref_=tt_cl_t2

--------

Edited by wauweli, 20 June 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#36 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

New Stuff. Summer Trailer.

#37 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

A fan of your videos! Amazing work there.

#38 wauweli

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

Thank you. Next time i will do something a bit different.

#39 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Awsome...

#40 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

The "Mechwarrior Online - Revival" was awesome, definitely my favorite, I've now showed it to many a friends. Had one friend that didn't want to play MWO, but once I showed him "Mechwarrior Online - Revival" he started playing mwo.

Edited by Stingray1234, 10 July 2014 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users