Free Rasalhague Republic Faction Mechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tiapan

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

I was wanting to know what are some Free Rasalhague Republic faction mechs that are currently playable in game . I want to keep my mechs to traditional FRR mechs as close as possible?

#2 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

http://www.sarna.net...lic_BattleMechs

This is a broad overview and there would have been quite a few mechs that are common with all of the factions but the Sarna list covers more of the ones found mostly in FRR and less so outside of it.

#3 Tansut

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 57 posts
  • LocationRunning circles around your clunky Atlas

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

FRR never really manufactured a lot of their own 'mechs, so what they had were a lot of Steiner and Kuritan leftovers. Mostly Dragons, Jenners, Firestarters, Banshees, and some other basic IS 'mechs. Nothing really special that they could call their own.

#4 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

If MWO is supposedly set in the year 3050, then the only mech manufactured in the FRR is the PNT-9R Panther.
...Not playable in the game, and I don't foresee the developers introducing it.

It's a light mech with the speed of a heavy mech, and speed is the reason light mechs are competitive in this game. They have to go pretty fast to take full advantage of server lag, Host State Rewind, and the current state of sketchy hit registration. If the devs ever fixed that, light mechs would have to play more conservatively. Heck, they might even have to sneak around and act as spotters, and then we'd get that "role warfare" the devs talked about and...

...No. The developers have had over a year to work on all that, and have only made baby steps with HSR.
The Devs must like to play Spiders, because they haven't fixed the issues that make them immune to most enemy fire.

But, back on the Panther subject:
According to ye olde 3050 Technical Readout, production at New Oslo stops some time in 3050 as the plant is dismantled and relocated to Satalice.
During a year-long lull in the fighting, the plant at Satalice starts producing the PNT-10K, and some new version of the Archer.

Later, Satalice is one of the battle sites in MechWarrior 2, because it's occupied by Clan Wolf.

This page of an old thread shows someone's suggestion for how to simulate a Panther by putting a PPC on a Commando:
http://mwomercs.com/...rr/page__st__60

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 24 March 2014 - 03:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users