House Steiner Mechs (Traditional)

19 replies to this topic

#1 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

Are the some mechs th hat just scream Thats from the Lyra Commonwealth! ?

Looking to get a set of light mechs to play in game, but just generally curious as well. Thks in advance for any help!

#2 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I can list the Steiner factories that produce these mechs if that's ok.
Coventry Metal Works (Lyran Commonwealth)-Firestarter, Commando, Hunchback
Defiance Industries (Lyran Commonwealth)- Griffin, Atlas, Banshee-3S and 5S
Star Corps Industries [Sun Hoa] (Lyran Commonwealth)- Highlander

Edited by Will9761, 23 March 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#3 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

I like to see threads like this.

I realise I'm crazy for not going pure stats and 'meta' but I do like to theme certain things I do. Lists like that are a lovely touch for me and I do like to see them around. I'm constantly considering saving them to a document somewhere just to have a general idea what the factions are rolling around in. Most importantly of course, the one I'm part of.

Two I can confirm from general knowledge is the Commando and the Atlas. Most importantly the Atlas. Steiner is very fond of assaults.

#4 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

I think the two most identified mechs for the Lyran Commonwealth are the Commando and Zeus (and its sad that we don't have the Zeus assault mech in the game), at least going by lore from the tech readouts and MWRPG. They also made the Banshee a workable mech (considered a very bad design per lore prior to this) when they reworked it, lowering the engine size to free up space for the firepower an assault mech should pack. Also, for a medium, they had the Hatchetman.

#5 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Awesome Gents, Thanks for the replies! I bought the Oxide mech thinking I would get some nostalgia from my original MW (yes I'm dating myself here) games. Then we had the Faction Challenge this past weekend ( how do we find out the results of that BTW?) and I declared for Haus Steiner ( This is who I played for back in the day as well, "Feel the Hammer of the 14th Skye!"). I'll be grabbing some Commandos and thumbing through the Light Mech forum to learn the best ways to kit them out. See you on the field! :-)

#6 bloodangeluk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Except for the Dragon, all of these mechs are manufactured within the Commonwealth. But you can justify almost any mech for any faction really. There is certainly mechs that are more common than others but there's nothing to say that the mech you pilot wasn't mothballed back in the day and has been taking out of storage for use. Or an even easier excuse is that your faction has bought some mechs from their neighbors and you got your hands on one.

Edit: I was mistake, the Shadowhawk is not manufactured within the Commonwealth but it is a fairly common mech to see.

Lights:
Commando, Firestarter, Locus

Medium:
Griffin. Shadowhawk, Hunchback

Heavy:
Thunderbolt, Dragon (Salvaged from the Combine),

Assaults:
Atlas, Banshee, Battlemaster, Stalker, Highlander.

Edited by bloodangeluk, 15 June 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#7 Roachbugg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

The flashman is another common lyran mech

#8 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Good to know! Not familiar with the Flashman until I looked it up on Sarna. Not my style, but that's not the point of my question up top. Thanks for the replies. :-)

#9 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Common Lyran mechs in MW:O

Atlas D
All Awesomes
Banshee 3E, 3S
Battlemaster 1G, 1S
Cataphract 3D
All Centurions
Cicada 2A, 2B, 3C
Commando 2D, 3A
Firestarter H, S
All Griffins
Highlander 732
All Hunchbacks
Jaegermech S
Locust 1V, 3S
Orion 1K
Quickdraw 4G, 4H
All Stalkers
All Thunderbolts
Trebuchet 5N, 7M
All Victors

As per Catalyst

http://www.catalystd...ewUnitList.asp?

#10 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 23 March 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

Are the some mechs th hat just scream Thats from the Lyra Commonwealth! ?

Looking to get a set of light mechs to play in game, but just generally curious as well. Thks in advance for any help!

See page 65 of the Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables (available here), and look for 'Mechs that are both in MWO and/or have an availability of 9 or 10 (which denote "Very Common"), or 7 or 8 (which denote "Common").

Interestingly, the AWS-8Q Awesome (availability rating of 7) is actually more common in the canonical LCAF than the AS7-D Atlas (availability rating of 4, denoting "Rare")... as are both the BNC-3E & BNC-3S Banshee variants and BLR-1G BattleMaster (all have an availability rating of 7)! B)
In fact, the AS7-D is actually proportionally more common within both the AFFS and the DCMS (availability rating of 5 (denoting "Uncommon") for each) than in the LCAF (with the LCAF not being that much larger than the AFFS or DCMS as of 3050 - ~112 LCAF regiments, versus ~77 AFFS regiments & ~99 DCMS regiments) - so much for the notion of the all-Atlas lance as a "Steiner scout lance" (which would actually be all-Zeus lances, more often than not)! :) :)

The most common 'Mechs in the LCAF (availability ratings 9 or 10) currently in MWO are the COM-2D Commando, GRF-1N Griffin, LCT-1S Locust, and STK-3F Stalker.
The still-fairly-common 'Mechs in the LCAF (availability ratings 7 or 8) currently in MWO are the AWS-8Q Awesome, BNC-3E Banshee, BNC-3S Banshee, BLR-1G BattleMaster, FS9-H Firestarter, GFR-1S Griffin, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk, TDR-5SS Thunderbolt, and WVR-6R Wolverine.

#11 Mehth

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

These are the mechs and their variants built in Lyran space up to 3055 (that are obviously in MWO). This doesn't include all the Inner Sphere General mechs.

Remember many mechs are imported or acquired by other means that may not make this list.

Light

Locust LCT-1S
Locust LCT-3S

Commando COM-1A
Commando COM-1B
Commando COM-2D
Commando COM-3A
Commando COM-5S

Firestarter FS9-M "Mirage"

Jenner JR7-D

Medium

Blackjack BJ-2

Centurion CN9-A
Centurion CN9-D

Griffin GRF-1S
Griffin GRF-1DS

Shadow Hawk SHD-2D2
Shadow Hawk C

Wolverine WVR-7D

Heavy

JagerMech JM6-S
JagerMech JM6-DD
JagerMech JM6-DG

Thunderbolt TDR-1C
Thunderbolt TDR-5SS
Thunderbolt TDR-9SE
Thunderbolt TDR-9S
Thunderbolt C

Cataphract CTF-1X
Cataphract CTF-3D

Assualt

Awesome AWS-9Ma

Victor VTR-9S
Victor VTR-9D

BattleMaster BLR-1S
BattleMaster BLR-3S

Stalker STK-5S

Highlander HGN-732
Highlander HGN-732b
Highlander HGN-733
Highlander HGN-733C
Highlander HGN-733P

Banshee BNC-3S
Banshee BNC-5S

Atlas AS7-S
Atlas C
Atlas II AS7-D-H

The C mechs are rare for another 10 years or so as they are Clan tech refits but they are around as of Clan Invasion.

The Atlas II is also extremely rare as they we're only brought back by the clans.

As you might also know the Lyran famous AS7-S2s and AS7-S3s don't exist for another 10 years, Atlases got very big for Steiner's then.

http://21starcturan.enjin.com/

Edited by Mehth, 28 March 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#12 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

@ OP Check page 4 of this link for the canon IS manufacturing capability in 3052 - 54.

http://mwomercs.com/...re/page__st__60

Anything with a 'LA' is Steiner

Anything produced outside of the FC though is probably salvaged from other Houses.

#13 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

All fun stuff to read. Loving the hard links in paticular.

It gives me a lot more to think about when considering what to fill the empty mechbay with.

#14 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

Nice thread, but how accurate is the catalyst demonstration website? There seem to be a lot of mechs for steiner.

#15 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Nice overview, thanks guys will build my mechhangar like this :huh: ! Only Steiner factory. No was just kiddin! Love my other variants as well. What I also would like to see here in MWO is the Shootist (remember Mechcommander2?!)

#16 TheMainframer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

You'll see my Steiner butt in a Commando 2D most the time. It does a good 500-750 damage in a good game. The only issue if that Im entirely out of missiles by the end and am just slapping them with a small laser.

#17 Herzog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant Major
  • Sergeant Major
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostTheMainframer, on 23 April 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

You'll see my Steiner butt in a Commando 2D most the time. It does a good 500-750 damage in a good game. The only issue if that Im entirely out of missiles by the end and am just slapping them with a small laser.

Now that paints a picture! :)

"Now get over 'ere so ah can taunt you a second time!" pew pew pew pew

#18 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

... and what about the Zeus guys, I want my Zeus NOW B) !

#19 dru666

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

i read this tread and so bought my first two mechs a commando and a hunchback and man have i got my butt kicked ive barely killed anyone and ive died a million times.
i remember the hunchback being a great mech though slow in older games but i just get drilled before i can get in close enough to use my huge amount of medium lasers im packing
and i wont start on the commando im normally the first mech destroyed haha

#20 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Don't worry. The Commando is a very good mech, worth mastering it. You just need to find a role, maybe a scout or you play conquest and capture points with it. It's the fastest mech in the game and it's really fun. Maybe it's not the typical beginners mech. Don't sell it, you will have fun with it later. :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users